Quick question.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:35 PM

xemoneyx is a decent person
Quick question.....

So one thing i want to know is who has had problems with the FI cages and what was the problem????
Old 05-06-2008, 02:43 PM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Quick question.....

Originally Posted by xemoneyx
So one thing i want to know is who has had problems with the FI cages and what was the problem????
Personally, I've never had any problems with my FI cage... but I have an F4i and FI cages are diesel on F4i's. But, unfortunately, they rip out motor mount bolts, crack stator covers, and the bike tends to fall onto it's clip-ons.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:54 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

and on an r6 you can't afford to damage a motor mount because of where it is on an r6
Old 05-06-2008, 05:08 PM

well the guys at FI dont seem to think that they do

Originally Posted by Mr. Farley
Personally, I've never had any problems with my FI cage... but I have an F4i and FI cages are diesel on F4i's. But, unfortunately, they rip out motor mount bolts, crack stator covers, and the bike tends to fall onto it's clip-ons.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:17 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

well the guys at fi are selling them so they are not gonna tell you about all the broken stator covers and ripped out motor mounts
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 PM

haha true that
Old 05-06-2008, 07:05 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Name:  hpim35022.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  151.8 KB

Name:  hpim35012.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  119.6 KB

3 crashes, 3 seperate days, from idle or the bar on the left side and my frame is cracked....

NEXT....
Old 05-06-2008, 07:09 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

One of us has one on an 05 636. The "slider" looking piece that bolts to the motor, has broken its weld several times.

Junk cages in my opinion. SI has held up great for the rest of us.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:19 PM

Josh Faught is an unknown quantity at this point

I broke my frame with a fi cage but my bike did fly about 8 feet in the air....but im still rockin it but ive read about alot of ppl having problems with motor mounts and covers
Old 05-07-2008, 11:16 AM

well heres what the FI cage did to my bike and i called them and they said that when i got a new setup to call them....and in the mean time my motor and frame are no good
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000957.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	209254   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	209255   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment1.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	209256   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment3.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	209257   Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment4.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	209258  

Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment5.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	209259  
Old 05-07-2008, 11:26 AM

CHADf is an unknown quantity at this point

the only trouble that i've had was not keeping the cage tight. it's the best looking cage out there.IMO. easiest to get on and off. the cage has done nothing but good for my bike, and damage to the bike/cage was cause i let the cage get loose, you have to keep them tight just like other cages.
cage are made to HELP protect our bikes from normal falls,spills that we encounter while rideing the way we ride. NOT FROM LAUCHING YOUR BIKE ACROSS THE LOT!!!END over end....... i'm very happy with FI.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Retired

NINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for repNINER User spends way too much time asking for rep

The cage loop scrapes the ramp when I load and unload my bike, it scrapes if you set down a wheelie too hard and it stripped my right side motor mount .
Old 05-07-2008, 11:53 AM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by old man roger
and on an r6 you can't afford to damage a motor mount because of where it is on an r6
Originally Posted by xemoneyx
well heres what the FI cage did to my bike and i called them and they said that when i got a new setup to call them....and in the mean time my motor and frame are no good
exactly what i was talking about
Old 05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by CHADf
the only trouble that i've had was not keeping the cage tight. it's the best looking cage out there.IMO. easiest to get on and off. the cage has done nothing but good for my bike, and damage to the bike/cage was cause i let the cage get loose, you have to keep them tight just like other cages.
cage are made to HELP protect our bikes from normal falls,spills that we encounter while rideing the way we ride. NOT FROM LAUCHING YOUR BIKE ACROSS THE LOT!!!END over end....... i'm very happy with FI.

That's what I thought too, but who's talkin about across the lot?

Three crashes like this, with EACH time tightening **** back up, and your are done??? I don't think so.

It's like cuttin the tip of ur peg down on ur rearset so that it doesn't have that lone initial contact point.
I knew once it dented in the frame on the FIRST toss that it was going to give me trouble. I would rather it have spread the impact out over the rest of my bike instead of takin a center punch blow like that right on the motor mount/ frame.... I'm actually glad my frame gave some and it didn't trash the motor!

For me it was a combination of things... inexperience, cage, lame footpegs, cheap hollow cast frame, not fully takin the time to brace up my frame like I planned... I can't just blame it on the cage cuz it impressed me intially on a spreader get off on the highway.

And Roger, I'm going to have to do something else about a subby cage, sorry bro! If I get another bike, I'll hit you up. I'm sick of the pass pegs flexin in and my feet slippin off the damn pass pegs...... Look what happened!

*edit* this is not the crash that busted my frame.....

Last edited by jstuntlocke; 05-07-2008 at 02:32 PM.