what size are dan jacksons wheels and tires?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 05:48 PM

skidmark is a decent person
Re: what size are dan jacksons wheels and tires?

backspacing is a bitch on rams. best bet is to get the same backspacing as the stock wheels, and if you want em sticking out of the wheel wells get some adaptor/spacers.

Do yourself a favor, don't get those gucci useless show wheels. Get some real offroad rims/tires and go have some fun in the mud!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	211288   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Views:	22
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	211289  
Old 07-02-2008, 05:50 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by skidmark
backspacing is a bitch on rams. best bet is to get the same backspacing as the stock wheels, and if you want em sticking out of the wheel wells get some adaptor/spacers.

Do yourself a favor, don't get those gucci useless show wheels. Get some real offroad rims/tires and go have some fun in the mud!

I've got those adapters on my truck
Old 07-02-2008, 05:56 PM

y2kmk is an unknown quantity at this point

35/12.5/20 toyo open country MT's... sickly superb tire.

Dodge trannies are junk. a few clicks under 40k and mines already showing signs of wear. Warranty til 76k, but you know damn well they're gonna tell me to get fucked.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:14 PM

fatboystuntz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
Here is my f250, 20's on 38's
i was gonna ask you if that was ur truck you had at xdl...love it
Old 07-02-2008, 06:15 PM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by y2kmk
35/12.5/20 toyo open country MT's... sickly superb tire.

Dodge trannies are junk. a few clicks under 40k and mines already showing signs of wear. Warranty til 76k, but you know damn well they're gonna tell me to get fucked.

I don't even know the point of warranties. My truck is no longer under warranty, but when it was they basically told me to get fucked about every issue I ever brought up.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by nags
I don't even know the point of warranties. My truck is no longer under warranty, but when it was they basically told me to get fucked about every issue I ever brought up.
Yup. I got my window motors greased (lol) and they said they looked at the tranny, couldn't duplicate the problem. bullshit.. drive it up that ******* hill without tow/haul on and you'll see what im talking about.

**** Daimler Chrysler, and most importantly the transmission manuf.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:57 PM

rockstarbilly is a decent person

is the problem with all rams? i got mine its a 2000 5.9 as shown in the pec rear wheel drive. dont ever do towing pulling or offroading will this prolem be as comman?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by billy da kid
is the problem with all rams? i got mine its a 2000 5.9 as shown in the pec rear wheel drive. dont ever do towing pulling or offroading will this prolem be as comman?
Start adding a bunch of rotating mass (larger and heavier wheels, followed by larger and heavier tires) and the transmission has to work that much harder to lug forward. Without regearing (you probably have 3.73's..) you'll surely lose mileage and acceleration.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by scott3824
At least your's is 4x2

Best thing to do is get a dp tuner with the 80hp econo tune as one of the tunes. Also run 1 oz of 2 stroke oil per gallon of diesel - most everyone (including myself) on powerstroke nation is seeing a solid 1 -2 mpg increase with the 2stroke oil ..... Niner has the 7.3L like I do, with a dp tuner and the oil I think he is at 20 mpg
I have a brians truck shop 80HP tune. 21-23MPG highway. 4.5" Donnahoe racing lift with 35's.

Last edited by NINER; 07-03-2008 at 03:19 PM.