Got a fiddy.... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person
Re: Got a fiddy.... now what?

Originally Posted by Zuki750
Hondas are super tough. Teach ran a full lap around the 50 track without oil. Filled her up and she kept on running. I think it was Jay from VO that has seized his 2 or 3 times.
My xr70r has been heat seized no less than 5 times......... I didn't change the oil for quite a few hours......... It smokes now, and I have to add oil once a week, but it runs great and doesn't foul plugs YET..... The smoke is getting worse
Old 09-17-2008, 01:27 AM

mikexxx is a decent person

why the hell would you weld pegs to the swingarm? doesnt it make more sense to put the axle through the pegs and tighten the axle like your just putting the wheel back on???
Old 09-17-2008, 01:29 AM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

Originally Posted by mikexxx
why the hell would you weld pegs to the swingarm? doesnt it make more sense to put the axle through the pegs and tighten the axle like your just putting the wheel back on???

why put sissy pegs on in the first place
Old 09-17-2008, 12:46 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mikexxx

um, if you took a quick look at the bike, you would notice its not like a crf50, it would'n;t be very easy to add a peg to that axle, it would be MUCH Easier to add it to the swingarm

Originally Posted by I_throw_nickels
why put sissy pegs on in the first place

What you call "sissy" pegs on a 50, are like passenger pegs on a sport bike....
Old 09-17-2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Towlieee
um, if you took a quick look at the bike, you would notice its not like a crf50, it would'n;t be very easy to add a peg to that axle, it would be MUCH Easier to add it to the swingarm

What you call "sissy" pegs on a 50, are like passenger pegs on a sport bike....

no ****? ....some people say that just so they can seem like theyre doin something tight but really its too easy to even do...its for kids that drag ther feet so they can break the habit and start doin reallies

ps. reallies = real wheelies.... just thotted it up f
Old 09-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

no ****? ....some people say that just so they can seem like theyre doin something tight but really its too easy to even do...its for kids that drag ther feet so they can break the habit and start doin reallies

ps. reallies = real wheelies.... just thotted it up f

Or it's for tricks that are hard as **** on the front pegs, just like on a sport bike...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6...mcirclefo7.jpg

Not using stunt pegs on a 50 is just like not using passenger pegs on a sport bike..
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM

Or it's for tricks that are hard as **** on the front pegs, just like on a sport bike...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6...mcirclefo7.jpg

Not using stunt pegs on a 50 is just like not using passenger pegs on a sport bike..

its not anything like using sport bike passenger pegs....on the passenger pegs you still move with the bike....on the sissy axle pegs you let the bike move under you, wayy different....

i know what it looks like so i dont need pics or vids

but like you said if you cant do em on the front pegs then get sissy pegs

Last edited by I_throw_nickels; 09-17-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:42 PM

its not anything like using sport bike passenger pegs....on the passenger pegs you still move with the bike....on the sissy axle pegs you let the bike move under you, wayy different....

i know what it looks like so i dont need pics or vids

but like you said if you cant do em on the front pegs then get sissy pegs
Yes it does allow the bike to move under you, yes it is a little different.

But the fact is, a peg on the subframe of a 50, feels akward, so you put them on the swingarm, so it feels more like a sport bike.

If you spent some time riding a 50, and not doing power wheelie flamingo's on a f2, you would understand..

edit: just curious, do you consider a peg added to the rear of a subframe on a sport bike a sissy peg?
How about hand brakes? Gearing? Basically anything that opens doors for tricks, is sissy stuff right??

Last edited by Towlieee; 09-17-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:50 PM

Yes it does allow the bike to move under you, yes it is a little different.

But the fact is, a peg on the subframe of a 50, feels akward, so you put them on the swingarm, so it feels more like a sport bike.

If you spent some time riding a 50, and not doing power wheelie flamingo's on a f2, you would understand..

ive got a ton of tricks in my bag for the lil bike....dont act like you know me lil dude try something cool like a SS podium instead of that BS you think is a real podium or a 1 hander highchair
Old 09-17-2008, 01:56 PM

ive got a ton of tricks in my bag for the lil bike....dont act like you know me lil dude try something cool like a SS podium instead of that BS you think is a real podium or a 1 hander highchair
that ***** easy

I was just posting up an example of what can be done with the stunt pegs..

