Liter bikes, need your opinion please

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:26 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough
Liter bikes, need your opinion please

so i'm doing an informal research analysis type deal for BMW. as many of you know they are releasing the new BMW S1000RR in december for the public. this is a new venture into the sportbike market for BMW and it
s my job to make sure people know about it, etc...

some fast facts:
$13,800 retail (upgrades like traction control, etc are a bit more)
193 hp
400 lbs dry

class leading HP

now if you could, what liter bike would you buy and WHY?

for real please...i'm definately using this info!

CBR1000
ZX10
GSXR1000
R1
BMW 1000RR
Old 07-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future
Re: Liter bikes, need your opinion please

It's a sick looking bike. I love the one round, one not headlight configuration. The one I saw was in green. The color was awesome.

If I was going to buy a liter bike (not to stunt) I would pick up an R1. I really like the KTM RC8R though. If money was not object, it would be the RC8R.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Destroyer of Bikes

Outlaw_FTP will become famous soon enoughOutlaw_FTP will become famous soon enough

BMW 1000RR Ive wanted one since the first glimpse i caught of it
Old 07-31-2009, 02:36 PM
shady since the 80's

Austin913 is a decent person

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
so i'm doing an informal research analysis type deal for BMW. as many of you know they are releasing the new BMW S1000RR in december for the public. this is a new venture into the sportbike market for BMW and it

some fast facts:
193 hp
400 lbs dry

class leading HP

CBR1000
ZX10
GSXR1000
R1
BMW 1000RR

zx10r, cause I bleed green. I wouldnt really consider a liter bike, but if I bought one it'd be the 10r. I'll give BMW a cpl/few years to work out the kinks on their new offering... but that is a dead sexy bike. love the asymmetry in the design, perfect for a hooligan paint job.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Jus Sayin

~TK~ is a decent person

Gsxr 1000 street killa
Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Currently I'd buy the Honda 1000RR.....it has the most user friendly power and agility.....plus it's a honda......but that BMW 1000RR is so close moneywise and a BMW, it would definitely be in the running.......the only thing that would hold me back right now is it's a new model......I like to see the bugs worked out......
Old 07-31-2009, 02:46 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

the gixer, my old gix1 was the **** for street riding

but damn 193hp, the most HP Ive rode was a gixer with 167hp(to the wheel) and that thing was a ******* monster!
Old 07-31-2009, 02:47 PM
Precison Performance Co.

Yamaha412 is a decent person

Yamaha R1, step ahead of the rest when it comes to innovation and technology, from the early EXUP valve that everyone now uses and the GENESIS 5 valves per cylinder motor that was untouchable, to the deltabox frame, to YCC throttle and now the *** kicking R1 in superbike with the cross plane crankshaft, its yamaha all the way because its performace first.

Now let everyone begin the bashing of my post.... but this is all my opinion but facts dont lie and neither do wins.... but im coming from a track and race standpoint not stuntbike.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:48 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

I would say a CBR1000RR. I've rode them all (except the BMW of coarse) and the Honda feels the best. I've rode the new K1200s and it was FAST! I can't wait to ride BMW1000RR!!
$13,800 is not bad considering all bikes have been going up in price the last couple years. I'd like to own one because EVERYBODY wouldn't have one like GSX-R's ect.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

If I bought one, it'd probably be the new CBR. I hated them at first, but they've grown on me a lot. I think I'd want to ride them all then buy the one that felt best
Old 07-31-2009, 02:56 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

zx10 for sure. but if the 1000rr still looked like they did in 06/07 id get one of those. the new ones are just wayy too ugly although i bet theyre awesome to ride.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
F*(K Yut Uggh

287ridah is an unknown quantity at this point

I heart my 04 zx10r. Best power to weight ratio period (least I think). Comfortable seat position, unlike other bikes 1000rr boooo, sorry f4ibry. I dont like how I have to run 91 octane, which I dont always do anyway. Stocked geared it wheelies like no other (even though my comparison is only to the 929, which is a pig compared). Smaller in everyway compared to the same year 636 except seat height. Basically a 1000 motor in a 600 structure.

Last edited by 287ridah; 07-31-2009 at 03:12 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:04 PM
J Blox

frayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura aboutfrayz has a spectacular aura about

I would say honestly in my opinion it would be between the new zx10r and the bmw s1000rr.

The honda 1000rr are ugly and lacking from what i've heard.
GSXR1000rs are so common. they have good power but nothing else really exciting.
The R1 has a siccck *** new motor from what I heard, but everything else just feels the same.

