Help with my 07 Yam. R6 for stunting

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 01:56 AM
circles are boring....

MacDaddyBlake is a decent person
Help with my 07 Yam. R6 for stunting

Ok , so i have a 07 R6....

I can put it vert like its a joke in 1st Gear, second gear, not so much... and beyond that forget about it....... I have been clutching it up for my wheelies, some people have talked about "bouncing it up" but i havent really dabbled with that.....

ANYHOW....im taking my bike in to the shop tomorrow or monday with the intention of getting some crap changed around (sprockets etc) because i was going in to get a throttle lock anyhow, so i figured hey lets go get a little more done on her so shes ready for some good stuntin'...

SOOOO.....

any recommendations on work to be done to help my 07 R6 get a little more stunt-able?

thnx much,
mac
Old 03-03-2008, 02:05 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold
Re: Help with my 07 Yam. R6 for stunting

trade it in on a ninja 250 before you hurt yourself

Sorry i had to say it if not me then someone else would have said it
Old 03-03-2008, 02:14 AM
circles are boring....

sweet thanks.....

ive been riding FMX for 4+ years, granted I havent spent years of time stunting a sportbike, ive been on an older GSXR600 for a while and i wanted the newer bike for the power etc.......

so plz if your going to post a response about how bad *** yo uare and how everyone with a Forum Newbie handle is clueless, save ur time because ur only looking cool to your forum trollie buddies....

NOW< if you want to be cool and offer up some helpful information or a recommendation, then sweet *** and thnx .
Old 03-03-2008, 02:19 AM
WWW.Sickinnovations.com

Suicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to beholdSuicidl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MacDaddyBlake
sweet thanks.....

ive been riding FMX for 4+ years, granted I havent spent years of time stunting a sportbike, ive been on an older GSXR600 for a while and i wanted the newer bike for the power etc.......

so plz if your going to post a response about how bad *** yo uare and how everyone with a Forum Newbie handle is clueless, save ur time because ur only looking cool to your forum trollie buddies....

NOW< if you want to be cool and offer up some helpful information or a recommendation, then sweet *** and thnx .
Haha take it easy but if i were you i would keep the older gsxr to learn on because i dont care what you have been riding you are going to crash and destroy that new bike. i would get something older to learn on F4i, gsxr 600,750 older r6, or older 636 zx-6r

anyway
Old 03-03-2008, 02:38 AM
circles are boring....

i appreciate the recommendation, honestly i dont care about the new bike that much, appearance doesnt mean anyhting to me, i wanted the power N that was about it.

What im wondering is what sprocket setup everyone with an R6 is running? Ive heard -1 +2 from a friend, but he doesnt remember where he heard it from (he had an 01 R6 before he slammed into another bike very sad stuff)
Old 03-03-2008, 03:13 AM

live361 is an unknown quantity at this point

haha sweet avatar
Old 03-03-2008, 03:43 AM
circles are boring....

thnx. i rode most of our highway today in the highchair among other things, was pretty much just waiting for cops to come catch up lol. hawaii sucks like that... i envy all you guys with plenty of places to go ride N try ****, its pretty much impossible here :/
Old 03-03-2008, 04:05 AM
circles are boring....

soooo.....since im here.......

anyone here ever use a Jardine GP1 Slip On? been lookin to get rid of that damn stock exhaust :P
Old 03-03-2008, 04:19 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

Howzit? I'm on Kauai and cops caught on to these wheelies I've been practicing and I got court in a week. Gearing go alittle larger, seems the 07s a weaker on the low end I got 07zx6r and put 14/52 feels real nice so, having trouble with my new cage have spent to much time on 1 with it, my buddies got 07 r6 and I tried it great mid range and up but I'd like it more geared. I think your stock gearing is 15/45, +10 would snap it up at speed in higher gears as well as from a dead stop. You will lose top speed.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:27 AM
circles are boring....

i completely agree.....the 07 R6 is a sick sick bike, you can hear the beast come out once you hit 6K+ its like letting a beast out of the cage :P but i find the low end is just lacking as hell, the bottom range feels as fierce as my old 92 Gixxer lmao. i HEARD that the 08 R6 fixed this problem, but....i dont own one lol.

