Stunting In X-games

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 09:30 AM

Venom600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Stunting In X-games

[quote=
Let's just keep doing what we are doing. I'll keep posting on stuntlife, hoping one day that I get to ride on the coat tails of the Stunting image and be "famous" and you guys keep bashing eachother for my amusement.[/quote]

the bashing is why I hardly post on the main forum but it is funny.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:51 AM
go **** yourself

brian127 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think stunting is almost tapped out. unless everyone starts doing stunts switchback. not to mention a really good stunt show cant be put on in a stadium.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:20 AM

Pflepnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
flat land bicycling didnt last long in the x games did it? cuz no one gives a ****. its not about hate, its about love. add money and corporate sponsors that have nothing to do with stunting(ie. mountain dew) and are only in it for the money and you lose the love. i wouldnt get upset if it got into the x games. i would still stunt bikes on the street and in the lots while it went there and for a long time after it was used up like a ***** by the x games and dropped off by the curb just like theyve done to many so called extreme sports. btw shut up youre a ***.

Exactly what I was thinking...just not the right fit
Old 07-23-2006, 10:22 AM

Pflepnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Z-UNIT
YOU SOUND REALLY GAY

Bwahaahahahahaha....
Old 07-23-2006, 01:38 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

I think the X games audience would be receptive to stunting. A lot like skating and other so called extreme sports, you are limited by the laws of physics and your own imagination. The element of danger is what the vicarous thrill seekers crave, and stunters offer that up by the pile.

Nothing trendy has longevity, the trick is to get trendy then transcend that. Look at pro bull riding, it's not baseball, but the sport compensates it's pros to the point of being a lucrative career for the talented.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:47 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by excessa
I think the X games audience would be receptive to stunting. A lot like skating and other so called extreme sports, you are limited by the laws of physics and your own imagination. The element of danger is what the vicarous thrill seekers crave, and stunters offer that up by the pile.

Nothing trendy has longevity, the trick is to get trendy then transcend that. Look at pro bull riding, it's not baseball, but the sport compensates it's pros to the point of being a lucrative career for the talented.
skaters catch 10 feet of air off of vert ramps, stunters jump around their bikes in a wheelie. when u look at the entertainment value of the two in the minds of someone who doesnt participate in either activity. anything that flies through the air is wayyyy more entertaining. evil knevil didnt make a living from riding wheelies(oh and he could do em) he made a living by launching himself over 20 cars.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:13 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

have you guys been watching speed vision or speed channel lately? we've been covered by several different audiences... Kane on the discovery channel... there's been two movies made of it (even though they were cheesy as hell... but look at the audience it grabbed and how many more people have bikes because of them)... have a little faith. publicity isn't such a bad thing to have... the people that are really trying to make this sport known, make it "mainstream" as you guys put it, ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!... knock on those heads of yours... and tell yourselves that the stunt riding scene is Picking up big and keeps GEtting bigger! and the bigger it becomes the more options you will have for your bikes/bodies to stunt ride..

I'm excited... and I love watching the growth and exposure we're getting... this year alone has been HUGE! Even in my hometown, I see kids left and right getting more and more involved in it...

it may not seem like it in your home town, but why do people tend to like to watch someone who takes it as a profession?... maybe look at Cali... Icon doesn't make their gear for nothing... full throttle didn't make hand brakes for nothing... 905racing... Freestyle... Allout-performance, Stuntragz... HAIbikeshop... Vortex coming out with nasty stuff... Shoei supporting it.. (seen the magazines??) Joe Rocket?? come on guys, are you blind?? i'm sure others can add to the list..
Old 07-23-2006, 03:17 PM

excessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud ofexcessa has much to be proud of

Speed and skill can entertain as well as big air can. I do know what you're saying, but I do think it's possible stunting could offset the big air sports nicely. As long as people don't run out of crazy **** to do, I doubt we'll ever run out of people wanting to watch.

i may be overly optimistic, but I've been a proponent of stunting going for the big money for a long time.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:22 PM

J-Boogie is a decent person

the negative people on this post are just so numb to think others would not! appreciate this sport because as stunters you are not as easily impreessed by trix cause we do em all day long, except for the really talented riders im allways impressed with them. but the average thrill seeker who live through us and our danger and excitment, they love it and support it. i did a show for the 4th of july and old peeps kids harley riders said it was a rush to just watch.
when i saw my first wheelie i felt the same way, yes im not as impressed now that i can do it but remeber, not every 1 will be able to do this stuff, i been ridin with guys who been at it for awhile and they still aint gettin it. so the really talented just like in any sport will dominate evolve and never be caught.
which will keep it interesting!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:29 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

there is an audience for stunt riding, its just not at the x games is what im trying to get through here. you cant add juggling to a monster truck show!!
Old 07-23-2006, 03:41 PM

Matt Gorka is a decent person

I hope it does. I hope it goes huge........That way I can....well, nevermind
Old 07-23-2006, 03:52 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RoadRashChic
have you guys been watching speed vision or speed channel lately? we've been covered by several different audiences... Kane on the discovery channel... there's been two movies made of it (even though they were cheesy as hell... but look at the audience it grabbed and how many more people have bikes because of them)... have a little faith. publicity isn't such a bad thing to have... the people that are really trying to make this sport known, make it "mainstream" as you guys put it, ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!... knock on those heads of yours... and tell yourselves that the stunt riding scene is Picking up big and keeps GEtting bigger! and the bigger it becomes the more options you will have for your bikes/bodies to stunt ride..

