Got a fiddy.... now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:02 AM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got a fiddy.... now what?

Actually, they're 125s.
Just picked up both bikes for 150 bucks each lol. :YEAH

2007 models, and they run for 1200 bucks new. Both run, and just need the once over.

So, I'm keeping the red one with the smaller rims, and room mate is keeping the blue one. What do I need to do to it to make it a little practice bike for our lot? Is it better/easier to wheelie the smaller tire one?

Checking over mechanically tomorrow, but this is the first little bike I've had, and have no idea what really to do to it.

Here's the stats on em:
SPECIFICATIONS
MODEL#
SLD-21H

Engine Info

Engine Size
125cc
Cooling
air cooled
Carburation
single
Ignition CDI
Starter
Kick Start/Kick+Electric Start
Drive Train

Transmission
Manual Or Auto Trans.With 4 Speed
Brakes, Rim and Tire

Front Brake
Hydraulic Disc BrakeRear Brake Hydraulic Disc BrakeFront
Tire
10 Rear Tire 10
Dimensions

Wheelbase:
42.2"
Height to Seat:
28.7"
Ground Clearance:
5.8"
Box dimensions

Carton Size
55x17x27GW/NW 169/134

So, any advice will be appreciated.

- Pixel -

Last edited by pixel 6; 09-16-2008 at 02:06 AM. Reason: stats box went funky
Old 09-16-2008, 02:04 AM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got a fiddy.... now what?

those suck to stunt
Old 09-16-2008, 02:06 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

sorry to tell you this but those suckass for stunting, but since you already have it, practice poping it up in 1st, from a dead stop w/ 1 foot on the ground and 1 foot on the brake AT ALL TIMES!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:12 AM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
those suck to stunt
Aww crappy.

Well, for 150 bucks I don't think I can be pissed lol.

Do people put pegs on the rear axle? Or should I just be doing sitdowns?

I have no problem accepting that they are sucky to stunt... but what makes em so bad? Not enough power? Engines blow up? No OMR sub cages for em?

- Pixel -
Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 AM
AZ's Finest!

*Tanus* will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pixel 6
. but what makes em so bad?
to many things to list,lol. I would drill through the swingarm and add a peg between the axel and the frame
Old 09-16-2008, 02:38 AM

ashleyrae is a decent person

Those are fun as hell to just mess around on, though. We have a blast just poppin' wheelies and just doing whatever you can think of.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Aww crappy.

I have no problem accepting that they are sucky to stunt... but what makes em so bad? Not enough power? Engines blow up? No OMR sub cages for em?

- Pixel -
i was gonna tell you to punch yourself in the face if you paid $1200 for both let alone one.

those are fun when your drunk or if you have bike trails.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:17 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

RocSteady can only hope to improve

I'll give you 250 for one

Make a hundred bucks

I'll even throw in a month's worth of BJs from Stock05 :YEAH

Can't beat that
Old 09-16-2008, 03:26 AM

ashleyrae is a decent person

Damnit. Now I want one to play around on!!! lol lucky you, you found one pretty cheap...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:31 AM
What happened to my blox?

stock05 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by RocSteady
I'll give you 250 for one

Make a hundred bucks

I'll even throw in a month's worth of BJs from Stock05 :YEAH

Can't beat that
you suck at life.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Aww crappy.

- Pixel -

I've worked on quite a few chinese crappers, and these are the most common complaints..........

Change the oil every 10 hours, no exceptions! Or you will kill that motor pretty quick.

The handlebars suck *** and bend really easy. Go pick up some Fly steel CR125 bars (low or high) better arm angles for balance and strong as ****.

Bike falls on its face when you pick it up..... Floats are too high most of the time, due to gunk buildup on the floats. Make sure they are clean, as well as the jets. The idle jet is usually too lean......

Spark plug needs replaced ASAP. Use a NGK. Also, getting a better coil is suggestable.

I've never drilled a swingarm to get a peg in there, but it sounds like an idea. I've always just welded my own pegs using steel tubing and thick washers...... and thread all through rear axle cut to length.... It looks like it might not work on that one..... But ?????? It's easier to work on when its sitting right in front of you.

The rear shock is usually too spongy. Finding another shock would help, even if it is a little shorter, that would be stiffer.

Tire(s) are a must. Knobbies do not wheelie well. Get a scooter tire for that little guy and have fun.
Front tire isn't necessary unless you are doing endos. Street tires make it a lot easier to get done.

