Idle Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 AM

HallFace929 is a decent person
Idle Info

So i've been sitting here for the past few hours in search, reading about messin with the idle. And im getting lil bits of info here and there but its hard to put it all together. THIS IS A SQUID QUESTION SO ALL PROS AND INTERNET GANGSTERS GET READY TO BASH!!! (I just hope I get some info here and there in the bashing). I just wanna know everything about the idle. What is the reason for turning it up? Is it better to add a 2nd idle screw from a 900rr (I own a 01 f4i) and why. Any and all reasons and info.

When I do work on my bikes, I like knowing every reason why im doing what im doing. So basically what im looking for is a whole How to and why.

Thanks in advance,
Anthony
Old 03-03-2008, 12:07 AM

apfire26 will become famous soon enough
Re: Idle Info

I can't give you a how to but.........turning the idle up helps the bike pull harder while going slow. I like to turn mine up for no handers.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:14 AM

Right on, im lookin for how tos on any mods with it, im not a complete ***** bag, I know the whole lefty loosey righty tighty deal.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:21 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by HallFace929
So i've been sitting here for the past few hours in search, reading about messin with the idle. And im getting lil bits of info here and there but its hard to put it all together. THIS IS A SQUID QUESTION SO ALL PROS AND INTERNET GANGSTERS GET READY TO BASH!!! (I just hope I get some info here and there in the bashing). I just wanna know everything about the idle. What is the reason for turning it up? Is it better to add a 2nd idle screw from a 900rr (I own a 01 f4i) and why. Any and all reasons and info.

When I do work on my bikes, I like knowing every reason why im doing what im doing. So basically what im looking for is a whole How to and why.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony
the 2nd idle on the f4i is because the stock idle adjust is actually adjust the fuel/air mix in the wax unit so when you turn it up its actually cutting out some air. that can make the bike have problems bogging and running rich, sorta like running a carbed bike with the choke on. also ur very limited on how high u can turn the stock idle up. so a 2nd adjuster is added that actually opens the throttble bodies like the throttle cable does, youll have to find some pics that show u which screw it is u have to replace cuz its sorta hard to explain it. ive used every cable u can use on an f4i and the f2/f3 cable is the longest, any will work, but if you have your choice if ordering that is the longest. idle is turned up so u dont have to use as much hand throttle input when doing wheelies at 5-10mph. using the throttle at that slow of a speed can be very jumpy and sloppy especially for noob stunters, its also a must for no handers and helps immensley with doing circle wheelies as instead of cracking open the throttle constantly you can have the idle up to 3k or so rpms and just tap the brake and only use throttle when u really need to. how high you want to run your idle is dependant upon alot of things and theres no perfect answer, you gotta get in the lot and figure what works best for you, ppl run from 1800 all the way up to 4500 rpms. i personally use around 2500 for most all of my riding with my current bike and set up.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:45 AM

Thanks man, Im a lil shocked that i got most of the info i needed without getting bashed... yet! Any1 got any pics of where to attach the second idle screw???
Old 03-03-2008, 02:39 AM
- got blox? -

Kruzah is just really niceKruzah is just really niceKruzah is just really niceKruzah is just really niceKruzah is just really nice

Check this out

https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444...cable-mod.html

Theres a couple of pics that should be of use
Old 03-03-2008, 04:12 AM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

Umm Should I Run 2 Wires For My 600rr Or The Reg One Is Just Fine?>>