Old 01-29-2007, 04:03 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person
Re: whats up with SSB Magazine..

i heard in in the new ftp 5 lol
Old 01-29-2007, 04:06 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

the bottom line is the custom bikes pay the bills.. and I think a magazine as large as SSB should only cover the premiere events.. it opens a door for smaller underground mags
Old 01-29-2007, 04:08 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

the reason why most big name sponsors are coming on board with teams and individuals is through this magazine, i can't see how looking the other way on big accomplishments through stunt riding is going to help our sport any??
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

INSAIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Danger_Dave
thats all hogwash. i go by what i see when i crack open that magazine, and all i see is a pile of crap. i want my money back and dont want any more of these toilet papers. theres plenty of stunt coverage out there, ofcourse only 3 people replied to your thing, its not their job to gather up material, its yours. just admit that money is the only thing that matters to 99% of people nowadays and blinged out squidbikes are what superstreetbike magazine has their heart set on.
not hating on you.....You're hating with the wrong guy.....Big Dave is an OG. He knows better than anyone what any of us go through in our sport!

He has offered to help out......Just needs stories to go on. If you want stuff in print.....submit.....He has offered.......and put his own email out there so ur email doesn't get lost to someone else.

It's not a newspaper searching for daily news............I bet most of the Blinged out articles and stories ARE SUBMITTED.

Big Dave will always support his roots....but needs something to work with!

looking forward to upcoming event articles!!!!

Old 01-29-2007, 04:22 PM

Allstar is an unknown quantity at this point

good thing i didnt go and get my copy yet *** ive been trying to keepa collection here this gone f me up
Old 01-29-2007, 04:32 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

FOTOgrapher is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big dave

SSB was the headline sponsor at Stunt Wars and had 2 photographers working from Thursday to Sunday,
Interesting..............
Old 01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
www.myspace.com/emrock

Emrock is a decent person

Old 01-29-2007, 05:02 PM

i also noticed the video review section getting pretty much axed from the magazine....i know i read through those in EVERY issue, you pretty much have to since impact video only buys video's from teams or individuals for a 3 month time period before considering them "old news" and throwing them in the back corner of their warehouse......i don't want to wait another 3 years for a "stunting" magazine to get 12 issues in a year.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:48 PM

ocd50 is an unknown quantity at this point

They are doing a stunt bike build feature. But I facking hate the gay captions in bubbles that are on every other page!!!!
Old 01-30-2007, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by ocd50
They are doing a stunt bike build feature. But I facking hate the gay captions in bubbles that are on every other page!!!!
lol it looks like a cartoon mag!
Old 01-30-2007, 01:46 PM

eazenutz33 is an unknown quantity at this point

stunt bike build off is gay........its a shitty carbed R6.....at least use an F4...F4i, 600RR, 636, or something a lil newer and worth use

Gotta admit I didn't like the last issue, depending on what else i see I may not subscribe again.

I agree with D.D. on one point.....its the job of the magazine to get the stories or whatever, but do admit some of us who do smaller things or aren't as well known could send in ideas, sample stories, pics to try to add to the content and get exposure......thats what this sport is..."look at me, look at me" Right???

one complaint I do have about SSB.....and I've emailed back and forth with someone there before is the total cold shoulder towards street stunting....i understand sponsors might not like it, but its big with us.
.....I put a charity ride together last year, had video grabs, prolly not the best for a mag, but even if I woulda had a nice digi-cam in the camera car I know it never woulda never made it in the mag......cuase it showed it on the street, whether its reality or not!

WOULD LOVE to see the StreetFighterz Ride of the Century and Dan Jacksons Circle the City ride featured back to back in SSB......showing the truth and reality of how it goes down! I know once before I have seen a Ruff Ryders ride with tons of riders on the street, and seen G from sic riders in Mexico or somin doin a christ on the street........would be like that but a lil more on the edge!!!! DO IT!
Old 01-30-2007, 03:41 PM

if they aren't interested in doing closed circuit stories, traveling abroad, how to stud ice tires, they CERTAINLY wont do street stories......

tony d went to burns day and made the front cover and a big feature article...it was INTERESTING... i spent the summer in china, and joe vertical and aaron b went to europe.....it's about reading about the LIFESTYLE and the things people encounter in foreign lands.....i think that would be much more interesting than how to spend 20 k on a chromed out busa....

thomas's magazine however could pull that off!!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
if they aren't interested in doing closed circuit stories, traveling abroad, how to stud ice tires, they CERTAINLY wont do street stories......

tony d went to burns day and made the front cover and a big feature article...it was INTERESTING... i spent the summer in china, and joe vertical and aaron b went to europe.....it's about reading about the LIFESTYLE and the things people encounter in foreign lands.....i think that would be much more interesting than how to spend 20 k on a chromed out busa....

thomas's magazine however could pull that off!!
interesting to who?
if i was into chromed out busas, and had one sitting in my garage and 20k willing to spend on it. id be pretty interested in reading about what others are doing to their bikes, and where i should spend the $...

im just playing devils advocate here, its not easy to be in their shoes, and last i check primedia is in the business of selling magazines.. if having hot chicks and badass bikes on the covers helps increase sales over having wheelies and stoppies.. then so be it.

now if a hot chick on a chromed out bling bling stunt bike were to do a wheelie!?

n/m i forgot.. girls cant ride bikes

-kane
Old 01-30-2007, 05:55 PM

i'm not even talking about cover shots kane, i'm talking about just getting an article.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:59 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i'm not even talking about cover shots kane, i'm talking about just getting an article.
like i said i was just playing devils advocate.

did u already write a story, and have 10-15 good hi-res photos put em both together in a zip, upload em to an FTP and mail them the link?

-kane
Old 01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

July 2006 Alex Flores Cover

Page 30 "Opportunity Knocks"
Ryan Suschanek of Wisconsin's Vertical Mischeif Crew travels to Zhuhai city, China.

Also your Ice riding did get love:
http://www.superstreetbike.com/scene...isconsin_2005/
Old 01-30-2007, 08:45 PM

that was the first time i went, 8 days total....NOT 3 months, NOT the first us stunt team to perform on a front straight at a moto gp round, NOT introducing thousands of fans in a foreign land about our "sport", hell i don't even care anymore if it was about me i would like to see an article on vertical joe and aaron b's summer trip to europe as well!! this is definately an aspect of our sport which keeps me going, traveling is cool as hell, give respect where respect is due, covering another ordinary stunt show because the riders who are riding are affiliated with big advertisers in the magazine????

no, i didn't send them 10-15 high res pictures, i sent them a cd of about 50 high res pictures, riding and lifestyle experiences which somehow got "lost"

ice riding----once again, a 1 page story last winter....explained nothing of how a tire can be studded and the proper way of how to do so, i get about 4-5 emails a week from people asking how to properly do this procedure, most have already studded up a tire and had it fail because they don't know about the angles and what type of ice conditions they work in etc. etc. not everybody that reads this magazine is from a warm weather state.

still a firm believer that some day when this sport reaches x-games status that there could be winter x games possibilities too.....or maybe i'm just stupid
Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 PM

and how do you get shots in the "out takes" section???
Old 01-30-2007, 10:05 PM

DSOG Thomas will become famous soon enough

here we go with the damn ice stunting again.. If I ever had a magazine I would print a pic for you Ryan

Quick Reply: whats up with SSB Magazine..