Stalling on Idle

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:00 AM
life is good......BRAAAP!

-nelson will become famous soon enough
Re: Stalling on Idle

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
Your post sounds like bar tricks, or foot drag circles, not scrappin at speed.

Not sure if that is what the kid is askin about.

Two scrape or hit a coaster, I am always doin it in 2nd or higher. 1st gear is too slow. Pull the clutch in a huck it back ridin the brake.

If you wanna just park it on the bar, ie idle bar tricks, the above mentioned advise by nelson is good and relevant.
no doubt , I was refferring to , bar tricks ,idle foot drag circles etc. which the speed he is talking about going ,in first right up to idle with him stalling an all. It sounded like he needs to slip the clutch and blip the gas.

But to scrape ,coaster yeah your absolutely right ,with 2nd or higher good advice on that as well.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:10 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

First I want to say that I only read the last couple of posts on this page, and I also realize that this thread is sort of over my head a touch.(I am gonna go read the whole thing after I get back from riding) But I have been sort of playin around with coasting, and I just build a bit of speed before I get to the 12 BP and then ease off the brake till I feel like I'm goin over backwards, pull in the clutch for like 2 maybe 3 seconds and then let it out and try to get back to 12 BP.... I will do this like 5-7 times in a wheelie and then run out of lot...

I don't know if that is the right way or not, but it is helping me to get the feel of the coaster BP and all that brake control stuff. Not to mention clutch control, cuz I have let it out too fast a few times or freaked and gave it too much brake and mousetrapped..LOL.... hard a few times!! I did a handstand like I was on a freakin pommell horse once!! Never looped and never got off in front of the bike on a mousetrap yet either..(pretty sure I just jinxed myself though!)

I really don't try to coast alot cuz I'm learning circles right now. And my 'tard still has semi stock gears, I'm only up two!! I assume that after a while of getting used to the feel, I will eventually get longer and longer ones rollin and then I will eventually shift on a power BP whellie and drop that **** back in 3rd. Right now with my gears 1st is plenty fast to do what I'm doin..... learning.

I am talkin about my motard cuz it stalls out alot with the carb. .... still no chain for my big sprocket and the zook...but I don't think that it will have the same stallin issues as bad as the carb'd bike.

I also don't think that there would be much difference though from this and the street bikes?? Hell my motard is a ton bigger than my gixxer! I know when I wheelie next to my friends on their F4i's my head is a full 1 1/2 ft. taller than thier's! LOL

WOW!! that was a marathon post....

Tell me if I'm going about learning this the wrong way or not please, those 650 ft coasters that I filmed my buddy doin the other week were sick as hell! Somin I def wanna learn.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:02 PM

Street Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to beholdStreet Warrior is a splendid one to behold

If you're just tryin to scrape, turn your idle down to like 1.5k, wring 1st gear out to like 10 or 12 grand and dip it back past bp and start slowing it down with clutch out, using rear brake and compression braking both. Do that enough times and try slowing it down faster and faster and then you'll just tap the tail out of nowhere like nothing.

Then when you get comfortable tapping it at will, pull the clutch in as you tap it to drag it, but I dunno if you even wanna do that with just a pipe and no bar.

Then you can start braking out of the drag with the clutch in and that kinda gives you the feel for coasters, but you're usually going really slow by that time. I've been doing coasters in first but I'm really choppy with them. I can do a little distance and feel em float but never get more than 4 or 5 pumps or taps in before I **** up and over brake it back forward of bp. I've been trying to work on foot in seat and idle **** lately but maybe I ought to go back to coasters in 2nd, if 2nd is easier to keep smooth?
Old 09-22-2007, 04:45 PM

NsOaklandR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

<----Having same problem on my R6 as Samurai87
Old 09-22-2007, 11:11 PM
soon to be retired

ExtremeAcres is an unknown quantity at this point

subscribed
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person

Originally Posted by EZEC
woah these things have more then one gear?!?!?

you riding tommorrow??
Nah, Ive been in Chicago for work, still am.

