Wheelies legal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Waiting For Email Confirmation

Adam134 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wheelies legal?

I rememer a thread from the summer with someone asking if there was a place where wheelies were legal and someone replied its legal if you can control it and keep at the speed limit or maybe I just read it wrong.. anyone live somewhere where wheelies are legal? The reason I'm asking is ontario is cracking down to the point where killing streets is impossible anymore, if your caught doing a wheelie or 50 over or any other "driving stunt" its a minimum $2000 fine which quickly gets bumped to the maximum $10,000 fine.. 6 points on my license for wreckless, they also will suspend my license on the spot for 7 days as well as tow my bike and make me pay for the tow and the week storage that it gets impounded for.. they leave you exactly where they stopped you to walk your *** home..second time offence you lose license for like 2 years and you have to go before a court to plead to get it back// I was hoping the cops wouldn't be so strict about enforcing the new rule because of paperwork but in the past 10 days since its been put into place 300 vehicles have been taken in this province alone.. looks like cops are tryin to **** with anyone they can .. so basically lookin at where in north america doesn't do such drastic action towards stunting? any help would be appreciated
Old 10-11-2007, 02:51 PM

RepHateCrew is a decent person
Re: Wheelies legal?

Originally Posted by Adam134
I rememer a thread from the summer with someone asking if there was a place where wheelies were legal and someone replied its legal if you can control it and keep at the speed limit or maybe I just read it wrong.. anyone live somewhere where wheelies are legal? The reason I'm asking is ontario is cracking down to the point where killing streets is impossible anymore, if your caught doing a wheelie or 50 over or any other "driving stunt" its a minimum $2000 fine which quickly gets bumped to the maximum $10,000 fine.. 6 points on my license for wreckless, they also will suspend my license on the spot for 7 days as well as tow my bike and make me pay for the tow and the week storage that it gets impounded for.. they leave you exactly where they stopped you to walk your *** home..second time offence you lose license for like 2 years and you have to go before a court to plead to get it back// I was hoping the cops wouldn't be so strict about enforcing the new rule because of paperwork but in the past 10 days since its been put into place 300 vehicles have been taken in this province alone.. looks like cops are tryin to **** with anyone they can .. so basically lookin at where in north america doesn't do such drastic action towards stunting? any help would be appreciated

Texas about all u get is a reckless ticket...and a impound
Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Just go and get the wheelie indorsement on your drivers licence. It's a big W in the indorsement box !
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 PM

JIMI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Catman
Just go and get the wheelie indorsement on your drivers licence. It's a big W in the indorsement box !
Old 10-11-2007, 03:19 PM

ruthlessriding is a decent person

Fl. isn't so bad. it's all about who you know. i just got pulled over for rocking some whooles and the cop just tapped knuckles.

this reminds me, anybody remember when we had that big rivalry/issue with the law enforcment forum?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

In WI you usually just get a Reckless Driving traffic ticket and I've gotten both of mine reduced to basically nothing. They have a Criminal version of Reckless driving here but I've never heard of anyone getting it, I think you have to kill someone.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:54 PM

NOR*CAL is a decent person

in the state of kansas u go straight to jail do not pass go and do not collect 200$
Old 10-11-2007, 04:02 PM

nyRocketkid is an unknown quantity at this point

This **** pisses me off. Laws are quickly getting out of hand, and going way overboard.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM

chet3310 is a decent person

I heard if you get a stunter license, you can ride them all over. I seen a post up a couple days ago about a guy that has his. All you have to do is 12 oclock scrape around cones and then endo around 6 cones. If you put your feet down they deduct points.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:15 PM

Joker is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chet3310
I heard if you get a stunter license, you can ride them all over. I seen a post up a couple days ago about a guy that has his. All you have to do is 12 oclock scrape around cones and then endo around 6 cones. If you put your feet down they deduct points.

