Started repainting my F4i again...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 10:03 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold
Started repainting my F4i again...

I just couldn't leve well enough alone!! LOL
I was sick of the five minute job I did on my bike and I decided to invest about $50. in making it a little more personalized. I was sick of how it looked like everyone elses bike now and before me!

It's not by any means the most bangin paint job with House of Kolor Candy painted this, and expensive chrome or powdercoated that...
Just an honest poor man's stab at takin lemons and makin lemonade.... Isn't going to make me any better of a rider, just havin fun doin what I want to do....

Here's what I had before, built it from a totalled bike to this state, rides well, and looked like every other one you see....
Name:  practicebike.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  150.9 KB
I wasn't unhappy with that by any means either... just wanted to change it closer to how I may do it if I were to actually dump the money on it.
could it be foreshadowing what my gixxer will look like eventually??? Hmmmmmmm Who knows?..LOL
I'm working on the rest of the plastics actually right now, so more pics to come....

But anyhow, here's the start looks like so far.
A gunmetal color on the frame and swingarm... gold on the wheels and forks... and then the cholor scheme on the acerbis and fender will give you the idea the direction I'm goin... Name:  HPIM4563.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  155.8 KB
Name:  HPIM4522.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  79.0 KB
Name:  HPIM4520.jpg
Size:  155.1 KB
Name:  HPIM4532.jpg
Size:  136.0 KB
Like I said.. I'm working on the side fairings now and the tailsection... tank is leaking so it'll have to wait a minute, but I'm goin with tribal flames in that cream color with black outlines over that copper color on the plastics...

What do ya'll think?
Old 08-16-2008, 10:06 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Started repainting my F4i again...

Lookin' good.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:20 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to bad so far.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:24 PM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

That acerbis headlight looks mean!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:35 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys! I just got done laying down the orange on the undertail and the base on the top part of the tail... as soon as the base dries I should be taping off the first set of flames!!:YEAH

Nothing more fun that drinking by yourself (my wife doesn't count as another person anymore! LOL)... and painting your bike on your 34th birthday!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:44 PM

kylenv is a decent person

right on! its fun to get out there and tinker on your ****.... looks really cool so far. happy b-day
Old 08-16-2008, 10:50 PM

mnfire is a decent person

did you just use rattle can paint on the frame? cuz i wanna paint mine but i thought it not being power coated might be to vulneralbe to scratches and what not?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:39 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

damn man I made a post here, but it disappeared

Bike is looking dope man! I need you to paint my ****!

I was planning on hitting you up today, but last night I put my f4i down on the street and I'm too sore to ride

oh ya, happy birthday man!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 PM

sitdownsteve is an unknown quantity at this point

i like gold:YEAH
Old 08-17-2008, 12:01 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

badass!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 12:23 AM
Gg no Re K ThX

Blitzburgh is a decent person

thats pretty sick man.

what color is the rims supposed to do it looks like copper or a really redish gold.

i wanted to do my rims that gold on the subaru impreza wrx sti rims but i cant find that in a can any where and by no means am i paying 100 or more for a of can of car paint to spray em' cause im not sure if i like the time attack style on the stock rims.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 AM

Trachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant futureTrachito has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HellzRook
thats pretty sick man.

what color is the rims supposed to do it looks like copper or a really redish gold.

i wanted to do my rims that gold on the subaru impreza wrx sti rims but i cant find that in a can any where and by no means am i paying 100 or more for a of can of car paint to spray em' cause im not sure if i like the time attack style on the stock rims.
an auto paint supplier could possibly match it very closely. they'll be cheaper than the dealer too. it won't come in a rattle can though, if thats what ur lookin for.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:12 AM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Looks sick. I wanna paint my bike but its never gonna happen I dont have the patience for all the prep work you gotta put into that ****.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:40 AM
Yea...I got that!

Reckless01 is a decent person

Lookin pimp so far. I dig the stripe! I think I'm gonna redo mine!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Gg no Re K ThX

Blitzburgh is a decent person

Originally Posted by Trachito
an auto paint supplier could possibly match it very closely. they'll be cheaper than the dealer too. it won't come in a rattle can though, if thats what ur lookin for.

yea, its not that i cant find the paint. my father owns a autobody so i can get the paint, its just its still not cheep its like for a quart of it is like $160
cause its a special paint and i need to use it in a paint gun and i really dont want to do all the prep work on it. ive been tryn to get the damn thing legal and that i dont even know how ive had the diligence to do.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:11 AM
www.Xtreme-Stunts.com

Xtreme-Stunts is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice color combo. I really like the way it looks!
Old 08-17-2008, 04:41 AM
JD
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

JD is a decent person

hell yah man lookin good!
Old 08-17-2008, 08:46 AM

melloyello is an unknown quantity at this point

that ****'s gonna be hot. Can't wait to see the finished product. I really like that Acerbis headlight.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:05 AM
hunts and stunts

Originally Posted by Towlieee
damn man I made a post here, but it disappeared
Bike is looking dope man! I need you to paint my ****!
I was planning on hitting you up today, but last night I put my f4i down on the street and I'm too sore to ride
oh ya, happy birthday man!

Thanks bro... are you OK?
What did you do now... wrecked riding street? bummer.
Hit me up anytime...
Originally Posted by sitdownsteve
i like gold:YEAH
I see that... haha. Your bike looks good bro...
Dillen said my forks looked gay painted gold cuz they are still not USD forks!! I didn't think so. I like gold too. In fact, when I get a new front end I'm going to look for gold forks!! LOL

Thanks to everyone that commented... I'll show ya'll the paint I used and all of that good stuff here later this evening when I can post up pics of some more progress...
I passed out earlier than I planned last night! One of the reasons I don't drink (that I'm feeling now) can be summed up with two smileys.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Group Moderator

StrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for repStrictlyStunt User spends way too much time asking for rep

looks good....nice subcage

Quick Reply: Started repainting my F4i again...