Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 PM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person
Re: Liter bikes, need your opinion please

wow someones a fan
Old 07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I'm with bubash on this. I would make sure this thing hits the market and doesn't explode(like the new r6 did a year or so..the rev limit issue?).

But one big pusher would be seeing someone tear one up on the track/stunt scene. I remember back in 03 my boy seen mladin on win the championship and went out and bought a brand new 1g.

I think its great that they got you trying to show them how the rest of the bike world lives. But I wouldn't mind heated grips on those cold stunt nights
Old 07-31-2009, 10:06 PM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

1000rr would be my first choice 2nd would be the zx10. The BMW looks nice but I am sure parts would be expensive and hard to come by.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

only new liter i would buy is the zx10.

mods would be the basic stuff....undertail and exhaust.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 PM

B0arder606 is an unknown quantity at this point

1. The up and coming KTM
2. The Beamer
3. 1000rr
4. gixxer 1k

WOuldnt buy a yammy or a kawi i dont really like em all that that much.

But ill stick with 600s cause id kill myself
Old 08-01-2009, 12:24 AM
CA STUNTER

big ben is a decent person

R1
r1
r1
r1
r1
r1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:49 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
what would YOU need for YOU to make the BMW your first choice? hmmmm
400cc less lol

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:23 AM

l Bolo l is a decent person

The BMW looks like its gonna be real sick but I gotta wait to see how it stacks up in a shootout before I would think about buying one. I just dont see a bike challenging the cbr. If that warranty is true though that helps out biiiigggg time! Especially want to see what it does on the dyno, the R1 supposedly had 170hp and in reality cant even hit 150.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:08 AM

TaNgElO6 is a decent person

the warranty is def a plus and it would be nice to have something diff than just the same four of five bikes that everyone is rolling around..... i would only be worried about how expensive it would be for parts and how long it would take for them to come out with it being brand new....a matching helmet would def be a plus when buying and maybe even a nice discount on a jacket while your there....about the dealership thing when i had my m3 with prob 12 or 14k in it, when i would have to get something from the dealership, they would see a young guy not dressed like anyone in there and just give me the look like what the **** is this guy doing in here....wouldnt even ask me if i needed anything and let me just walk right by and not give me the time of day...then see what i got into on the way out and be all over my nuts asking about the car n **** and giving me business cards saying if ya need anything just call....so yeah the **** at the dealerships suck and that is a def downfall for me...but then again i wouldnt let some ******* salesman keep me from getting a bike that i wanted, cause if i want it im gona get it....

sorry this is kinda long but i would **** buy it for a streetbike just cause i like the looks and its not the same ole **** ya see running around...

but for that price it would be kinda hard to not to go pick up a new repsol..
Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 AM

OC DeBo is a decent person

CBR for life

I mean like everyone said, just cuz its a honda. Its automatically a beast, and its till th ebest bike out there to buy. ( i dont care what Cycle World says on their annual liter bike test)
Old 08-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

i cant figure out how to post this but it made me laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaB40TLQE8M

id say the R1 or the bmw just for looks but the more parts that came with the bike would be a plus to buy like stock adjustable rearsets adjustable clipons ect. that would help push me to one or another bike
Old 08-01-2009, 12:58 PM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

1000RR
Old 08-01-2009, 01:14 PM

DIRTYJEFF636s is a decent person

[quote=Cincykillz;4063809]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaB40TLQE8M

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 08-01-2009, 01:31 PM

toddy is a decent person

my choice would be, bmw 1000rr, in the bmw racing colours. really like the look of the bike the air vents remind me of a sharks gills, looks mean.
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	229062

the bmw brand has defantly got cooler over the years with bikes like g450x crosser, and f800r.and would be good if this go:s in to production the s600rr

Click image for larger version

Name:	s6rr.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	229063
Old 08-01-2009, 03:56 PM

WADESEC518 is an unknown quantity at this point

first thing i do is fender eliminator, steering damper, braided lines with motul fluid and a handbrake of course my favorite 1000 has to be the 04 05 ZX10 so if i was to buy a new liter bike it would most likely be a ZX10....

but if that beemer is as good as you say, i would need to ride one before i bought one....
Old 08-01-2009, 04:14 PM
GAME OVER *****

0410R will become famous soon enough0410R will become famous soon enough

cbr1000rr all the way
Old 08-01-2009, 04:23 PM
Crashing SUCKS!!!

LAST CALL is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been a gsx-r 1000 fan most of my life until I got hold of an 05 Zx-10. Man I loved that bike. Power for days and great handling. Only problem was a little headshake but nothing a GPR stabilizer couldn't fix. If I was to get another liter bike I'd probably go with a Kawi again but I don't like the new look on the Zx-10. I'd wait to see if there was any major problems with the BMW and give them a chance to fix the issues. 193hp is insane if it's true.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Suicidl
1000rr would be my first choice 2nd would be the zx10. The BMW looks nice but I am sure parts would be expensive and hard to come by.
Took the words right outta my mouth
Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Lit
I♥MyF4i.

Lit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to beholdLit is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lee majors
i disagree 100%.
instead, the dealers should just use common sense when selling someone a bike. a dealer has the experience to be able to judge the capabilities of a rider just by talking to him and watching him sit on the bike.
dealers just need to be more responsible.
I think tobacco companys should be more responsible and quit producing deadly products.
Dude, seriously you wont stop anyone from making there money.

But teach, if i had the money to not care about service and parts i would totally be rocking a 193 hp bmw on the streets. As for aftermarket parts, it'll have to have a good sounding exhaust atleast!

But as of right now i would be buying a 08 or older r1.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:10 PM
zippy tie rider

GSXRROCKER is a decent person

1000RR all the way... for any number of reasons listed on here...

FE kit, stabilizer, exhaust, and flush mounts in that order need to be done to em...

and as far as why i wouldn't want the BMW... they have the same stuck up attitude as Ducs people... **** the "i am better than you" attitude, I fucked your wife, what now? The service on it would be harder (not as many stealerships), more expensive, and again you gotta deal with the stuck up ***** again... I like the 3 year warranty, but i'd be over the milage in 2 years... and the two HUGE things i wouldn't buy it for are 1) I think you said 13,800? sorry, thats 2k worth of **** i could be putting into my RR and 2) the first rule of technology, don't buy anything with a low serial number... let some other schmuck find the flaws first

Quick Reply: Liter bikes, need your opinion please