I am thinking about -1 +10 ....ive been hearing thats a pretty nice setup for the R6 stunter bike

as far as losing some top speed, im not a speed freak so much anyhow ... i have done more than my share of turns much faster than i probably should have, now i want to focus on stunting
Old 03-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Bacons Hot, Need a Spot

cjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud ofcjoec01 has much to be proud of

-1/+10 and a cage then rock the **** out of the rock, thats how
Old 03-03-2008, 05:08 AM
circles are boring....

yup , im sportin the Freestyle Ingenuity cage, took me a hot minute to get them on , asked my brother to grab me a dremmel tool for the fairing cuts, so he buys the smallest little battery powered dremmel ever made.....it was like Cut For 3 Minutes........charge for 3 hours. then rinse and repeat LMAO........

havent noticed any major differences in the twisties with the cage yet either, been hitting major turn spots on Oahu pretty damn fast and so far no scrapping. Good stuff!

Tomorrow im hoping to sneak into the bike shop N get a sprocket job done! Anyhow thanks for the recommendations and tips! :D

Mac Daddy Blake approves this thread!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 AM

-GoBLIN- is a decent person

uh... is that the highchair you rode out?

-1/+5, cut down the front fairing, and a tygershark cage is what i put on mine. homemade subframe cage. About the time i finished it all i got sent to japan so my bikes chillin in bakersfield. Mind you mines an oh6 not a 7, but big deal..
Old 03-03-2008, 08:24 AM

oh **** no... your not wearing desert digis are you? Figures some dumb boot in hawaii is gonna try and "stunt"

****** dumbass, i cant wait till your command finds out. Find a lot, and stop bullshitting. 3/3 about a year ago, one of their guys almost lost his leg cause a simoan hit him, and the cops shrugged it off. I know this sounds cliche, but dude, dont be a ******* dumbass statistic

Last edited by -GoBLIN-; 03-03-2008 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Stuntride.com

R1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of lightR1wonder is a glorious beacon of light

i recomend clutching it and learning BP before changing the gears..less touchy. might not loop

im a squid too but use the rear brake or at the very least cover it. and maybe get the f4i throttle tubing. i dont have it but i hear it helps out. i have an 07 r1. and its touchy as ****. but i eventually got it down pretty good.

seat time
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by R1Wonder
i recomend clutching it and learning BP before changing the gears..less touchy. might not loop

im a squid too but use the rear brake or at the very least cover it. and maybe get the f4i throttle tubing. i dont have it but i hear it helps out. i have an 07 r1. and its touchy as ****. but i eventually got it down pretty good.

seat time

he doesnt need seat time, as said below because he knows how to stunt just doesnt know how to make changes...?

Riding "blinged" gixxers do that to people i guess... http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...imageID=858075

whatever, its late and cold, and im in a pissy mood. So im going back to being a ghost again. fairwell.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:55 AM

Andreas is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok , so i have a 07 R6....

I can put it vert like its a joke in 1st Gear, second gear, not so much... and beyond that forget about it....... I have been clutching it up for my wheelies, some people have talked about "bouncing it up" but i havent really dabbled with that.....

ANYHOW....im taking my bike in to the shop tomorrow or monday with the intention of getting some crap changed around (sprockets etc) because i was going in to get a throttle lock anyhow, so i figured hey lets go get a little more done on her so shes ready for some good stuntin'...

SOOOO.....

any recommendations on work to be done to help my 07 R6 get a little more stunt-able?

thnx much,
mac

hey!

Read this threat
I posted some picture of the idle and the rear subfram 12 bar to the r6

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-s...-06-stunt.html
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 AM

Andreas is an unknown quantity at this point

it works man...
Old 03-03-2008, 01:09 PM

Location: a place where my car gets sideways and smokes everytime i touch the pedal.
SYTFU_R6 is a decent person

lmao, dumb *** wants to gear it to do 3rd gear powesians!!!

if you got bp on lock in first, then dont worry about it. and if you are good enough, you should have the timing to get it vert in 2nd gear... why do you need 3rd etc.

and get off the ****** tank if you arent gonna lift that bitch. go to the range with a barret .50 if you wanna sit like that.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 PM

Herb is an unknown quantity at this point

thnx. i rode most of our highway today in the highchair among other things, was pretty much just waiting for cops to come catch up Because I am Soo GAY! lol. :/

Quick Reply: Help with my 07 Yam. R6 for stunting