Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
123 MORE LOOPS TO GO

bklynshowoff will become famous soon enoughbklynshowoff will become famous soon enough
Re: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses

Originally Posted by toneth
Yeah I kinda wanna use this bike to learn how to build them though.. get my wrenching skills up a bit. I suck bad right now. It'll be fun to slowly turn it into what I want over the winter.

Anything I should know? It says the title is from Texas meaning he never registered it in NY I suppose. Wouldn't that mean the old Texas owner would have to sign off on it for me? I got that DTF form Nardz told me about. I'm confused as **** with all this. Though.
Take it from me home skillet... Wrenching it up aint what its cracked up to be yo... wait until you absolutely HAVE to wrench it up....my blood pressure went up over that **** man...
Old 11-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Eh if its only $15 and you're impatient then order it. I gotta call a few ppl to remember who said they had an extra lever for me.
Thanks man.. yeah it's cheap as hell and I'm gonna have to move it soon and getting up a ramp without brakes is gonna be tough.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:36 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Thanks man.. yeah it's cheap as hell and I'm gonna have to move it soon and getting up a ramp without brakes is gonna be tough.
gettin it up a ramp with no brakes is the easy part. try getting it down a ramp with no brakes lol. thats always fun. use the clutch then but its still a pita
Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
123 MORE LOOPS TO GO

bklynshowoff will become famous soon enoughbklynshowoff will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by inolen
Toneth, you should just get your parts all ordered up and then ask Eric or Neal to let you crash their garage and us all come over and get your bike setup while making numerous jokes at your expense

Edit: Also, congrats on the f4i. I can't believe you got one
Word up Son.. Congrads... That **** feels good right... I'm a few days away from getting my trailer yo.. So Imma be at the spots more regularly.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Tone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really niceTone The Natural is just really nice

gettin it up a ramp with no brakes is the easy part. try getting it down a ramp with no brakes lol. thats always fun. use the clutch then but its still a pita
Yeah that's how I did it yesterday but I had my boy there helping me get it down.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:31 PM
what is he doing?

becky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond reputebecky has a reputation beyond repute

i'm taking requests for snacks at the spot this weekend....popcorn *****, funfetti cake, or a blueberry loaf.

i want to make some sort of sweet snack tomorrow or friday but we won't be able to eat it all in the house before it goes bad....so let me know what you guys will eat and which ever one has the most i'll make that.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

Originally Posted by becky
i'm taking requests for snacks at the spot this weekend....popcorn *****, funfetti cake, or a blueberry loaf.

i want to make some sort of sweet snack tomorrow or friday but we won't be able to eat it all in the house before it goes bad....so let me know what you guys will eat and which ever one has the most i'll make that.
If i was there id go with funfetti all day long lol
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

Ok, so I'm making a list of **** I need to order within the next month. I'm thinking of going with an A-Town cage. They're not too expensive and people seem to be happy with them. Any ideas?

So far my list consists of..
Rearset bracket,
A-Town Cage
OMR Subcage
Moose EZ-Pull
Acerbis cyclops headlight
Full Throttle handbrake kit w/ NISSIN Master Cylinder

Right now my main focus is getting the cage and the rearset bracket which I will order next Friday, I wanna get it on the streets and make some whoolies before December where it's gonna be way too cold.

Any ideas on what kind of clipons to get? Can I just flip and turn the stock ones out?
Old 11-04-2009, 02:51 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

ATown cage is fine.

Don't get a subcage for the f4i yet, save your money. F4i rear peg brackets are pretty tough, I use to jump all over mine.

EZ-Pull is good.

Headlight is fine if you need one.

Don't get a handbrake setup yet (and that one isn't very great).

Keep your stock clipons.

I'd also suggest learning idle on stock gearing and then getting some gearing once you learn to appreciate that, but that's just me Also, try to pick up a 900rr idle cable so you don't have to make your bike run like poop to get the idle high.

Last edited by inolen; 11-04-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Ok, so I'm making a list of **** I need to order within the next month. I'm thinking of going with an A-Town cage. They're not too expensive and people seem to be happy with them. Any ideas?

So far my list consists of..
Rearset bracket,
A-Town Cage
OMR Subcage
Moose EZ-Pull
Acerbis cyclops headlight
Full Throttle handbrake kit w/ NISSIN Master Cylinder

Right now my main focus is getting the cage and the rearset bracket which I will order next Friday, I wanna get it on the streets and make some whoolies before December where it's gonna be way too cold.

Any ideas on what kind of clipons to get? Can I just flip and turn the stock ones out?
I got a minty MSR EZ Pull lever. $25 and its yours. It was on my bike for a month before I got the righteous clutch lever. Ummmm dont worry about a handbrake now. You dont need it so save the money for when you do need and buy a dual caliper setup. OMR Subcage is a good idea - especially for your big goonie self. The pegs flex so much that Im not comfortable standing on them at 200lbs So if I were you - intially Id get an OMR SC, EZ Pull, 12bar, Rearset, ATown Cage and mild sprockets if you wanna gear it although lookin back now I wish I woulda learned on stock. Save for the rest once you start gettin better.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:55 PM
NealFoReal

ATown cage is fine.

