Wheelies legal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 AM

crash6927 is a decent person
Re: Wheelies legal?

Over here by Texas A&M If you make more then two turns they have to fall back and call in a helicopter to find you. My dad is a cop in Houston and he said that people sue them all the time for stupid crap like that and win most of it they dont let out.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:54 AM

BrianMM717 is a decent person

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
no chase law exist in certain states but def not illinios. hopefully one day!!!

hopefully in every state!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........
Old 10-12-2007, 03:58 AM

Big R 508 is infamous around these parts

well if you go more than 100 mph on your bike & cops have no right to chase you.

well i really dont know that much about massachusetts law about wheelie cuz there is many wheelies everywhere it seems like cops dont give a **** sometimes really.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:56 AM

BrianMM717 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big R 508
well if you go more than 100 mph on your bike & cops have no right to chase you.

well i really dont know that much about massachusetts law about wheelie cuz there is many wheelies everywhere it seems like cops dont give a **** sometimes really.

ONE TIME WE WERE GOIN DOWN 195 TOWARDS FALL RIVER AND I WAZ RECORDIN MY BOY,HE WAZ JUST DOIN A SS,HE'S LOOKIN BACK ONCE IN AWHILE TO CHECK,ALL OF A SUDDEN HE BRINGS IT DOWN AND DOWNSHIFTS AND FLOORS IT,I WAZ CONFUSED???........WELL THERE WAZ ALSO 2 OTHERS(THEY WERE JUST CRUISIN) I TOOK A GLIMPSE AT THE MIRROR AND SEEN A UC STATEY BEHIND ME...........ONE OF THE KIDS IN FRONT OF ME DECIDES TO DOWNSHIFT AND TAKE OFF,(DOESN'T EVEN LOOK BACK 2 SEE IF IT'S CLEAR AND DOESN'T KNOW ABOUT STATEY) HE FLOORS IT AND RIGHT AWAY THE STATEY GOES AROUND ME AND CHASES HIM......... LIKE A MILE OR 2 HE HAD HIM PULLED OVER...........HE OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T KNOW HE WAZ BEHIND HIM,HE DEF WAZ SURPRISED TO SEE HIM ON HIS *** AFTER,MY BOY GOT AWAY,BUT THE COP DID GIVE CHASE AT FIRST,KID ENDED UP W/ 500 TICKET AND SUSPENDED LISCENCE
Old 10-12-2007, 06:43 AM
GAD

GAD is a decent person

Originally Posted by Big R 508

Yea dude cops can do what they want...There is no "oh hes going to fast law"! Me and my bro were cruzen down the interstate had the headphones in and looked back BAM theres a cop..so we pulled over he was like"I been following u guys for 5 miles. I thought you all were going to run. I had every cop for 10 miles lined up. we were going to use spike strips if you all would have ran!" I asked is that legal. the cop said "yup, the way a judge would look at is i could crash and kill a family or the could crashe me and only kill me". thats what i was told

But i have 4 wheelie tickets in FL 3 were just 118 dollar nothing tickets and one was 213$ wreckless...
Old 10-12-2007, 09:52 AM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

theres discussion of a loop hole in the florida law, they can pursue if it is a "felony" pursuit. and tech. more then twice the limit is a felony. so theres always some sort of loop hole to everything.

luckily for me im friends with all the cops in this town, but im moving saturday, so i need to work on hook ups fast. like i said its all about who you know!
Old 08-17-2009, 01:46 AM

Charlyb715 is a decent person

If you're dumb enough to run I'll chase you. If you stop I prolly won't right a ticket unless you earn it. I ride and have been known to clutch up from time to time and my Chief is notorius for it on his bike. The only time I've even pulled a rider over for it was because it was in the middle of town while school was letting out. He got told to take it out of town or come back later that night and we'd talk shop. If you want to kill yourself why do I care. It's when you're indangering everyone else that I have do do something.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:58 AM
takingitbacktotheoldskool

RROCCO will become famous soon enoughRROCCO will become famous soon enough

you dug up a 2yr old thread to say that for your 1st post???
Old 08-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Built not bought

tys0n.cbr is a decent person

well like they say for us stunters, A few stupid *** squids give us all a bad name. Just as a "few" dick cops give them all bad reps, so regardless to mr.pork's comment FTP!!!!!!!!!! I will never stop for a cop again so he can go on a fuggin ticket exstravaganza.

Wheelies are just perfect for cops, its a sure fire way to say the driver is out of control and get a couple hundred if not thousand in the states pocket. Its all about cash man, they say its about safety which is total bullshit cuz they drive a 4000 pound cage like a death missile whenever they get the oppurtunity. How many stories have you heard about a cop wrecking and killing innocent people? I know ive heard plenty. So why should we be singled out? Because its easy to say being on one wheel is dangerous but for anyone thats seasoned, we know that is total bullshit. (offrant)
Old 08-17-2009, 02:15 AM
***tastic

rookie stunter is a decent person

for real what was the point of even bringin it back. and btw, its in tennesee that you can legally ride a wheelie in a parade under the speed of 35 mph.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Built not bought

tys0n.cbr is a decent person

sweet and idk why it got brought up but it apparently is a cop so why not really speak your opinion now?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Likes fat girls.