You guys still head up there every weekend?
Old 09-24-2007, 03:17 AM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

seth stop being a vagina and ******* rock a decent speed balance point pull in the clutch and jsut covere your rear brake. you were there for my first coaster i was scared put after like two or three i loved em.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:05 AM

Kliewer is an unknown quantity at this point

Buddy of mine had the same problem, threw himself over the bars a few times before getting it down. If you just want to tap the tail there's no need to use the clutch, but you do need a lot of speed... gotta rip into it and put that tail into the ground, easing into a 12 is useless unless you're in a coaster.. just whip it back there and hit the brake right before the tail is gonna hit.. get those rpm's up high man.

If you can't hit 12 I'm not sure you're ready for coasters yet, but when you are, how I learned was by just doing balance point in 1st, and pulling the clutch in.. that way the bike just hung there and if it wasn't quite high enough, slowly fell down, if it was, it slowly started to come back and then I would start riding the brake. It's good to do it right at balance point so that the bike isn't coming over on you right away if you throw it back there real quick and grab the clutch. Just remember all your engine braking is gone so it makes the rear brake that much more touchy.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:51 AM

samurai87 is a decent person

Cool cool thanks for the advice guys....I think ima leave coasters alone for a while and work on idle in general.....We'll see whats up
Old 09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
soon to be retired

Originally Posted by Kliewer
how I learned was by just doing balance point in 1st, and pulling the clutch in.. that way the bike just hung there and if it wasn't quite high enough, slowly fell down, if it was, it slowly started to come back and then I would start riding the brake. It's good to do it right at balance point so that the bike isn't coming over on you right away if you throw it back there real quick and grab the clutch. Just remember all your engine braking is gone so it makes the rear brake that much more touchy.
I love the Idea of this more conservative approach !!! I will be concentrating on this method in the near future (a couple months maybe) when I am ready for my first coasters . Awesome man ...thanks
Old 09-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

hazemabdulrab is an unknown quantity at this point

**** the world,,**** women,,,**** the guy on my right and left.....stuntlife is my life...ur all my brothers....and if i never found out about stuntlife i wouldn't have a life...dont forget **** all the women....i wrote some young women i loved letters and suddenly all the ho's of dearborn kno and are laughing at me....and she called and said that i was stalking her wata bitch.....i luv u guyz....i kno u dont wanna here this gay **** ...sorry i had to let it out
Old 09-24-2007, 11:32 AM
soon to be retired

Originally Posted by hazemabdulrab
**** the world,,**** women,,,**** the guy on my right and left.....stuntlife is my life...ur all my brothers....and if i never found out about stuntlife i wouldn't have a life...dont forget **** all the women....i wrote some young women i loved letters and suddenly all the ho's of dearborn kno and are laughing at me....and she called and said that i was stalking her wata bitch.....i luv u guyz....i kno u dont wanna here this gay **** ...sorry i had to let it out
So.... is This Your "Coming Out of the Closet" ???

If so , You should probably do it elsewhere
Old 09-24-2007, 11:33 AM

was this the first time you had a dick up your ***???

advice, put down the crack pipe my man!
Old 09-24-2007, 11:35 AM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

it's ok little camper...you gotta expect it from those towel heads you were into
Old 09-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I Chose to No Longer Post

hazemabdulrab is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
it's ok little camper...you gotta expect it from those towel heads you were into

that ho that i want is into some rich arab guy...that got rich by suing someone for gettin his *** whipped and his towelhead mom by the cops and kno the bastard got a badass car and she wont get off his nutz...**** her and him.....ok back to the subject.....wats stalling on idle?
Old 09-24-2007, 11:43 AM

quit horring up the ****** thread you two
Old 09-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

seth your one to talk look at your ******* post count!! thats rediculous haha for how long you have had an account. your a stuntlife ****
Old 09-25-2007, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by imafrogg420
seth your one to talk look at your ******* post count!! thats rediculous haha for how long you have had an account. your a stuntlife ****
I would call you out but im feeling generous !!!!!

this weekend player my frame will be fixed and i will be out in full force
Old 09-25-2007, 12:12 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

seth is a PW
Old 09-25-2007, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by DBOUNCE1
seth is a PW
dont be mad haha I'll pass you in another 2 weeks if i put my mind to it