Front forks are spongy as well. Making two 1" to 1 1/4" spacers to preload springs and stuffing them in tubes (pain in the ***), and putting thicker fork oil in there will help with stoppies. I used 90w in my 70, but I don't know if those forks will handle that (seals)

And if you weigh more than 200 pounds, they will not last! Those things sell for 300 each all day long on craigslist..... they will sell quick at that price too...... fix em up, sell them, and you'll have enough to get a crf50, which is almost indestructable.0

BTW, this should've been put in the fiddy section. Not busting any *****.

Last edited by malott442; 09-16-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:01 PM

TL MILLER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by malott442
I've worked on quite a few chinese crappers, and these are the most common complaints..........

Change the oil every 10 hours, no exceptions! Or you will kill that motor pretty quick.

The handlebars suck *** and bend really easy. Go pick up some Fly steel CR125 bars (low or high) better arm angles for balance and strong as ****.

Bike falls on its face when you pick it up..... Floats are too high most of the time, due to gunk buildup on the floats. Make sure they are clean, as well as the jets. The idle jet is usually too lean......

Spark plug needs replaced ASAP. Use a NGK. Also, getting a better coil is suggestable.

I've never drilled a swingarm to get a peg in there, but it sounds like an idea. I've always just welded my own pegs using steel tubing and thick washers...... and thread all through rear axle cut to length.... It looks like it might not work on that one..... But ?????? It's easier to work on when its sitting right in front of you.

The rear shock is usually too spongy. Finding another shock would help, even if it is a little shorter, that would be stiffer.

Tire(s) are a must. Knobbies do not wheelie well. Get a scooter tire for that little guy and have fun.
Front tire isn't necessary unless you are doing endos. Street tires make it a lot easier to get done.

Front forks are spongy as well. Making two 1" to 1 1/4" spacers to preload springs and stuffing them in tubes (pain in the ***), and putting thicker fork oil in there will help with stoppies. I used 90w in my 70, but I don't know if those forks will handle that (seals)

And if you weigh more than 200 pounds, they will not last! Those things sell for 300 each all day long on craigslist..... they will sell quick at that price too...... fix em up, sell them, and you'll have enough to get a crf50, which is almost indestructable.0

BTW, this should've been put in the fiddy section. Not busting any *****.

**** all that ****. drive it off a cliff ... take it as a loss and buy a honda
Old 09-16-2008, 01:37 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

There is nothing wrong with stunting them.. They just can't handle a lot of abuse!

Sure they are a LITTLE harder then stunting a honda 50 stock, but they are still childs play, and simple to stunt!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:16 PM
Say what again!

malott442 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Towlieee
There is nothing wrong with stunting them.. They just can't handle a lot of abuse!

Sure they are a LITTLE harder then stunting a honda 50 stock, but they are still childs play, and simple to stunt!

+1 fun as hell, can be used as chase camera vehicle, tow vehicle, beer/soda fetcher, and when dicking around they do 40mph...... I personally have a lot of fun with them when I have one in.....
Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ashleyrae
Damnit. Now I want one to play around on!!! lol lucky you, you found one pretty cheap...
whoah whoah whoah wait a minute.....ashley, when did you get to stuntlife?
Old 09-16-2008, 02:41 PM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

i abuse the **** outa my chinese 110 stunter for 5 years now
Old 09-16-2008, 03:09 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by I_throw_nickels
i abuse the **** outa my chinese 110 stunter for 5 years now
thats just luck, or you not REALLY abusing it
(or you having one of the FEW good chinese bikes)

some are good, most are junk..

Try this, warm your bike up, hold the throttle wide open for a full minute.. Engine still running good?

My honda has held up to some ABUSE.. 88cc race head kit, and I run it HARD

Hell Troy up in omaha ran his honda 50 out of oil, and heat-locked it, THREE TIMES.. Then he added oil, and rides it to this day!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:39 PM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

thats just luck, or you not REALLY abusing it
(or you having one of the FEW good chinese bikes)

some are good, most are junk..

Try this, warm your bike up, hold the throttle wide open for a full minute.. Engine still running good?

My honda has held up to some ABUSE.. 88cc race head kit, and I run it HARD

Hell Troy up in omaha ran his honda 50 out of oil, and heat-locked it, THREE TIMES.. Then he added oil, and rides it to this day!

yea lemme go do that right now... ....im not gonna get into a stupid debate on who abuses there lil stunter more but i know i def run the **** outa my 110 and it stll runs good
Old 09-16-2008, 03:47 PM
I Have Too Much Free Time

Zuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant futureZuki750 has a brilliant future

Hondas are super tough. Teach ran a full lap around the 50 track without oil. Filled her up and she kept on running. I think it was Jay from VO that has seized his 2 or 3 times.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 PM

Sikgixxer750 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
whoah whoah whoah wait a minute.....ashley, when did you get to stuntlife?
+1

Quick Reply: Got a fiddy.... now what?