Pure Bred Riders - PBR Photo Gallery
www.PureBredRiders.com
Lake Helen, FL

I was told to ask you all about 12's.

Old 10-10-2002, 10:50 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Question I was told to ask you all about 12's.

What is the best way to learn 12's, Standing up or sitting down first? Standing position, sitting position on the bike?
I am totally clueless on how to start learning besides busting my *** over and over. Any pointers and or advice would be great. I do have a 12 bike. GSXR1000 with a 200 on the rear with 18# of pressure. Stock gearing. Should the 12 bar be on the bike or is it better to learn with out one?
Maybe you all can come up and ride with us on a saturday night.
thanks in advance.

Preston
Old 10-10-2002, 11:25 PM

icehot113 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont mean to butt in or anything, but a 200 rear tire is worse, cuz u got a **** load of tire there, get a 180, it will be less curved and more flat on your 6 inch rim, better than a reall curved tire...
-icehot113
Old 10-10-2002, 11:26 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by icehot113
i dont mean to butt in or anything, but a 200 rear tire is worse, cuz u got a **** load of tire there, get a 180, it will be less curved and more flat on your 6 inch rim, better than a reall curved tire...
-icehot113
I dunno wtf he's talking about. He also said he was a 1000... Must be brand new.. He always had a 750...
Old 10-11-2002, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by nags
I dunno wtf he's talking about. He also said he was a 1000... Must be brand new.. He always had a 750...
I still have the 750, BRO. My stunt team has a spare 1000 to **** around on.
On the 200 note. That is what Adam from chaindrive told us to put on. I have been practicing some but not a lot on my 750 with the 180. It gets squirelly on me, so I am going to the 1000, so I don't trash my bike.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:30 AM

racerrob is an unknown quantity at this point
i wish i had a spare 1000 sitting around!...i dont know about without, but if you put a bar on it and park it, you're going to break your subframe! and there aint that many on e-bay!
Old 10-11-2002, 12:50 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by TwistedPimp
I still have the 750, BRO. My stunt team has a spare 1000 to **** around on.
On the 200 note. That is what Adam from chaindrive told us to put on. I have been practicing some but not a lot on my 750 with the 180. It gets squirelly on me, so I am going to the 1000, so I don't trash my bike.
Adam is smoking crack then. I know Kyle puts on a smaller tire than usual so that it "stretches" and is flatter.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:26 PM

jamesF4 is an unknown quantity at this point
cat walks

dont listen to nags he doesnt know what he is talking about. you should always learn 12's sitting down so you get the whole feeling of the trick, not this left foot on the rear peg thing that people think is the best way to learn. a 200 tire isnt the best thing to learn on but it wont hurt (15-18 psi). what you do is slide your *** onto the left side of the bike to help keep it straight and slip the clutch up with the wheelie so it doesnt come up too fast on you. your gonna want to keep your arms strait too. as you start to get them higher find something on your bike to stair at (you want to keep whatever your looking at at eye level) . try your cluster at first and work your way down. the tail will hit when your a looking a little above the gas cap. the hardest thing to get with this trick is brake control because that is what its all about the throtle will hardly move from the quarter position the whole time. what to go higher slowly let off the brake , lower get on the brake. at first its gonna seem like your pushing yourself off the bike cause your using it so hard but practce makes perfect. dont give up, just be safe because unless your joe brown this trick gets everyone sooner or later. P.S. Dont chop at the throttle, it never results good..
i hope i was a good person and i help someone learn this.

James
PBR
Old 10-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Renegade Distribution

Erika is an unknown quantity at this point
Joe Brown went down doin a 12 too,broke the subframe so it really does get everyone......hehe
Good luck PIMP!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2002, 11:38 PM

Re: cat walks

Originally posted by jamesF4
dont listen to nags he doesnt know what he is talking about. you should always learn 12's sitting down so you get the whole feeling of the trickJames
PBR
uhm.. ok...... nowhere in this thread did I say for him to do them standing up. While they are easier to learn that way, I didn't even mention it here......

-nags
Old 10-13-2002, 12:59 AM

jamesF4 is an unknown quantity at this point
OK COOLGUY
Old 10-13-2002, 01:28 AM

thanks

James, I will try sitting to the left. I have been staring at the triple clamp. Still getting whoply. I am around 10 right now but have no brake control.
I will keep practicing but no one up here can really even do them, so it is hard learning when there is no one to watch. Trial and error.
Maybe you guys can come up and ride with us one saturday or saturday night or we can make a trip to Daytona.
thanks for the information.

