tech questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 11:06 AM

helipilot is an unknown quantity at this point
tech questions

Just a couple of quick tech questions,

In my almost 17 years of riding, I've always played around doing wheelies, mostly 1st gear stuff. Most of my riding takes place in the twisty stuff but recently i've gotten the bug to start doing a little stunting. I've been slowly learning balance points of my 954 and think it's time to start learning some tricks of the trade.

1. Oil pickup, I've heard stories of guys spinning bearings in the engine. I've also heard of guys extending the oil pickups to keep from starving the engine during long wheelies. What all is envolved in doing this and are certain bikes more ceceptable to this problem then others. Know sence some of you spend as much time the *** of the bike in the air as the front does this mod effect the oil pick up during stoppies.

2. Air pressure, I've noticed in alot of the videos i've watched it appears that you have lowered the air pressure in your rear tire. I can understand doing this for low speed tricks but how does this effect the stability during a high speed wheelie, lets say 60+,again i do most of my riding in the twisty stuff so i'll have to make some compromisies.

3. Suspension, any suggestions aon suspension setups, preload,rebound,dampning. I want to keep the bike so it handles the curves but if there are some simple adjustments I can make to make it a little more user friendly when I decide to do some stunting.

Thanks in advance for any help