636 Fork Breakage

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 06:57 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 636 Fork Breakage

Originally Posted by kevo07
so what the hells up with the fullthrottle safety sleeve set up no one is rocken that? i was going to do it to a set of forks that i have but i was looking for sum feedback on the mod.
they arent doing it anymore...
Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM

kevo07 is a decent person

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
they arent doing it anymore...
damn that sucks, so whats the interchangeability of parts from 03-04 front end to the zx10?
Old 04-24-2008, 10:08 PM

Suicidal Antics is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
the 05 06 rotors are bigger , if you were to use the 03 04 rotors with the 05 06 forks then the rotors wouldn't go all the way into the calipers because the 05 06 forks mount the claipers ten mm further away from the axle then the 03 04 forks
Gotcha. That makes sense. I appreciate a decent response. I was just tryin to understand why they were needed.

Hows the subcage biz? I hear the OMR are the best on the market
Old 04-24-2008, 10:13 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Suicidal Antics
I hear the OMR are the best on the market
you heard right... quickest shipping too... had mine in less than 48hrs
Old 04-25-2008, 01:38 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

doing good and thanks
Old 04-25-2008, 09:38 PM

The way things are looking, the 07/08 forks are just about the same price as the 05/06s......... any benefits one way or the other?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:49 PM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

The 05/06 may or may not still have problems.
The 07/08s are good I guess. Although they probly haven't been around long enough to know for sure if they break too, IMO.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:49 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

the only way to know for sure is for some one to measure the wall thickness of the tubes on all three styles but the 03 04 were kyb and the rest are made by the same company that makes honda forks so i suspect the 05 06 07 08 are gonna be ok
Old 04-26-2008, 05:27 AM

gsxr"d is a decent person

The right fork on my 07 600rr had already busted a fork seal but not the left fork. Is this common or sumtin else?
Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gsxr"d
The right fork on my 07 600rr had already busted a fork seal but not the left fork. Is this common or sumtin else?
Fork seals will blow if your slamming down your front end no matter what froks you have.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

the only way to know for sure is for some one to measure the wall thickness of the tubes on all three styles but the 03 04 were kyb and the rest are made by the same company that makes honda forks so i suspect the 05 06 07 08 are gonna be ok
I'll measure mine when I do the seals if you want

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:28 AM

kevo07 is a decent person

so what do i need to do the zx10 swap? i know i need the forks and lower triple but what else brakes,rotors,front wheel, fender?
Old 04-26-2008, 11:08 AM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 50Outlaw
i realy dont see what is so funny about that
I THINK ITS FUNNY BECAUSE DUDE DECIDED NOT TO WEAR A HELMET AND GOT ****** OWNED
Old 04-26-2008, 01:50 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by gsxr"d
both seals hardly ever go at the same time but always replace both when one leaks because they both have the same amount of miles on them
Old 04-26-2008, 01:51 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by Old Duffer
I'll measure mine when I do the seals if you want
might as well when you have it apart and then if we can find some one to measure an 03 04 set
Old 04-27-2008, 06:40 AM

gsxr"d is a decent person

both seals hardly ever go at the same time but always replace both when one leaks because they both have the same amount of miles on them
She's trickling a bit after a few wheelies but when I just compress the forks It doesn't leak as bad Whats the worst that could happen, the bike just pulls to the right side when riding or landing a wheelie or when there's no fluid left in the fork I just kiss my *** goodbye Anyways $180 bucks gone for 2 new seals installed. MEH!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:34 AM

u'd have to have serious issues to have the bike 'pull' before of a fork. Alot of MX racers run a slightly stiffer spring in one fork, than the other, so that the combined two has a stiffness that is in between spring rates of what is available.

If you ran it long enough, im sure u'd do internal damage to the forks. Personally, mine have leaked probably half a season on and off, because i changed them out with shitty aftermarket seals that lasted about 2 weeks.

The reason why yours dont leak as bad when u just push them down is because there is nowhere near the same amount of pressure as there is when the entire front half of the bike is falling down from a wheelie.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:55 AM

figs is an unknown quantity at this point

where exactly do the 04 forks break ? i've a pair stripped down on the bench and the 41 mm lower inner tube has only a .070 " thick wall .it looks weak , is this where they usually go ?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:06 AM

figs is an unknown quantity at this point

solid peg subcages do more damage then good ...folding peg subcages are the way to go because the pegs fold up in a crash ...

ya know like omr subcages
my mate has a a sickinnovation subcage with long knurled aluminium pegs fixed on his f4izzle . it looks like they would transfer the energy straight to the subframe mounts if the bike went over on it's side hard. thats why i'm rocking a OMR subcage .
Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by figs
where exactly do the 04 forks break ? i've a pair stripped down on the bench and the 41 mm lower inner tube has only a .070 " thick wall .it looks weak , is this where they usually go ?
right where the lower fork tubes go into the bottom 'caps'. The part that the axle slides through, and the calipers bolt to. This has a set screw in it, and is threaded onto the fork tube itself. Over time (and stoppies, wheelies, and who know what other abuses), they loosen up here. Over time, they fatigue the metal, and sooner or later, bad things happen

Quick Reply: 636 Fork Breakage