Disslocated knee...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:46 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Disslocated knee...

since this wasnt a complete dislocation (because if it was surgery would most likely be needing and intense...unless you got some freaky gumby flexible body!), and depending on the direction of the dislocation, you may or may not have partially or completely torn your ACL. With lesser partial tears they're doing less and less surgery, and more rehab and PT to try to make a more functional scar. Typically when you damage your ACL its from a lateral to medial impact or twisting(makes your knee bow in towards your other knee) and will involve the other 2 ligaments of the "unhappy triad", the MCL and the medial meniscus. I got somewhat lucky and only tore up my medial meniscus, so I got popping, and sometimes it will lock a lil bit, but surgery wasn't required and I'm 95% on it.

KJ: Keep in mind too....after surgery, a 90% recovery is considered a 100% success, so even if you feel you recovered 100%....if you could possibly experience your knee then and now you would notice a difference in your leg strength, range of motion, and weight bearing abilities. For you surgery may have been the best option and you achieved maximum recovery...but depending on the mechanism of injury he may have torn/stretched other ligaments/tendons and surgery may not be the best option.

I use the EVS brace on my right knee if trying somin new, or it feels a lil unstable and I like it....was pricey tho!

alicia.....shoulders are more damaged in most dislocations since its primarily a soft tissue "floating" joint....knees and other osseous joints can at least be reset, rehabbed, and all that. Ur shoulder will be a work in progress for life. be prepared for some sclerosis and arthritis in that shoulder by the time you hit 40 or so.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Johnf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kj
The pain will go away quick, but the knee isn't gonna heal...... ever.

Ligament damage is permanent. They don't grow back. And I'd bet my bike that you tore your ACL. It's the most common injury.

You probably tore it a lil bit way back in the day... and now you've tore it completely.

I'd get an xray, then mri, then get the operation. I did a little over a year ago and my knee is 100% back to normal (although it does make some funny sounds every now and then).
same here,,, i went a year poping in and out,,, till i got sergery,, ACL all day,,, i didnt need a MRI,, the doc said it was one of the worsted ones he had seen,,,, im 7 mounths and its starting to get pretty strong,,,, def get it look at man i wasted a year thinking it might heal,,,,,
Old 07-03-2008, 01:49 PM
u been huffin?

f4ibry is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear bud... go ahead and roll ur bike down to sac and ill take care of it 4 u haha!!
heal up! stay medicated
Old 07-03-2008, 01:51 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Well, I do gotta say that the last time this happened(about 7 yrs ago), it took about 4 weeks to recover, and honestly, I've been at 100% ever since. This dislocation that happened last week doesn't seem to be even as severe as last time, so I'm hoping it will heal the same. It happened 5 days ago, and the swelling has almost subsided, and I can almost walk normal, already. It's feeling pretty damn good.....SO.....I sure do hope you're wrong, KJ!! History of injuries to this knee.....1) Dislocated and hyperextended at age 17... 2) Dislocated at age 21... 3) Dislocated at age 24...... THEN lots of PT and rehab... 4) Dislocated last week at age 31......AND just so everyone knows... the knee has never stayed dislocated, it just pops to the side and back, in a fraction of a second.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by f4ibry
sorry to hear bud... go ahead and roll ur bike down to sac and ill take care of it 4 u haha!!
heal up! stay medicated
LOL......yeah, nice try, bro! I'll be over there ridin w/ you guys in no time(hopefully)! Medication all day, bro!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:37 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Thanks, bro. It's the game we play.....should only be a few weeks...hopefully.
Word up - its all part of the game It'll give me some time to catch up to you anyway. :YEAHFeel better tho fo real.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Word up - its all part of the game It'll give me some time to catch up to you anyway. :YEAHFeel better tho fo real.
Thanks, Neal.