Ironheart is a decent person

Originally Posted by Charlyb715
If you're dumb enough to run I'll chase you. If you stop I prolly won't right a ticket unless you earn it. I ride and have been known to clutch up from time to time and my Chief is notorius for it on his bike. The only time I've even pulled a rider over for it was because it was in the middle of town while school was letting out. He got told to take it out of town or come back later that night and we'd talk shop. If you want to kill yourself why do I care. It's when you're indangering everyone else that I have do do something.
If you're dumb enough to chase me I'mma run.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:30 AM

cjones_636 is a decent person

Originally Posted by rookie stunter
for real what was the point of even bringin it back. and btw, its in tennesee that you can legally ride a wheelie in a parade under the speed of 35 mph.

We should start the annual "tennessee sportbike parade" and kill it legally.
Old 08-17-2009, 06:14 AM
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301 is a decent person

Originally Posted by tys0n.cbr
they say its about safety which is total bullshit cuz they drive a 4000 pound cage like a death missile whenever they get the oppurtunity. How many stories have you heard about a cop wrecking and killing innocent people? I know ive heard plenty.
+1...remember the uhl girls that went to siue that got killed last year? all because a cop was flying down the road at over 120mph to "provide backup" for another cop who was just making a routine stop for a speeding ticket. ************ lost control of the porkmobile and crossed the highway and slammed head on into their car. that was his 3rd or 4th accident on duty. what the **** was he doing behind the wheel of the car? he needed to be cleaning ******** with the way his driving history was.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:14 AM

jono mono is a decent person

the harsher the penalties they bring in the more people are gonna run simple as that!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 AM

matt440rev is a decent person

Originally Posted by jono mono
the harsher the penalties they bring in the more people are gonna run simple as that!!

so true! i wont stop for another. i was in the middle of nowhere on an country road not around any houses or other cars and i got a ticket. even when i pulled over right in front of him thinkin hed be cool. FTP!!!

and around here its a careless ticket thats $125 and 4 pts
Old 08-17-2009, 10:42 AM

manny510 is a decent person

Originally Posted by HallFace929
Cali is pretty gay!

My buddy got stopped by a chopper. It almost landed on top of him in oakland. He got a reckless driving, arrested, $800 fine, and bike impounded.

And 2 weeks ago I poped my clutch and for the 1st time in about 1000 wheelie attempts the lever cought my finger on its way out so the clutch didnt fully catch and my wheel just came off the ground 4 a split sec then straight back down and I got a reckless for it. My buddy said my front wheel came maybe 7 inches off the ground for about 1.5 sec. (he was right next to me) and I got a reckless for it! I havent gone to court yet but im hoping they will drop the charges down a lil. I wouldn't have cared that much if I got cought mid stand-up or something but 7 ****** inches!!! Come on!

tell me about it bro i was in union city, came out of my house i was just warming up tires n i just pop my clutch just for whatever n my tire was only 3-4 inches off the ground for a sec...there was a cop sitting in parking lot saw this so yeah we rode to the stunt spot n i parked my bike in parking lot just to c eveythin is coool and all the sudden this ******* pulls in n ****** gave me ticket
Old 08-17-2009, 10:49 AM

manny510 is a decent person

Originally Posted by f4i Guuyy 41
hey man i uno if you have been readin the papers lately but its now ILLEGAL to chase bikers now.... a new law was passed last week statin that if a biker runs from a police crusier, the police crusier may not FOLLOW or pursue chase to the bike... if the cop does follow or pursue the chase the biker is LEGALLY allowed to SUE the cop for endangering his life and others. so invest in a flip up plate an dont stop... lol
tru but cops dont care they try to get u at any point cuz just wana prove that they r the best plus they will put evading a cop...which is straight jail time n over 700$ fine i seen some1 getting that recently...i agree with what u say but ftp they try to get u at any cost...
Old 08-17-2009, 11:56 AM
505COS

505COS is a decent person

Yup i got stopped one time for not wearing eye protection (doing like 35) and thinking he would give me a break and be cool about it, he was a dick face and gave me a ticket. so the next time one got behind me i was gone. he called in three other units to chase and only one seen me by the time i was gone (had six buddys with me that seen it all), haha the other two never made it in time. i got 5 runs under my belt and away clean. haha soooooo moral is, **** cops DONT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Call me *Point Blank*

cbr_stunt is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
no chase law exist in certain states but def not illinios. hopefully one day!!!
I was told by a Libertyville Police Officer that in certain areas of I'LL cops aren't allowed to chase and have to radio in first for permission. That's just what I was told by him*

Quick Reply: Wheelies legal?