whats up with SSB Magazine..

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:11 AM
ESADmethods.com

T-Ice is a decent person
Re: whats up with SSB Magazine..

i say check out the new and upcoming website www.squidwheelies.com that is tryin to bring you these articles that you ask of, its a new website but if you have a sick pick email it to LT who is running the site, he will probably post it, it is basicaly like an online stunting magazine with write ups, reviews and some event coverage.....i know for a fact he is looking for coverage so if you have a small, medium or large event going on hit him up, i am almost as positive as Tony C's HIV test that he will be more than happy to put good submitted articles up on the site..........so check it the **** out and quite complaing that corporate america hates all of us but KANE and excessa (ask her, she will tell you that we all love her).......

Tice
www.squidwheelies.com
www.HAIbikeshop.com <--------where all the real squids hang out......
Old 01-27-2007, 03:01 AM
I Love To Post!

motopsyko32 will become famous soon enough

i didnt renew my subscription
Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Magnificent Ruffian

Joeyblitz is an unknown quantity at this point

I just fanned through it yesterday and I was shocked.Threw it right back on the rack. I really hate chromed out ,streched and customized bikes. They bore me to a coma. Very dissapointing.What the ****?????? Also cheesy when they put some hot chic on the cover.Don't get me wrong ,I love hotties, but if I wanna see them ,I'll look at hustler or some ****. God damn, Put some stunters on the covers doing sick *** moves!!!!

Last edited by Joeyblitz; 01-27-2007 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-27-2007, 09:17 AM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SmurfKilla
No doubt man ! I swear she has nothing better to do. As if she has been around long enough to write about stunt riders....

Excessa if you threw as much time into your "documentary" as you do lurking and trying to gain attention in these forums, that shiat would be done by now.

Between you, Bibo and a few other retards in here its barely worth the login.

SK
Smurfkilla, I am done now. And if you want a documentary to worry about, how about ******* make your own?

I always wondered how these tv shows would come along where people clearly participated in looking like an ***. Now I realize the subjects make you hate them long before the documentary is ever finished.

I'm throwing it away, twenty five grand down the drain because some of you guys think you're famous. I won't contribute more than I have. 25k on a documentary and 3k in quiet little sponsorships.

I had a lot of cool stuff lined up, too. I'm so disappointed. But I guess it's like wheelies, not everyone wants to see you shine. I'ma go shine somewhere else.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:12 AM

MannyFresh954 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by excessa
Smurfkilla, I am done now. And if you want a documentary to worry about, how about ******* make your own?

I always wondered how these tv shows would come along where people clearly participated in looking like an ***. Now I realize the subjects make you hate them long before the documentary is ever finished.

I'm throwing it away, twenty five grand down the drain because some of you guys think you're famous. I won't contribute more than I have. 25k on a documentary and 3k in quiet little sponsorships.

I had a lot of cool stuff lined up, too. I'm so disappointed. But I guess it's like wheelies, not everyone wants to see you shine. I'ma go shine somewhere else.
what the fu.ck are you talking about....? what the hell did you spend $25k on to make a video....? there is no way in hell that you put out half that....
Old 01-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

INSAIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by excessa

He called you out with your Documentary..........'Cause you been running off about it for a while now. SK has and is continuing his filmaking and producing and continues to be one of the better editor's in our small pond.

You don't get it ..... You have NO to LITTLE credit with 98% of this board. You sound like every other Promoter/Agent/Marketing Rep or whatever else you want to call yourself that has Big dreams with empty promises. We have all heard it before from many of different people that try and put a small or big stars into any of these riders eyes.

Not saying your intentions aren't in the right place...............But stop typing what you're going to do.....and start typing what you've accomplished.