Preston
Old 10-13-2002, 01:37 AM
RickNasty.com

Rick929 PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
i think james was referin to sittin a little to the left because the rodes we ride on are crowned

keepin them from goin side to side will come in time

practice on a quad, u cant wreck them, plus u learn fundamentals

to build confidence in brake control-use the brake to bring the wheelie down rather than choppin the throttle

remember, as long as u close the thottle b4 u hit tail, ur not gonna flip, i was 3inches from tail the other day with no brake

let me know the progress

Rick929
Old 10-13-2002, 02:00 AM

I will.
thanks again. I will start taping my tries to see how I am doing and what I maybe doing wrong.
Old 10-13-2002, 02:47 AM

racerrob is an unknown quantity at this point
today was the true test for my subframe, after much destruction i have braced it at all four mounts with steel plate, and one of the spars broke right in two, so i added steel to it and it held up today and i was slamming it...
Old 10-13-2002, 10:29 AM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
ok class

james is on the right path

if you wont to learn 12s first things first

when you ask someone how to 12 make sure they can 12 befor taking their advice

a proper 12 is sitting on the seat stairing at the tank and keeping bike verticle as you can using the brake

first thing i would do is 1dn 2up gears

then i would put 15 18 lbs of pressure in rear tire

learn to clutch bike up to the spot and not get nervous cause you have the brake covered

the farther you look down the tank toward the gas cap the higher the 12 will stay

you dont learn 12s in one day exspecially if your asking how to do them take your time and it will come

as far as a 180 or 200 dont matter

as long as you have the right pressure it is only preferance
i like 190 and 200 but i have givin kyle many 160 tires but i believe its cause their free

having your body square is very important

the way i learned them is on a xr 100 and a ttr125 small 4stroke dirt bikes are the way to go
it dont hurt when you bfaqll in the dirt

good luck and if i forgot banything or you need more help just holla
Old 10-13-2002, 10:31 AM
www.purebredriders.com

DIGIDY PBR is an unknown quantity at this point
i forgot one thing
i put steel braded brake lines one bike as well

brake fade will scare you

as for standup 12s
they will come as soon as you can do them sitting down

i got it in a day after i could sitdown
once you have the fundamentals its not hard to branch off in diff variations of the trick

Last edited by DIGIDY PBR; 10-13-2002 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:31 AM

Thumbs up

going to practice what you all have said. thanks again.
Old 10-13-2002, 03:28 PM

pbrchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Nags = ****

I agree with james
Left foot rear peg is cheatin
If u can do a 12 sittin down then u got skillz
And Nags u better watch it , don't be ****** with PBR

lol
Old 10-13-2002, 04:36 PM
IS YOUR GOD!

RONNIE is an unknown quantity at this point
12's huh??

well, i dont know how to do them that well, but i will try to help..

first things first.. road conditions+tire pressure is EVERYTHING when you're LEARNIN this trik.. if you ask me, i say make yer prssure as low as you need to be comfy.. it will take you longer to get this trik if you're competing with 5 obstacles at once.. wanna get used to the height? keep pressure down. then when yer comfy.. keep pressure at about 15-18 like B does. thats good poundage. everyone does it different, but i NEVER drag my clutch out.. i say POP IT!! dont even get on yer brake until your at about standard wheelie height then start applying pressure and adjust from there WITH YOUR BRAKE, NOT THROTTLE.. like james said, the choppier you are, the more the bike is gonna dance on ya. bring it up somewhat high and quick and keep it nice and smooth using the brake.. if yer doin it right, you will hear the motor gettin a lil boggy soundin.. once you get all this down, all you need is ***** to BRING IT BACK!!!! if you dont mind spendin the time, the absolute best tool for learnin a 12 is a BANSHEE!! i rode during the winter and i scraped my tail in 2 days.. i **** you not.. quads work... but anyways.. WHAT DO I KNOW?? lol LATA!

p.s.. im on yer tail B.. lol!!! I GET THAT LEFT HAND UP THERE AND IM ALL GOOD!!! get ahold of me rick.. you pbr *****!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ronnienthcantsee.jpg (70.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 10-13-2002, 10:22 PM

Re: Nags = ****

Originally posted by pbrchick
I agree with james
Left foot rear peg is cheatin
If u can do a 12 sittin down then u got skillz
And Nags u better watch it , don't be ****** with PBR

lol
When did I ever say to do left foot rear peg? And I ain't ******' with no one.

Quick Reply: I was told to ask you all about 12's.