f4i headlight need SWITCH?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 04:56 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point
f4i headlight need SWITCH?

so i just hooked up my headlights for my 01 f4i i dont have that light switch on the left clipon that does the high beams low beams and signals. if i remember all street bikes have front running lights so i plugged in the plugs and my gauge cluster shows that my lights are on but NO LIGHTS lol do you guys know if High beams Low beams is needed to run the lights?

thanks
Old 11-29-2008, 04:59 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: f4i headlight need SWITCH?

nope you do'nt need the stock switch hooked up to run the low beam..

Have you checked the fuse under the seat? ANd are you sure your using the right wires? I think the headlight wires are like green and black, and green and blue or somthing

btw the gauge cluster only shows if your higher beam is on, not if the low beam is on.. So if its showing your lights are on, it almost sounds like theres a short somewhere or somthing..
As your high beams should not be lighting up on the gauges if the high beam switch isn't hooked up
Old 12-01-2008, 06:06 PM

kaiks is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: f4i headlight need SWITCH?

**** thanks man i still cant find the problem... so hard i checked the fuse box i think my next step is to follow the wires to see whats up

p.s after i disconnected the bulb plugs and all not even the high beam light pops up on the gauge