Fuck Vortex!!! Hai Rules All!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 PM

JohnnyP is a decent person
Re: Way to go HAI !

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
This order was for Chan Park correct? At the time of his order Geared was going out of business, and failed to tell us in a timely fashion. We had at least 20 sprockets on order from them that we had to refund or replace with something else. He had an odd size for Vortex (I am sure they didn't want to run the machines for 1 order) and it was a hardcoat, so thats why they dragged there feet I guess? Then they sent us the wrong one....blah blah blah. We could come up with a million excuses, bottom line, we didn't do it intentionally, and tried to make it up to him the best we could. Everytime we talked with him on the phone he seemed cool. If he was upset and wanted a refund, all he had to do was ask!
Yeah thats the guy, and hes a little strange so Im sure there was some confusion on his part aswell...I dont think he understood about the odd size, because the guy that was actually paying for the stuff would have settled for a slighlty different size if it meant it would be faster then 6 months.. All he really wanted was a big sprocket for an 600RR in 520 that was black, didnt matter if it was steel, aluminum, holes, stars, etc etc....Even if he was mad I dont think youd know it, just by the tone of his voice cause its always the same..LOL

I still think Vortex is BS, and takes too long even for custom sprockets. If it takes that long I think they should stop offering them alltogether....ANd it kinda doesnt make sense that he got one in 4 months and then the 2nd after 6...They were both the exact same so wouldnt they make them at the same time

And I think they play favorites too, cause Weee got her custom CHIC RIDERS sprocket in like 2 weeks...
Name:  CRvortex.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  110.4 KB

Anyways I appreciate the explanation! Id still like to know what other sprocket options you offer besides Vortex now that GS is out of business....

Last edited by JohnnyP; 07-02-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future3824 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SEAN_PARRISH10
Vortex Sux... Geared Steel.is The Way To Go .
Geared is no longer in business. But Sick Innovations is making some killer sprockets now.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:44 PM
*Rockstar*

vertical_joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Yeah thats the guy, and hes a little strange so Im sure there was some confusion on his part aswell...I dont think he understood about the odd size, because the guy that was actually paying for the stuff would have settled for a slighlty different size if it meant it would be faster then 6 months.. All he really wanted was a big sprocket for an 600RR in 520 that was black, didnt matter if it was steel, aluminum, holes, stars, etc etc....

I still think Vortex is BS, and takes too long even for custom sprockets. If it takes that long I think they should stop offering them alltogether....

And I think they play favorites too, cause Weee got her custom CHIC RIDERS sprocket in like 2 weeks...

Anyways I appreciate the explanation! Id still like to know what other sprocket options you offer besides Vortex now that GS is out of business....

Yeah, we offered him some other sizes, but he said he wanted the one he ordered. We usually offer other options if they are available....but anyway, we do what we can and we are usually good at being honest......but oh well, can't win em' all!
Old 07-02-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by vertical_joe
Yeah, we offered him some other sizes, but he said he wanted the one he ordered. We usually offer other options if they are available....but anyway, we do what we can and we are usually good at being honest......but oh well, can't win em' all!
There is still some confusion about this "offered him some other sizes" bit...Cause he originally orderd 56 but he got 54's, cause just like you said he settled for a size you guys suggested would be faster to get...So he did try to get what was available and it still took too long, but I think that really had to do with them being black not the size...

That doesnt matter anymore though, the bottom line is we now know not to order Vortex anymore..Unless its in stock....
Old 07-02-2008, 03:41 PM

da Liks is a decent person

Originally Posted by DURTY-636
if you are selling **** to people you are a business
i understand your point, but i dont think its the same thing though..
anyway i wanna do some stoppies:YEAH
Old 07-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Guru is a decent person

subframe......

i have done dealings with both hai and johnny... both are good peeps!!!

sucks it took 6 months but most small companies dont have alll the items in stock... they drop ship......

sucks vortex took so long.....
Old 07-02-2008, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Guru
subframe......

i have done dealings with both hai and johnny... both are good peeps!!!

sucks it took 6 months but most small companies dont have alll the items in stock... they drop ship......

sucks vortex took so long.....
Yes and I now want to change the title of this thread to "**** YOU VORTEX!"
Old 07-02-2008, 04:10 PM

-matt g- is an unknown quantity at this point

ive ordered a bunch of stuff from them.. never had a problem.. always have my parts within like 3-4 days
Old 07-02-2008, 04:47 PM
www.myspace.com/weeee420

nina weee will become famous soon enoughnina weee will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by DURTY
16 for me, i started selling rocks on all my blocks!!! true story.....im legit now!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 05:24 PM

zxcraig is a decent person

did i miss the show??
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 PM

Shake is an unknown quantity at this point

Took 6 weeks to get my cage from hai. my bike went down the weekend b4 it finally came in. So i had a crispy cage and a fuked up bike! so i guess SI needs to be blamed too!

neway i got a 59T vortex and a 50T custom for honda f4i's 600rr's if neone interested.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:52 PM

Tony L can only hope to improve

In HAI's Defense They are a great small co. and have been killing it for years sometimes **** happens and I know from first hand experience there a new kid working a vortex that muffed up my order as well so don't stress I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding.

