A seemingly simple question about combos. . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 08:57 PM

skinnyR! is a decent person
A seemingly simple question about combos. . .

Do ya stick to just the hand brake, or do ya switch back and forth from the foot brake to the hand brake? Or do ya cover both at all times?

This isn't a squid question either, im not askin when to use the hand brake, stick with me here.

Simple **** like clutch up jump to SS, I only think about coverin the hand brake. But if you are doin a more complicated combo that could involve the foot brake, do ya stick to just the hand brake instead?

Simple examples.

SS circle to FIB or foot in seat. Do ya still use the hand brake even tho your foot is on the peg and ya could use the foot brake?

Or........

Clutch up staggered. Normally not coverin the hand brake, only the foot. Slow it down a dip into circle. Now ya wanna step up to SS circle. Was your finger already on the hand brake to begin with cuz you ALWAYS cover it, or do ya consciously move your middle finger to hand brake?

If I know Im gonna use the hand brake, i cover both the clutch and hand brake. Foot brake stuff I don't cover the hand brake too, ya get me? Are you supposed to cover the foot brake and the hand brake????

This may sound like a simple thing, but bare with me.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM

E-BRAKE is a decent person
Re: A seemingly simple question about combos. . .

i personally switch back and forth from the foot to the hand , if i got my foot on the peg i use it and if i dont then i dont
Old 08-07-2007, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by E-BRAKE
i personally switch back and forth from the foot to the hand , if i got my foot on the peg i use it and if i dont then i dont
So do you leave a finger on the hand brake at all times, even if you are using the foot?

I find it difficult to consciously move my finger from the grip to the hand brake if it isn't already there.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:33 PM

E-BRAKE is a decent person

yea i always cover it cause i learned everything switching my index finger from the clutch to the HB and i had to retrain myself to two finger everything once i learned O combos so now i just cover it all the time...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:05 AM

bruno_z is an unknown quantity at this point

just hb, cuz my system isn't bled right and have to pump it after using fb...you have to force yourself to move fingers over grip/clutch/hb/ levers, it's not hard, after just few tries it will be simple...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by skinnyR!
I find it difficult to consciously move my finger from the grip to the hand brake if it isn't already there.
therin lies your problem.

cover the clutch, and the handbrake at all times and you will not have to worry about that.

-kane
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

i was thinking of cutting my footbrake off to MAKE me use two fingers all the time
Old 08-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by SKETCHY146
i was thinking of cutting my footbrake off to MAKE me use two fingers all the time
oh wow. times change..

-kane
Old 08-08-2007, 09:17 AM
STUNTRIDE FRONTLINE

-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of-SKETCHY- has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaneone
oh wow. times change..

-kane
its so bent its about to snap anyway
Old 08-08-2007, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kaneone
therin lies your problem.

cover the clutch, and the handbrake at all times and you will not have to worry about that.

-kane
So you cover the hand brake at all times, even if you are doing just a simple staggered wheelie and are using the foot brake?

When using the handbrake, I do cover both the clutch and hand brake.

Im curious to see if everyone covers both brakes at ALL times, as well as possibly the clutch.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:02 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

So you cover the hand brake at all times, even if you are doing just a simple staggered wheelie and are using the foot brake?

Im curious to see if everyone covers both brakes at ALL times, as well as possibly the clutch.
if your left hand is on the grip, it should be ready to work at all times. Even if youre not using it at the moment.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:33 AM
N/A

N/A is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still working on getting used to keeping both a finger on the clutch and the hb... feels weird but you have to.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 AM

numberTWO is an unknown quantity at this point

If I go from say, ss to foot on seat circles back to ss, I take my finger off the handbrake cuz I don't need it there. I don't have a problem switching back to having my finger on the handbrake tho, it just goes back on pretty much subconsciously. I don't see any reason to keep your finger on the hb when you are doing foot brake tricks...your hand will just tire out quicker holding on with just two fingers. I always always cover the clutch tho.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

minus when im doing stoppies ya id say i am usually covering both.. least i think so. lol dont really pay that much attention i guess
Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by E-BRAKE
yep, indiana makes it simple....foot there, use it, foot not, then hand.

i'm not very deep into combo's just yet but my foot in bar step up to SS i do the FIB normal with the brake hten just switch to HB. no reason for me to have to re-learn FIB using a HB.