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1830/1handhcil9.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9728/1handhceq9.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9862/podium2xu6.jpg

But, lets see you try a 1 hand podium on the seat! IF you can do that, RESPECT!
If not, get stunt pegs
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5909/img0465uo6.jpg

I'm not hating, just wondering why your hating on stunt pegs!
Nothign wrong with them.. They just open doors for tricks..
I can't find my ******* picture of me doing a RL circle... Thats one trick I think just about impossible on the front pegs (well probably possible, but NOT comfortable in any way shape or form)

Last edited by Towlieee; 09-17-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:57 PM

muttvette is an unknown quantity at this point

i've stunted on a honda 50 50stunted out one of those 300 dollar chinese knock off 110 fourstroke four speed clutch dirtbikes as well the 110 does react completely different but just don't clutch it and let it come up a lil slower and the carbs do alright circles are kinda weird to do on account of knobbies and the spongy springy shock but is still doable and a good challenge for balance stoppies can roll but you have to pop it up quick. Now i got a pbr st90 and it has streettires guages lights good bars etc. anywayz just putting my two cents in you don't necessarily have to do anything but change oil and plugs and go beat the bastard up! even go to skate park and mess around with it. Since i got the 110 four years ago it's had crap fall off it's engine casing backside blew out and jb welded and then finally the kickstart axle got moved sideways in the motor and seizes the motor working on it now. splitting a casing is intimidatiing. ANYWAYZ pics of all my toys are on my myspace myspace.com/muttvette
Old 09-17-2008, 02:33 PM

that ***** easy

I was just posting up an example of what can be done with the stunt pegs..

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/1830/1handhcil9.jpg
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9728/1handhceq9.jpg
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9862/podium2xu6.jpg

But, lets see you try a 1 hand podium on the seat! IF you can do that, RESPECT!
If not, get stunt pegs
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5909/img0465uo6.jpg

I'm not hating, just wondering why your hating on stunt pegs!
I can't find my ******* picture of me doing a RL circle... Thats one trick I think just about impossible on the front pegs (well probably possible, but NOT comfortable in any way shape or form)

u got me stumped on the seat podium 1 hander....ive tried 1 hander ss a couple times and almost ate **** so i think ima get that down b4 i do podiums....peg tricks just dont look cool to me and ill never get a set but im sure they do help on learning, i just choose to skip that step
Old 09-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Stunting a fiddy without pegs is seriously hindering to the number of tricks available..... not to mention combos.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

I cant do **** on the front pegs, but my buddy somehow does blindside RL O's on the front peg
Old 09-17-2008, 03:31 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

sell them and buy **** for ur 929
Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

so price wise am I better off building up my stock 50 now or purchases one of those ssr 110 dx for like 650....

I dont want to spend more than 600

I want to jump it because I have jumps I am building in my backyard....and the stock 50 can only handle so much.

what mods should I do to the cr50 to make it more jumpable????????
Old 09-17-2008, 03:51 PM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by imafrogg420

what mods should I do to the cr50 to make it more jumpable????????
forks and an I-shock w/ extended swingarm
Old 09-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by *Tanus*
forks and an I-shock w/ extended swingarm
Yea I have xr70 front fork and rear shock on it right now. but my handle bars are fucked.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:41 PM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Put some cheep-o pegs on from wal-mart. Bolted em thru the swing arm. I like popping em both ways, sitting or standing.

Never had a 50 before to play with, so it's fun either way. I can see why people say it's easier to learn throttle control on em compared to a big bike.

Still can't straighten or bend my arm all the way yet, so not taking it very seriously anyways. Just something to play on. My 929 doesn't need anything for mods anymore, so it's nice to have a little bike to romp on. Seems to work fine in 1st and 2nd, with or without the clutch.

Anyways... Fun!

- Pixel -
Old 09-21-2008, 11:46 AM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Got a fiddy.... now what?

my old 125 pitbike sucked ***, spongy forks and shock, weak power, always getting throttle lag bc of the junk *** carb...

now i rock this thing, it's rock solid, has an i shock, stiff forks, badass brakes, and a carb/ignition coil/rev box and street tires on it. my roommate kills circles and stoppies on it, i just murder mile long whoolies in 3 or 4. frame on this one is sick, and it's all rock solid.