how to jump the f4i fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Jstunna408 is a decent person
how to jump the f4i fuel pump

please help...i cant figure out this problem i am having .
Old 05-25-2009, 08:31 PM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts
Re: how to jump the f4i fuel pump

I wouldnt do it .,.its not good idea to do that but theres a thread somewhere talkin about jump the wires and all.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by Big R 508
I wouldnt do it .,.its not good idea to do that but theres a thread somewhere talkin about jump the wires and all.
well my bikes turning over but my fuel pump wont prime and fire up so im trying to figure out what my options are
Old 05-25-2009, 08:49 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Check fuses, if its not that, get a new fuel pump?

-Jesse
Old 05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by JesseJacobs
Check fuses, if its not that, get a new fuel pump?

-Jesse
thats why i like to jump it too see if is that ? and when u say fuses what fuses ?
the ones under the seat there all good ! im like so pissed i was riding fine all i did was put the bike up and bring it down from truck and now it wont kick over

Last edited by Jstunna408; 05-25-2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If EVERYTHING isn't hoked up perfect, the fuel pump wont prime, its a safety feature.

It's got to be something hooked up wrong somewhere, tip over sensor, bad wire, loose connection, or a connection just not hooked up..

While your fuel pump MAY have went out, theres like a 99.99% chance its something else
Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JesseJacobs can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If EVERYTHING isn't hoked up perfect, the fuel pump wont prime, its a safety feature.

It's got to be something hooked up wrong somewhere, tip over sensor, bad wire, loose connection, or a connection just not hooked up..

While your fuel pump MAY have went out, theres like a 99.99% chance its something else
+1 Check ALL your plugs..... And my friend had this happen on his 04 gsxr and it was a fuse under the seat, so if those are all good... Its probably not that... But definitely check all your wires and connections....

-Jesse
Old 05-25-2009, 09:39 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

check ur kill switch. could me messed up. and to jump it unplug it and and the plug from the pump should be green, brown, and brown and black. if i remember right the black one is ground. the green is the prime. run it straight to the battery if the pump turns on then ur pump is fine.. try that and then see what happens/
Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

what towilee said. very rarely is it the fuel pump.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:20 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by Towlieee

ill be looking for a bad wire i am lost any certain fuses i should be looking for ?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by JesseJacobs
+1 Check ALL your plugs..... And my friend had this happen on his 04 gsxr and it was a fuse under the seat, so if those are all good... Its probably not that... But definitely check all your wires and connections....

-Jesse
cool ill be looking and about +1 Check ALL your plug like what u mean check the wires ?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by faceless
check ur kill switch. could me messed up. and to jump it unplug it and and the plug from the pump should be green, brown, and brown and black. if i remember right the black one is ground. the green is the prime. run it straight to the battery if the pump turns on then ur pump is fine.. try that and then see what happens/
there's three wires on the plug
Old 05-25-2009, 10:28 PM
GP BIKES INC

faceless will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jstunna408
there's three wires on the plug

i know there is 3. one is a ground. one is a power and one is for the prime. just put one on the ground and the other to the power. and run straight to the battery. had to do it on a 1000rr 2 weeks ago at work. guy swore his fuel pump was bad cause it wouldn't start and got it to prime. he had a bad relay.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

another thing i would check are the engine start/stop relays. i dont know why they are called this because they are not "starter relays" or "solenoids" they are little 4 pin relays that are a part of the tail harness and from all the beating the crap outta my bike and dancing around on the seat with them jammed under there and nonsecured i've had issues with them before.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jstunna408
ill be looking for a bad wire i am lost any certain fuses i should be looking for ?
Only fuses are under the seat

Do you have your tip over sensor by passed?? If not might as well do that to start, just cut the wires on the tip sensor, and tie the red and green together, and tape off the white wire. Make sure its hooked up SOLID and WONT COME UNDONE...

IF you haven't worked on your bike recently, then it's probably not a wire unhooked..

It could be ANYTHING.. . my problem for over a year ended up being the kill swithces wire, on the MAIN wire harness was bad.. Ended up having to splice it and solder it to fix it....
The way I found my problem, was by turning my key on, and jiggling each individual wire tell I found out what wire was causing my fuel pump to turn on and off...

As long as everything is connected, tip sensor by passed, fuses all good, all you can do is trace wires and hope for the best. Electrical problems suck.

Also this is another posibility, it could be the resistor in your ignition has gone bad.. Happened to a friend of mine.. There is a resistor in there that sends 7v down one of the ignition wires.. Do you have a friend with a f4i that you could possibly try his ignition, OR pop your ignition off and just plug it into his bike real fast and see if his bike works??

Also if you have a friend with another f4i, put your ecu in his bike and try it
Old 05-25-2009, 10:40 PM

dannymyung is a decent person

when u turn the ignition on does the highbeam light come on the dash even though the highbeam isn't actually on, along with the fuel pump not priming? if so, same **** happened to my f4i. there's a big shitty grey plug off the main wire harness behind the headlight and i ended up cutting two outside wires before the plug (engine side) and spliced them together to bypass the tipover sensor completely. fuel pump is probably fine. there's threads on how to bypass tipover sensor on here.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by dannymyung
when u turn the ignition on does the highbeam light come on the dash even though the highbeam isn't actually on, along with the fuel pump not priming? if so, same **** happened to my f4i. there's a big shitty grey plug off the main wire harness behind the headlight and i ended up cutting two outside wires before the plug (engine side) and spliced them together to bypass the tipover sensor completely. fuel pump is probably fine. there's threads on how to bypass tipover sensor on here.
i run street fighter no high beams or lights
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
another thing i would check are the engine start/stop relays. i don't know why they are called this because they are not "starter relays" or "solenoids" they are little 4 pin relays that are a part of the tail harness and from all the beating the crap outta my bike and dancing around on the seat with them jammed under there and non secured I've had issues with them before.
i put 2 new spare's on still didn't turn the fuel pump on. i am just looking for a wire to jump the fuel pump then ill start digging . i am way frustrated like i said all i did was loaded my bike up and rode it up the ramp the turned it off . I came home from airshow and now it just turns over but no fuel pump prime.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:51 PM

dannymyung is a decent person

same here. do u have any gauges you could hook up temporarily? even if you do or don't, do this mod real quick, splice those two wires together, and i'm 99% sure your **** will work.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...er-sensor.html

Last edited by dannymyung; 05-25-2009 at 10:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Stunt'n Is A Habit

Originally Posted by dannymyung
same here. do u have any gauges you could hook up temporarily? even if you do or don't, do this mod real quick, splice those two wires together, and i'm 99% sure your **** will work.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443...er-sensor.html
no

Quick Reply: how to jump the f4i fuel pump