Don't get a subcage for the f4i yet, save your money. F4i rear peg brackets are pretty tough, I use to jump all over mine.

EZ-Pull is good.

Keep your stock clipons.

I'd also suggest learning idle on stock gearing and then getting some gearing once you learn to appreciate that, but that's just me
Agree with everything he said except for the Subcage. Agreed that the F4i pegs are tough but Iono - I'd just rather have the extra protection just in case. You're also a skinny bastard. Toneth is 230+ pounds and he's gonna be putting ALL his weight on that rear peg learning staggereds. Eh to each his own though. Eventually when you need clip ons theres a bunch of different choices. The most common is Vortex but like Inolen said you could rock the stockers now to save your loot.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:55 PM

inolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of lightinolen is a glorious beacon of light

I'll put money down that Neal can't break a good condition f4i passenger peg bracket by jumping on the peg.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:57 PM
NealFoReal

I dont got money to waste losing a bet to you lol but me personally I wouldnt chance it on any bike I get. I barely do staggered wheelies but I still wouldnt chance it. Iono - like I said to each his own but youre a skinny ****** - me not so much so I'm comfortable knowing I have something that definitely wont break.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM

Neal just loves OMR
Old 11-04-2009, 02:59 PM
NealFoReal

I'll put money down that Neal can't break a good condition f4i passenger peg bracket by jumping on the peg.
Im intrigued now. Youre saying that if I jump on the rear peg bracket repeatedly, it wont break at all Besides that - you have to take into account that he's gonna be squidly mcsquidly and probably will be dropping his bike a lot. That could lead to a hairline crack and then his big sloth lookin *** will stand on it and it could then break mid wheelie. Like I said - just a matter of preference to me. I'd never rock on stock pegs.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:05 PM

monday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nicemonday518 is just really nice

230 pounds will bend them down but I dont think thats what I would be worried about that bike is going to be taking some falls they might break that way
Old 11-04-2009, 03:07 PM

Im intrigued now. Youre saying that if I jump on the rear peg bracket repeatedly, it wont break at all
I am saying exactly that.

I know for a fact I weighed about 185lbs for the majority of the time I ride my f4i. I jumped all over those pegs and abused that bike. I had 1 or 2 bend to a noticeable degree, and I also broke 1 or 2 for sure over ~3 years (all from wrecks, not jumping). Look at #2 in all the AZ's finest videos with stock passenger pegs and he weighs about the same as me, but the force of his jumping from frog to RL far outweighs the force from the 30 extra pounds you guys have on you when just standing on them.

Save the $180 and don't buy into the hysteria unless you are on a bike where it is a real problem or you are as petite as Chino.

Last edited by inolen; 11-04-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM

ClanofAnts has a spectacular aura aboutClanofAnts has a spectacular aura about

Go Tone! Good to hear you got a bike, we need more serious riders in these parts, can't wait to see you out on it!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:10 PM
NealFoReal

Originally Posted by monday518
230 pounds will bend them down but I dont think thats what I would be worried about that bike is going to be taking some falls they might break that way
+1 One little crack that he dont see and then sloth gets on the bike to make a whoolie and its over.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:11 PM
Zippy Tie Rider

ATown cage is fine.

EZ-Pull is good.

Keep your stock clipons.

I'd also suggest learning idle on stock gearing and then getting some gearing once you learn to appreciate that, but that's just me Also, try to pick up a 900rr idle cable so you don't have to make your bike run like poop to get the idle high.
It already has a 54 tooth on it. What's the 900rr idle cable do? Also I figured I need a subcage because I'm fatter than ever now pushing 245. I see them snapping and my braciole being in a whole lot of pain. Can the stock clipons be turned out so they're not angled inwards so much?

Gotcha, I was worried

I got a minty MSR EZ Pull lever. $25 and its yours. It was on my bike for a month before I got the righteous clutch lever. Ummmm dont worry about a handbrake now. You dont need it so save the money for when you do need and buy a dual caliper setup. OMR Subcage is a good idea - especially for your big goonie self. The pegs flex so much that Im not comfortable standing on them at 200lbs So if I were you - intially Id get an OMR SC, EZ Pull, 12bar, Rearset, ATown Cage and mild sprockets if you wanna gear it although lookin back now I wish I woulda learned on stock. Save for the rest once you start gettin better.
Sounds good. Is that the perch and all that? I'll take it when I get paid next Friday I'll come down Saturday or Sunday when you guys are riding. If we can fix that bill of sale **** by then I can get the cowl from inolen, the ez pull from you, and the form to go register it and have it on the streets in 3 weeks.

Quick Reply: Calling aLL NY stunters and stunteresses