Please don't reply by trying to question "what Have you done" I have a nice resume of what I have accomplished for my team..........I just don't type it out on everythread on every subject I reply to.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:52 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

i've heard from a VERY good source that SSB is going to focus more on drag racing and custom bikes more than stunting.....as far as good articles for them to write about....hmmmmmm not too many people spend a whole summer living in a different country and come back with magazine quality photo's and offer to bend over backwards to create a good article about and experience of a lifetime.........i am still waiting for the return phone call.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:35 PM
u of m still sux

Ryan Cramer is an unknown quantity at this point

i didnt even bother with the last issue
Old 01-29-2007, 10:14 AM

adamsf is an unknown quantity at this point

trust me, don't even bother....

thats amazing they won't even return a phone call on a story like spending the summer in china... unbelievable..
Old 01-29-2007, 11:27 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

I like money as much as the next guy, but when a magazine or anything gets bought up by corperate america, they ***** it out any way they can regardless if it ruins the content then get rid of it once it quits producin. SSB is a perfect example its only been a couple of months and already turns to bling bikes. why cant they use How to's, reader rides (not factory bikes anyone can buy at the local shop with a couple add ons) real stunt bikes that get ridden. All over this forum is stunters askin what others are usin as far as what brand and setup, how much tire pressure, why not focus on that. Little maitenance tips preventative steps for example how to wire your fan to run all the time, etc. All day I talk to people about bikes and stunting I cant believe there is no market for stunt only mag.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:33 AM

GAMstunts is an unknown quantity at this point

You can even put in stories from local bike nights or different spots groups get together and rip. Not just pro's either up and commers, wreck of the month. Put articles on how to fix most common problems, how to bleed brakes.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:21 PM

big dave is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
i've heard from a VERY good source that SSB is going to focus more on drag racing and custom bikes more than stunting.....as far as good articles for them to write about....hmmmmmm not too many people spend a whole summer living in a different country and come back with magazine quality photo's and offer to bend over backwards to create a good article about and experience of a lifetime.........i am still waiting for the return phone call.
I'd be more than happy to have a look. Send a few sample pics (one lead in/opening shot and two support shots) and a rough story outline to: david.sonsky@primedia.com
thx
Old 01-29-2007, 12:30 PM

MADEINDADE is a decent person

Someone Needs To Come Out With A Mag Just For Stunters And Keep It That Way!!!!
Old 01-29-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by MADEINDADE
Someone Needs To Come Out With A Mag Just For Stunters And Keep It That Way!!!!
...Or just do that.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:44 PM

charsha1 is an unknown quantity at this point

just do what i do most shows i go to or even riding with friends i just take my camera and take between 500-1000 pics so there has to be a few good ones.
check some out at www.pleasesmileforme.com
Old 01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

email sent.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:38 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

fvck superstreetbike magazine
Old 01-29-2007, 02:57 PM

nice Danger Dave, nice.

SSB was the headline sponsor at Stunt Wars and had 2 photographers working from Thursday to Sunday, yet somehow the mag sucks, it's all bling, it's abandoned the stunters, etc.

We've even posted on here asking for submissions and story ideas...guess how many have come through?
3. that's right...3.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:04 PM
brabuhburbuh

Danger_Dave can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by big dave
nice Danger Dave, nice.

SSB was the headline sponsor at Stunt Wars and had 2 photographers working from Thursday to Sunday, yet somehow the mag sucks, it's all bling, it's abandoned the stunters, etc.

We've even posted on here asking for submissions and story ideas...guess how many have come through?
3. that's right...3.
thats all hogwash. i go by what i see when i crack open that magazine, and all i see is a pile of crap. i want my money back and dont want any more of these toilet papers. theres plenty of stunt coverage out there, ofcourse only 3 people replied to your thing, its not their job to gather up material, its yours. just admit that money is the only thing that matters to 99% of people nowadays and blinged out squidbikes are what superstreetbike magazine has their heart set on.
Old 01-29-2007, 04:01 PM

SoCalRPM is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI -- I assigned a story to someone this past weekend on an idea she submitted for the premiere of FTP5.

Quick Reply: whats up with SSB Magazine..