The boys at HAI are good peeps
Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 PM

ownage is an unknown quantity at this point

so you made a thread to bash a shops name, and when they speak forward and explain the situation, the truth comes out and you give start apologizing... **** off.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

DURTY has a spectacular aura aboutDURTY has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by nina weee

ur amazing, u dont post for ever and the minute i mention something to do with DRUGS ur right there!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:13 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

When I first opened this thread I expected it to be props for being so great. But it was this mess, so I kept quiet until it blew over.

Now I can say it, Yay for Tice and Joe, they are awesome. Call them, buy stuff, and be nice. They kick ***.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 AM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

i once left a brand new BMW at the vortex office for 6 months waiting for a sprocket to be made. i then went and got my bike out of vortex without so much as anything being done to it...besides being covered in metal dust and having a bolt stripped.

sweet deal.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:29 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person

I talk to chan quite regularly and he seemed to have no problem, we offered alternatives but none were taken. He wanted black and nothing else. Vortex does not keep a lot of HARDCOAT (not to be confused with the Cat5) in stock. He ordered a 55 tooth from geared. Vortex will not Hardcoat anything over 54, he was informed of this and said he needed black. We ordered 2 sprockets 251AK-54 to be exact, Vortex told us minimum of 4 weeks. We recieved one and vortex claimed a second one was never ordered. We ship one and reorder another one at 4 weeks and inform chan. Everythings cool, he asks for a EZ pull. We give him EZ pull. Mark our boss calls Vortex a week and a half ago after chan emails him. Vortex tells us that they got our 2 Hardcoat sprockets in and they have been sitting on the wall for a week cause no one knows whos sprocket it is. Vortex ships sprocket to us and we ship it to Chan. Now we have an extra special order sprocket cause Vortex screwed up.

Chan was never impatient twards me on the phone or in his emails. We explained other options and none were taken. We did as per customer requested.

If he had a problem then he should have explained it better to chan or called us direct. We would have had no problem refunding his money or finding an alternative. Joe and I are competitive stunt riders and understand the situation of having to wait on parts and not ride. This is something that we would never do intentionally.

Sorry your friend is upset and if he would contact us we would have no problems making things right. I have personally sent Chan several shirts and stickers because of shipping delays.

Also for any non american order, we are forced to wait until all parts are in before we can ship an order. Our customers do not want to pay multiple internation shipping fees top have there orders shipped as parts come in. We covered over $40 dollars in extra shipping just to get the sprockets to them as they came in and never asked for money. We knew that was our responsibility as we are the middle man helping customers to get their parts direct from manufactors.

Thanks,
Tice
407-447-1176
www.HAIbikeshop.com
Old 07-03-2008, 11:14 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

i hope this doesnt happen to me...i just orderd a 60 vortex from HAI and a two brothers pipe and some other **** but those two were the ones that were going to take a week or two...i hope it dont turn into 6 months lol....
Old 07-03-2008, 11:52 AM
www.stuntbikestore.com

SBS Pez is a decent person

Bit of a thread jack but...

I will only have stuff on my site if its in stock or clearly stated period.

Retailing is having stock to sell.. some UK lads went to HAI when they came to watch stunt wars and they had no stock for there needs (which were wide) so I started stuntbikestore.com so people in europe can get parts quick (uk 24hrs europe 48-72hrs) from stock. We dont use vortex as we get our own sprockets made but sick does take its time to come so only gets listed when its here

A small icon to say if its a stock item or not would surelly help
Old 07-03-2008, 12:01 PM

Afflicted is an unknown quantity at this point

the only downfall to having sprockets in stock is that you are not going to need 95% of them

there are so many different bikes out there that people run, and not everyone is going to be watning the same size sprocket

HAI offers from 40tooth to 74tooth

so for one year and model of bike thats 34 sprockets, then there are different models so kawi, honda, suzuki, and yamaha so thats already 136 sprockets, not to mention they would have to carry 34 sprockets for EACH type of bike that brand makes and then theres different pitches so that even makes more sprockets to carry, and what if someone wants theres in a different color like the guy in this thread that ordered his? then you have to special order it anyone so your in-stock sprockets wouldnt even matter 'cause you would have to order it

so it turns it would not be beneficial or realistic to carry that many sprockets when you know you wouldnt even sell half of them, i dont know many motorcycle shops around here that even carry parts in-stock that you could just walk up to and buy, you would end up in so much debt with on-sold products that know one wants

edit: you wanna get mad at someone get mad at the brand you bought, not the buisness you bought it through, they are just tryin to make a living and not **** people over, because if they intentionally **** over people, they are going to lose reputation and buisness

Last edited by Afflicted; 07-03-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Fuck Vortex!!! Hai Rules All!!