Disslocated knee...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:22 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about
Disslocated knee...

Got told by a friend that's much more skilled than myself that I had my SS's dialed in to the point that it was time to try O's. Sooo...I gave it several attempts......almost got a full O.....then jumped off, bike twisted on the bar, came down, idle caught, edge of the exhaust caught my knee.....POP...POP...knee disslocated and popped back in. This is my 4th time disslocating it. Hasn't happened in about 7 years. Soooo.....I'm out for about a month.....****! Anybody see the Waaaaambulance......I might as well apply for a driving position...LOL.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:28 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep
Re: Disslocated knee...

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Got told by a friend that's much more skilled than myself that I had my SS's dialed in to the point that it was time to try O's. Sooo...I gave it several attempts......almost got a full O.....then jumped off, bike twisted on the bar, came down, idle caught, edge of the exhaust caught my knee.....POP...POP...knee disslocated and popped back in. This is my 4th time disslocating it. Hasn't happened in about 7 years. Soooo.....I'm out for about a month.....****! Anybody see the Waaaaambulance......I might as well apply for a driving position...LOL.
that sucks man , i got a friend who's knee pops out all the time he needs to get it operated on to tighten every thing back up but he doesn't have insurance ...

hope you get better soon
Old 07-01-2008, 04:32 PM

Righteous 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRighteous 1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Rog. Hope mine doesn't start being a frequent thing.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the more often it happens the easier it happens....i hyperextended my knee once but then i went on a 6 month road trip so most of the time i was sitting and it healed up good as new but had i not been doing so much driving and just kept riding it probably wouldn't be as good as it is now
Old 07-01-2008, 04:36 PM

Unknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to beholdUnknown_Tom is a splendid one to behold

That's the worst dude, hope ya heal up quick dude.
Old 07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

ah that sucks man.. Good job on 1 ss circ
Old 07-01-2008, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by old man roger
the more often it happens the easier it happens....i hyperextended my knee once but then i went on a 6 month road trip so most of the time i was sitting and it healed up good as new but had i not been doing so much driving and just kept riding it probably wouldn't be as good as it is now
Yeah.....i'm gonna have to take it easy the rest of the season.....already planning on that. I'll probably focus on my sitdowns......keep working on getting no-handers. I'll probably wait a while on the O's......we'll see...LOL. I'm hoping that since its been about 7 years since it last happened, and since it felt 100%......maybe it'll heal up nice....I hope!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
ah that sucks man.. Good job on 1 ss circ
Thanks, bro. I was startin to feel it!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by djtomd
That's the worst dude, hope ya heal up quick dude.
Thanks. Me too!
Old 07-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Righteous 1
Thanks, bro. I was startin to feel it!
y eah i don't know why I can't get passed 1. I can do 1 on idle basically but after that no mas
Old 07-01-2008, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by T-Dubby
y eah i don't know why I can't get passed 1. I can do 1 on idle basically but after that no mas
LOL....I've been watching your clips......You're gonna get 'em soon, bro! I bet you'll have multiples by the end of the year.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 PM
NealFoReal

OnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for repOnEWhEeLNEAL User spends way too much time asking for rep

Dam bro. Sorry to hear that. Especially since its summertime when the hoes be out yo Heal up quick bro.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:38 AM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

ice it til the inflammation goes down....then PT, rehab, and bracing when riding (cause we all know you wont stop....and dont blame you either!)

surgery is permanent, and often can be avoided with proper conservative care that can give you better results in the long run....just takes more time, effort and patience.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by OnEWhEeLNEAL
Dam bro. Sorry to hear that. Especially since its summertime when the hoes be out yo Heal up quick bro.
Thanks, bro. It's the game we play.....should only be a few weeks...hopefully.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by eazenutz33
ice it til the inflammation goes down....then PT, rehab, and bracing when riding (cause we all know you wont stop....and dont blame you either!)

surgery is permanent, and often can be avoided with proper conservative care that can give you better results in the long run....just takes more time, effort and patience.
All good advice......thanks, bro. Been looking at braces.....do you have any recomendations? I'm looking at the EVS Web, and the PODmx at the moment. Stop stunting.........ha ha.....you KNOW that ain't happenin! LOL
Old 07-02-2008, 04:50 PM

hughes_097 is a decent person

that must hurt like son bitch
Old 07-02-2008, 04:54 PM

alicia417 is a decent person

damn that's gotta hurt. i dislocated my shoulder 5 years ago racing mx and it still pops out like once every 2 months cause i didn't take care of it properly a knee sounds like it would hurt more than a shoulder tho..
Old 07-02-2008, 04:59 PM

phxRRkid will become famous soon enough

damn, that sucks man. hope you heal up soon.....
Old 07-02-2008, 05:09 PM

Thanks guys(and girls)! Yes, it sucks. Gotta say the pain doesn't effect me as much as NOT RIDING.......I WANNA RIDE!
Old 07-03-2008, 10:53 AM
kj

kj is an unknown quantity at this point

The pain will go away quick, but the knee isn't gonna heal...... ever.

Ligament damage is permanent. They don't grow back. And I'd bet my bike that you tore your ACL. It's the most common injury.

You probably tore it a lil bit way back in the day... and now you've tore it completely.

I'd get an xray, then mri, then get the operation. I did a little over a year ago and my knee is 100% back to normal (although it does make some funny sounds every now and then).

Quick Reply: Disslocated knee...