How can I make the lot as fun as the streets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:46 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve
Re: How can I make the lot as fun as the streets?

Originally Posted by killswitch12283
Danger Dave.....still ridin eh? Scene is dead here, im still ridin though, picked up another 636, 06
yeah for sure. i was visited by curly from city slickers, he told me riding is my "1 thing" lol. so ima still poppawheelieing.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:50 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

Florida smells like *** and every time i set a wheelie down im always worried if a cop saw me.... ****** 1000 dollar fines
FTP FTP FTP!!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Whitetrash

JEFF4EZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
I have put off riding in the lots for a couple of years; one because I cant see the fun in putt puttin across the lot and two because I did not want to put the work into learning the slow ****. Well, I have spent about 4 or 5 days in the lot over the last two months and it is not really changing my feelings.

I still suck at slow ****, but I am not convinced that I will like it even when I get better. I just do not see the rush in it, I respect and realize the skill involved and the challenge, but it is not really fun. For me, nothing beats rocking wheelies down the highways for all of the "civilians" to see.

So, has anybody else been in this predicament? If so, how can I change my perception of the lot? Or should I just shut the **** up and force myself to have fun?
You can't I've been riding the lots for the last year or year 1/2 with about 6-7 hours of genuine street time and I'll tell you right now you will never make the lot as fun as the street. Even with all the new street laws down here in FLA I'm ready to get back out in the streets. The way I see it is pretty much everyone who rides ****** wheelies does it at first because a. they love a rush and b. they wanna look like a bad ************. that's why I did it and no parking lot or circle is ever gonna give me the same rush as rockin a 55-60mph ss or even a sitdown for that matter. p.s. I'm drunk. thanks 4 listening
Old 02-26-2009, 01:37 AM

Steveowit3os is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
ya probably the 27 year old women with a kid trying to get a husband and a house..

but the 18 year old ***** notice
well said
Old 02-26-2009, 01:39 AM

killswitch12283 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
yeah for sure. i was visited by curly from city slickers, he told me riding is my "1 thing" lol. so ima still poppawheelieing.

haha nice, good hearin from ya
Old 02-26-2009, 09:16 AM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JEFF4EZ
You can't I've been riding the lots for the last year or year 1/2 with about 6-7 hours of genuine street time and I'll tell you right now you will never make the lot as fun as the street. Even with all the new street laws down here in FLA I'm ready to get back out in the streets. The way I see it is pretty much everyone who rides ****** wheelies does it at first because a. they love a rush and b. they wanna look like a bad ************. that's why I did it and no parking lot or circle is ever gonna give me the same rush as rockin a 55-60mph ss or even a sitdown for that matter. p.s. I'm drunk. thanks 4 listening
That is exactly how I will feel. Rocking **** on the street with the flow of traffic is a feeling like no other. I have more fun getting on my bike, throwing my MP3 player on and hitting the highways all by myself than anything else i do.

I went out a week or two ago, just felt like hitting the streets (its cold up here right now, so we dont get many warm days this time of year). I realized after about an hour that I had a smile on my face the whole ******* time. I cannot imagine any scenario in the lot where I could say the same, no matter what skills I hadd developed.

I guess the lots are like football practice. You just gotta put up with all the miserable bullshit so that you can kill it at gametime, which is like when you take it to the streets.

Last edited by Ringmaster72; 02-26-2009 at 09:22 AM.