How can I make the lot as fun as the streets?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM

Ringmaster72 is an unknown quantity at this point
How can I make the lot as fun as the streets?

I have put off riding in the lots for a couple of years; one because I cant see the fun in putt puttin across the lot and two because I did not want to put the work into learning the slow ****. Well, I have spent about 4 or 5 days in the lot over the last two months and it is not really changing my feelings.

I still suck at slow ****, but I am not convinced that I will like it even when I get better. I just do not see the rush in it, I respect and realize the skill involved and the challenge, but it is not really fun. For me, nothing beats rocking wheelies down the highways for all of the "civilians" to see.

So, has anybody else been in this predicament? If so, how can I change my perception of the lot? Or should I just shut the **** up and force myself to have fun?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
KTD

KTD is a decent person
Re: How can I make the lot as fun as the streets?

i was always into the fast **** to now all i basically do is lots slow **** is frustraing at first but after you start progressing it just keeps getting more and more addicting to try more
Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

If all you do is ride streets, how you gonna show off for hot bitches at a gas station?

If you go ZING by at 60mph in a hc your gone

or you could pull up busting a no hander pointing at them, then dip into circles while you watch their panties drop

Old 02-24-2009, 03:21 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Ringmaster72
I have put off riding in the lots for a couple of years; one because I cant see the fun in putt puttin across the lot and two because I did not want to put the work into learning the slow ****. Well, I have spent about 4 or 5 days in the lot over the last two months and it is not really changing my feelings.

I still suck at slow ****, but I am not convinced that I will like it even when I get better. I just do not see the rush in it, I respect and realize the skill involved and the challenge, but it is not really fun. For me, nothing beats rocking wheelies down the highways for all of the "civilians" to see.

So, has anybody else been in this predicament? If so, how can I change my perception of the lot? Or should I just shut the **** up and force myself to have fun?
i am a dedicated and diehard street rider myself. the thing about it is, you can rock the same old straight line wheelies on the streets for the rest of your life, or you can go put in some work in the parking lot and start intersection smashing. it sucks going on a big street ride and everyone is murderin circle combos in the intersections and ur sitting there wishing you could. i know cuz that was me in 2007, i could do some circles but not real good, so winter of 07 i put in mad work in the baltimore lots and came out blasting last year. too bad my season got cut short by a ****** neck injury but whatever u get the point.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
KTD

KTD is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
If all you do is ride streets, how you gonna show off for hot bitches at a gas station?

or you could pull up busting a no hander pointing at them, then dip into circles while you watch their panties drop

i tottaly agree with these guys
Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
i am a dedicated and diehard street rider myself. the thing about it is, you can rock the same old straight line wheelies on the streets for the rest of your life, or you can go put in some work in the parking lot and start intersection smashing. it sucks going on a big street ride and everyone is murderin circle combos in the intersections and ur sitting there wishing you could. i know cuz that was me in 2007, i could do some circles but not real good, so winter of 07 i put in mad work in the baltimore lots and came out blasting last year. too bad my season got cut short by a ****** neck injury but whatever u get the point.
yeah, and you are one of the guys I am similar too. I see you always rocking full fairing and that is what i am all about. So, me puttin around the lot on a streetfightered bike is shitty in more ways than one. Anyway, i am going to keep putting the work in, but it is ******* boring.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Honda > Yamaha

WheelzUp is a decent person

lots of tickets and finally losing my license is makin me switch over ... always wanted to learn slow stuff and now i have no choice .. just gotta get good then i'll get all da bitches
Old 02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
KTD

KTD is a decent person

yeah, and you are one of the guys I am similar too. I see you always rocking full fairing and that is what i am all about. So, me puttin around the lot on a streetfightered bike is shitty in more ways than one. Anyway, i am going to keep putting the work in, but it is ******* boring.
who says you gotta have a streetfighter to rock the lots im full fairing????
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM
is a squid

BIG-D is an unknown quantity at this point

You cant

But like has been said, gotta put in work to get the panty droppin, titty floppin, slob knobbin bw's.

You can play horse and **** like that in the lot to push each other. Think outside the box...use trailers, hoods, benches, etc.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by KTD
who says you gotta have a streetfighter to rock the lots im full fairing????
You are not as shitty as me, LMAO. If I was full fairinged over the last couple of months, I would not have any fairings left.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:58 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

You are not as shitty as me, LMAO. If I was full fairinged over the last couple of months, I would not have any fairings left.
just gotta work on being smooth and either be loaded with $$$$ or have patients and skill to rebuild your bike yourself

I always try to keep my bike FF, even if that means running zip tied plastics
Old 02-24-2009, 04:05 PM

just gotta work on being smooth and either be loaded with $$$$ or have patients and skill to rebuild your bike yourself

I always try to keep my bike FF, even if that means running zip tied plastics
Then where is your upper in your avatar,
haha.

I am with you though, I rather build the fairings out of zip ties than ride around without em. Nobody looks good on a streetfightered bike, IMO.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

light fires in the lots and have people throw things at you
Old 02-24-2009, 04:15 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have a lot of people to ride with the lots are fun as hell and friendly competition will make you progress fast ...

once you start getting better at more technical tricks the streets become boring and the lots are more fun ..

lots doesn't always mean slow tricks and street fighters
Old 02-24-2009, 04:17 PM

MIKE_SR is an unknown quantity at this point

eh, most chicks could care less
Old 02-24-2009, 04:18 PM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MIKE_SR
eh, most chicks could care less
I actually agree with this
Old 02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old man roger
if you have a lot of people to ride with the lots are fun as hell and friendly competition will make you progress fast ...

once you start getting better at more technical tricks the streets become boring and the lots are more fun ..

lots doesn't always mean slow tricks and street fighters

+1000 perfect well said, nice big lots too
Old 02-24-2009, 04:20 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll get it and you'll love it when things start clicking and you get on a good learning curve. it's all about time and practice, and since you came from the fast game, once you learn the slow then it's time to mix it all together into a crazy style.

just cause lots of lot people just put put around on idle all SUPER SAFE and don't let it hang out doesn't mean you can't learn it and then throw some throttle at it also, boom technical enough to slow it all the way down bust some **** and then stall out of it and gas gas gas into some excitment.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:26 PM
"Back on the Block"

JohnnyBmore will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by old man roger
the streets become boring and the lots are more fun ..

.. dont tell me your that old ..... j/k

The steets be where its at!!! but unless you really get the lot control down ,be it fast or slow , your not having the fun you could be..... lots or streets ....

Friends make the lot fun !! & im sure skills do as well .......

But till then maybe find a couple spots to practice spread out in your area .. work one for an hour or so & then street ride to another to lift your spirits !! & put in some more work .... over & over ....
use a couple spots you know you cant ride in for more the a half hour or so & bounce around to um ... that way you make use of dead lots & have the fun of getting kicked out !!
Old 02-24-2009, 04:27 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

pretty sure im over 80mph in the lots doing stoppies

fast straightline combos can be done in the lot

Quick Reply: How can I make the lot as fun as the streets?