adjusted my f4i cam chain tensioner

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: adjusted my f4i cam chain tensioner

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
you could find them cheaper on ebay. and order the $2 gasket with it. This one is $44 shipped without the gasket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APE-C...Q5fAccessories

This one is $58 shipped w/o the gasket

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/APE-C...Q5fAccessories

gasket? What's a gasket?

ooooooooooh you mean this stuff

Old 04-30-2009, 11:25 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Towlieee
It's pretty simple really, just a pain to access the bolts, it takes a couple hours to do (because of how hard the bolts are to get to)

The only thing that could go wrong is if you set the tension wrong.. Too loose you skip a tooth on timing and bend valves.. Too tight and you stretch your chain and it breaks.
But its not hard... Just snug the adjusted against the chain, losen it like 1/8 turn, start bike up.. If it rattles still tighten it tell it stops, if it doesn't rattle losen it tell it does rattle then just tighten it a little tell it stop...

If you were around here i'd do it for some alcohol!
the first time I did one it took me 2.5 hours which ****** sucked lol. I did one for my friend and got the **** done in about 20 minutes with adjusting it. Once you do it once and know what angles you gotta go at its a lot easier. Here's a very good write up that I followed and tells you what size hex keys you need etc.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...t-install.html

You need a 1/4" drive coz 3/8" wont fit through the hole on the frame
Old 04-30-2009, 11:26 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

gasket? What's a gasket?

ooooooooooh you mean this stuff

for the extra $2 I just picked up the gasket. Im ****** lazy LOL.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

the first time I did one it took me 2.5 hours which ****** sucked lol. I did one for my friend and got the **** done in about 20 minutes with adjusting it. Once you do it once and know what angles you gotta go at its a lot easier. Here's a very good write up that I followed and tells you what size hex keys you need etc.

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...t-install.html

You need a 1/4" drive coz 3/8" wont fit through the hole on the frame
+1 for SURE

first time I spent at LEAST 2 hours, after that, its less then 30 minutes

I didn't even use the hole in the frame, I just reached in from the top with a wrench

I used my fingers to get it close, then got a wrench in there and went like 1/8th turn at a time
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 AM
NealFoReal

+1 for SURE

first time I spent at LEAST 2 hours, after that, its less then 30 minutes

I didn't even use the hole in the frame, I just reached in from the top with a wrench

I used my fingers to get it close,
then got a wrench in there and went like 1/8th turn at a time
benefits of not having fat stubby hands lol.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:26 AM

benefits of not having fat stubby hands lol.
Not to hurt your feelings buuuuut

I eat nothing but garbage. TV dinners, hot pockets, pizza rolls, fast food, ALL DAY...

155lb's 5'11
And I feel fat, gained 10 pounds in the last year

I can already tell my metabolism is slowing down.. But eh, **** it
Old 05-01-2009, 01:33 AM
NealFoReal

Not to hurt your feelings buuuuut

I eat nothing but garbage. TV dinners, hot pockets, pizza rolls, fast food, ALL DAY...

155lb's 5'11
And I feel fat, gained 10 pounds in the last year

I can already tell my metabolism is slowing down.. But eh, **** it
I eat nothing but fast food, pizza and gahbage all day and pack the lbs on 5'7" and 190 right now When I was unemployed for 9 months I got to ride around 5 or 6x per week - I slept til about 3 every day and only ate twice a day. I went from 200lbs to 170 in about 2 months. Now that I got a job where I sit behind a desk all day - im back to eating at least 3 meals a day lol and doing nothing and get to ride my bike twice a week on the weekends and I packed 20 lbs back on in about 2 months. Yay - the joys of being employed lmao. Ok back to bed lol.

Edit: oh and I definitely feel like a fat slob now Even tho it was done the wrong way when I lost the weight I felt great. Now that I put the majority of it back on I feel like a slob. I need to get back in the gym at least but I hate working out