How Long Did it Take YOU to Wheelie?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 07:23 PM

zxcraig is a decent person
Re: How Long Did it Take YOU to Wheelie?

lock,,,, sorry cant spell
Old 11-06-2007, 08:07 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

okay- kinda off topic, but when you guys clutch it up, how many fingers do you have on the clutch? havent seen this talked about in a while. as far as town riding i'm using about 3 fingers, but some quick math tells me that i dont have many fingers to hold onto the bar.. ha ha. i guess i'm kinda wondering if an EZpull is a good quick upgrade for a squid like me... been spoiled w/ a fiddy for too long...
Old 11-06-2007, 08:11 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

I see you have a 636. take the shifter arm out, where the cable attaches to it and cut and weld an extra 1/2" or so onto it. Then get a raptor pro from haibikeshop.com

That's my setup.. and I can pull the clutch to the bar with my pinky... my clutch hand never gets sore and I can work it in conjunction with the handbrake no problem... it's so nice I think it might pull in with enough speed on the highway from the wind resistance.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

kipROCKet is a decent person

Originally Posted by blinkybill04
okay- kinda off topic, but when you guys clutch it up, how many fingers do you have on the clutch? havent seen this talked about in a while. as far as town riding i'm using about 3 fingers, but some quick math tells me that i dont have many fingers to hold onto the bar.. ha ha. i guess i'm kinda wondering if an EZpull is a good quick upgrade for a squid like me... been spoiled w/ a fiddy for too long...
one on the clutch and one on the HB
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM

joe98 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kliewer
I see you have a 636. take the shifter arm out, where the cable attaches to it and cut and weld an extra 1/2" or so onto it. Then get a raptor pro from haibikeshop.com

That's my setup.. and I can pull the clutch to the bar with my pinky... my clutch hand never gets sore and I can work it in conjunction with the handbrake no problem... it's so nice I think it might pull in with enough speed on the highway from the wind resistance.
can you explain more about what your talkin about with cuttin and welding stuff any pics would be good too
Old 11-06-2007, 09:35 PM

blinkybill04 is a decent person

thanks for the reply! good call with the clutch arm, i bet that would do the trick! i am actually (in the next few days depending on a call to insurance) gettin an f4i for a stunter, but same principle i spose. the 636 is minty... i've heard good things about both the ez-pull and the raptor, but heard it ate clutch cables... is this something to get excited about?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:32 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Iv e been workin on mine for like 8 years now. Finally at bp. I took the short bus to school too. You wanna make somethin of it?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Throttle choppin'

IRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the roughIRISH MIKE is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by blinkybill04

I use my index finger and I keep it there. Not really a good idea either b/c when I steer, i dont relize it but sometimes I pull the clutch in just a c hair and it starts to slip. But thats the way I roll dogg
Old 11-06-2007, 10:36 PM
Throttle choppin'

Oh yeah (Sorry for the post whoreing) Just got my moose easy pull from HAI the other day. I'll put it on 2mrow I hope.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 PM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

The clutch arm mod.. it's basically that little arm on the side of the motor where your cable hooks onto... just lengthen that a tiny bit.. it's just a flat piece of metal so you can cut it.. and weld another piece in the middle nooo problem. about 1/2" should do it, I forget what I did.. I think 3/4". but I have no adjustment in my cable anymore and had to kinda ghetto rig it cuz it stretched it to the max. It just gives you more leverage and makes the pull a lot easier.

as far as the raptor pro goes.. nope hasn't ate any of my cables.. well worth the money.. but it's cheap so try not to break it hahaha.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:15 AM

thehate. will become famous soon enough

I don't understand the question!? what's a clutch?
Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Beto
hope that picture in your avatar is an old pic of you learning then...
that pic was taken after my 2nd ride on da bike lol

Hater!!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

when I pull in the clutch hit rev limiter and dump it I wheelie every time!!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:18 AM

pixel 6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man. I dont' know where you guys keep your ***** when you ride.

Started with sitdowns. Had about 3 months of practicing on an R1 before I pinned it onto a guard rail... (non stunt related) then got up towards the BP on my 929 about 6 months after that.

As soon as I was nearly at the BP with sitdowns, learned to clutch standups from about 5mph. Found the BP using the brake in about 2 weeks. Could slow them down after a month.

Crashed a month after I started learning to use a handbrake. (air bubble ftw)... and wonder how I'm going to do after I finish streetfightering my 929. Will I be skured and a chicken sh*t, or will I be catching idle... who knows? But my busted *** leg will not stop me from trying!

- Pixel -
Old 11-07-2007, 09:41 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

hazemabdulrab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beto
2 weeks on a ninja 250

the first bike i rode was a ninja 250...by the time i went around the block a second time i tried poppin a wheelie...and the bike just kicked really hard i almost flew back i wasnt holdin on right....the front tire didnt even go up and i kno i clutched it with alot of rpm.....stupdi but i was so excited i didnt give a ****
Old 11-07-2007, 09:54 AM

JT905 is a decent person

Originally Posted by trickshow
I just learned to to clutch it up 2 weeks ago (ONLY IN FIRST GEAR not second) and now im trying to find my balance point with out crashing. at first when i started clutching it i wasn't used to the bike coming up so when it did it scared the **** out of me everytime and i couldn't concentrate thus i wouldn't even think about the rear brake. now i bring the bike up and i feel comfortable and i can actually THINK and im just starting to tap the rear brake everytime i come down so it come second nature. Im going slow,i dont care if it take me another month to find my balance point i dont want to flip. but ya i tryed clutching second gear and i can't the bike doesn't come up at all like it does in first. do i have to be in the power band or something?
your not gonna be a good stunter if your trying to do it without crashing... get use to it crashing is learning..we all crash we watch people crash all day long when we go out and practice and we see em a week later and their killin the trick they crashed on , riding is like troubleshooting see what works for u and if it doesnt then u gotta try somethin different
Old 11-07-2007, 09:56 AM

JT905 is a decent person

[quote=trickshow;3009871] dont mean to flame u kid just my u know...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 AM

S.O.R Josh is an unknown quantity at this point

it took me the better part of 6 months to learn slow 12 wheelies. I was alone for the first 3 months of that. If you want to learn quick, have someone there that knows how to ride and can give you pointers. Balance point to someone that has never been back that far will feel like your looping out.

you should go to http://www.freestyleingenuity.com/xc...home.php?cat=5

both of the videos listed will help you with the questions you have. They were the best instructional purchase i have made.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:34 AM

ukmark is a decent person

got my licence a few month ago learnt sit downs straight away just the other day learnt standups but there all through power i cant find the bp for **** also i never use the clutch? should i?does it make it easier to control