The 10r has the most HP out of those. Great handling performance, the brake calipers would be my drawback on it and have been for a few years. Comes stock with a adjustable stabilizer.

The S1000RR Looks different. Its a BMW so it stands out and stands for class. If it comes with the brembo calipers its already a foot in front of the competition. The monster HP numbers bmw is claiming also makes it a very easy choice for straight performance.

Id say the 10 is my favorite as an out of the box stoppie machine. If BMW added an adjustable stabilizer(much like the weakened factory ohlins) It would slay all competition in its class no doubt.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:08 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

well my last post didnt go thru for some reason...

neway...1000rr for me! i have the 06, and love it, so id want the new one of course

kawi-10R is a close second, but u cant beat the looks of the 04-05

yamaha-sounds like a lawnmower and looks like it has 2 .50 cals on the under tail

gsxr-yut ughh, ultimate squid machine

bimmer- sweet bike looks hard as hell, but the bmw ppl at my local dealer A & S cycles roseville ca, dont even give u the time of day when you walk in. they just sit back and read their sport touring mags with their shirts tucked in...they laugh at the sight of a cbr1000rr saying its an outdated design, wait till our sport bike comes out...bla bla bla

when the bmw folks get their nose outa the sky about their bikes then ill ride one....

good luck on the new bike teacher
Old 07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Yamaha412
Yamaha R1, step ahead of the rest when it comes to innovation and technology, from the early EXUP valve that everyone now uses and the GENESIS 5 valves per cylinder motor that was untouchable, to the deltabox frame, to YCC throttle and now the *** kicking R1 in superbike with the cross plane crankshaft, its yamaha all the way because its performace first.

Now let everyone begin the bashing of my post.... but this is all my opinion but facts dont lie and neither do wins.... but im coming from a track and race standpoint not stuntbike.
You're not going to get bashed from me. That's why I said R1 in my post above but it was for all the reasons that you listed. I was too lazy to write all of that.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:31 PM

BT_Xtreme is a decent person

choice 1. kaw zx10 why? being that ive rode the all the top 4 liter bikes id prefer the zx10 over all. retail pricing is the cheapest out of all four. the handling on the bike is insane almost like throwing a 600 around. the low end torque is a beast not to mention it doesnt lack on the top end either. suspension is great.

choice 2. yamaha just because of the outrageous power is dispaces...end of story

choice 3. suzuki because the handling is a little stiff and lacks low end compared to the zx. top end is great especially on the track.

choice 4. but not that its bad...its just honda 1 good thing i can say is that it will always run.....

i work at a dealership for kaw, yam, and suz so i get to hear a lot of feedback from customers who owns them which also influenced my opinions.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:45 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

some fast facts:
193 hp
400 lbs dry

class leading HP

CBR1000
ZX10
GSXR1000
R1
BMW 1000RR
beemer kuz i just love exotics and they look way trick!
by the way you kicked *** at the humboldt show teach!
my son still shows all his buddys his shirt and hat you sighned for him.
He's a big fan and allready learning trickz.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

good posts guys, keep em coming...

i hear ya on the BMW dealer thing...that is part of the image i have been hired to change.

so basically, if you aren't brand loyal, and if the price point is basically the same, it comes down to looks with some performance?

btw: the s1000rr has some pretty nifty designs taken straight from F1...i dont really care about that stuff, but some of the tech geeks dig it.

an add on question: what mods would you do to the bike straight off the showroom floor?

also: are you looking for anything else with your purchase BESIDES just the bike? as in, dealer support, cool factor, track days etc.

not looking as to what bike you would stunt, just what bike would you buy if you were in the market and were going to buy any liter bike out there....

thanks again and keep em rolling...was told I can't release the spy footage I have on the S1000rr, but suffice to say, the bike is siiiiiiick!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:50 PM
N2O
Never 2 old 2 die!

N2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud ofN2O has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 287ridah
I heart my 04 zx10r. Best power to weight ratio period (least I think). Comfortable seat position, unlike other bikes 1000rr boooo, sorry f4ibry. I dont like how I have to run 91 octane, which I dont always do anyway. Stocked geared it wheelies like no other (even though my comparison is only to the 929, which is a pig compared). Smaller in everyway compared to the same year 636 except seat height. Basically a 1000 motor in a 600 structure.
929 a pig?
Mine weighs 383 lbs...
Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

an add on question: what mods would you do to the bike straight off the showroom floor?
something I've always thought street bikes should come with stock are frame sliders.......they are not that expensive and everyone with any common sense puts at least sliders on to protect the plastics.......

Quick Reply: Liter bikes, need your opinion please