Yeah, just ask the DMV for an application

Old 10-11-2007, 04:17 PM

interceptorvfr is a decent person

haha yea i just tried to get that license but i put my foot donw 3 times so i failed
Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person

Originally Posted by NOR*CAL
in the state of Kansas u go straight to jail do not pass go and do not collect 200$

same here in TN. they call it aggravated reckless driving as of this year.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:07 PM

Joe1985 is a decent person

Here in England you lose your liscense straight away, they class it as dangerous driving because "when you're wheelying you can't see where you're going" which is bullshit cos when u'r stood up you can easily see where you're going, what you want is a flipup plate like i've got on me R1, just dont stop for the ******* they never catch you, all you need is a basic hinge, mine is off a kitchen cupboard
Old 10-11-2007, 05:47 PM

sr20-r1 is an unknown quantity at this point

in naperville, il ive only gotten tickets for operating a motorcycle on one wheel. its a $75 fine. you just cant get more than 3 in one year anymore. but ive seen friends in diffrent cities about 5 miles closer to downtown. that have been arrested for it before. they all got tickets for reckless driving.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:51 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

with every day that passes by this country is becoming less and less free. **** in louisana theres a town that gives you a ticket for sagging your pants.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:01 PM

HallFace929 is a decent person

Cali is pretty gay!

My buddy got stopped by a chopper. It almost landed on top of him in oakland. He got a reckless driving, arrested, $800 fine, and bike impounded.

And 2 weeks ago I poped my clutch and for the 1st time in about 1000 wheelie attempts the lever cought my finger on its way out so the clutch didnt fully catch and my wheel just came off the ground 4 a split sec then straight back down and I got a reckless for it. My buddy said my front wheel came maybe 7 inches off the ground for about 1.5 sec. (he was right next to me) and I got a reckless for it! I havent gone to court yet but im hoping they will drop the charges down a lil. I wouldn't have cared that much if I got cought mid stand-up or something but 7 ****** inches!!! Come on!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
with every day that passes by this country is becoming less and less free. **** in louisana theres a town that gives you a ticket for sagging your pants.
WOW! that is sad. It reminds me of a time I got suspended in high school for wearing a hat that said P-Town (for my home town of Pacifica) because it was "gang related". 1st my hometown is maybe 10,000 people, 2nd only 2 murders have happened in the 22 years ive lived, and 3rd everyone ******* knows eachother! Not much room for gangs. Oh and it was a public school. Ya laws and rules suck big *****!!! And yes this f'n country is FAR from "FREE". I just wish getting arrested ment a 3 day vacation like getting suspended did.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:10 PM

chet3310 is a decent person

Originally Posted by HallFace929
Cali is pretty gay!

My buddy got stopped by a chopper. It almost landed on top of him in oakland. He got a reckless driving, arrested, $800 fine, and bike impounded.

And 2 weeks ago I poped my clutch and for the 1st time in about 1000 wheelie attempts the lever cought my finger on its way out so the clutch didnt fully catch and my wheel just came off the ground 4 a split sec then straight back down and I got a reckless for it. My buddy said my front wheel came maybe 7 inches off the ground for about 1.5 sec. (he was right next to me) and I got a reckless for it! I havent gone to court yet but im hoping they will drop the charges down a lil. I wouldn't have cared that much if I got cought mid stand-up or something but 7 ****** inches!!! Come on!
That sucks man, if that happens to me I'm gonna make it worth it and ride a staggered till I drop. Your fucked anyways right?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by chet3310
That sucks man, if that happens to me I'm gonna make it worth it and ride a staggered till I drop. Your fucked anyways right?
Very true but I did get out of getting my bike impounded and arrested. I usually am down and out but I didnt really know my way around were I was and had pretty much nowhere to go. Just one of the very few places even a motorcycle cant get out of.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM

harwood39 is a decent person

In nd the cops dont really stop bikes that often. A buddy of mine a year ago rode a wheelie past a cop and the cop just waved.... its so open around here tho its too easy to get away so i just think the cops dont even wanna try.

Quick Reply: Wheelies legal?