I'm excited... and I love watching the growth and exposure we're getting... this year alone has been HUGE! Even in my hometown, I see kids left and right getting more and more involved in it...

it may not seem like it in your home town, but why do people tend to like to watch someone who takes it as a profession?... maybe look at Cali... Icon doesn't make their gear for nothing... full throttle didn't make hand brakes for nothing... 905racing... Freestyle... Allout-performance, Stuntragz... HAIbikeshop... Vortex coming out with nasty stuff... Shoei supporting it.. (seen the magazines??) Joe Rocket?? come on guys, are you blind?? i'm sure others can add to the list..

+1 very well put. it's getting bigger and bigger and the competetion level is growing every day. some other people posted that it's not as much of a rush to watch someone doing the same stuff as you, well thats where competition comes into effect. look at it like this, count how many people that could be pro level in your area, now find out how many people live in your region. even though it seems like there is a billion stunters these days compared to the numbers of the general population that can't even ride a wheelie on a bicycle our numbers are small, and it's a whole different thing than dirt jumping a motocross bike. we are not riding bikes that are 220 lbs. we are riding bikes that are 375 + with lots of horsepower and it's not something that everyone can do. some people are scared to even try and ride a sportbike and we are doing a very large list of tricks on them. I've had oldschool harley riders (and they don't like sportbikes to begin with) come up to us and say damn that is the baddest **** ever and they love watchin. my crew did a little charity stunt show for this orphan kid program that was a car show with BAD *** CARS and all the kids didn't give a crap about the old cars, it was all about watching us ride. the audience is getting bigger and bigger and there is way too many negative people that think this can't go anywhere. well I got news it is going somewhere and it's getting bigger. we love doin this stuff and why the hell wouldn't we want to turn this into something big that we can actually get paid for. that's the American dream right? get paid to do something you love. that's how I look at it.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:56 PM

Schooler is a decent person

u guys write mto much..its simple.....would you wrather watch someone bowl..or a true professional like cp for example do a 15 min stunt show.....how bout a round of golf compared ot a stunt show...how bout those stupid dogg shows where the dogg jumps as far as it cna...vs a 15 min stunt show by cp...or how bout the lumbverjack challenge..or a spectacular death defying stunt show.yeha dogg
Old 07-23-2006, 03:57 PM
WWW.IDOLRIDERS.COM

MikeOnTheBike is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^ +1
Old 07-23-2006, 04:09 PM

Jessica Maine is a decent person

Originally Posted by Schooler
u guys write mto much..its simple.....would you wrather watch someone bowl..or a true professional like cp for example do a 15 min stunt show.....how bout a round of golf compared ot a stunt show...how bout those stupid dogg shows where the dogg jumps as far as it cna...vs a 15 min stunt show by cp...or how bout the lumbverjack challenge..or a spectacular death defying stunt show.yeha dogg
you going riding today?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:12 PM

Schooler is a decent person

Originally Posted by RoadRashChic
you going riding today?
i wish i was!****..i havent ridden in 5 days! seems like forever..ill be abck in albuquerque on monday...
Old 07-23-2006, 04:41 PM

#1legspreader is an unknown quantity at this point

x games dont give a **** about stunt riding. i dont know why anyone ever talks about it. **** isnt going to happen. if your not flying through the air over a big *** jump then the simple minds of most americans arent going to understand. smoking tires and back flips off of watchtowers will get old real fast for x games fans when theres some dude doing double backflips over an 80 foot jump on his mx bike.

the mx guys and bmx guys killed it this year in the X-games. they're craaaazy!

stunting in the X-games.

stunting should have it's own show where some really good stunters go from town to town and stunt with the town locals. some new things could be discoverd this way. i think that would be tight...

and goddamn why is there paintballing on ESPN??? please someone tell me.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:07 PM

nos96f22 is an unknown quantity at this point

skaters catch 10 feet of air off of vert ramps, stunters jump around their bikes in a wheelie. when u look at the entertainment value of the two in the minds of someone who doesnt participate in either activity. anything that flies through the air is wayyyy more entertaining. evil knevil didnt make a living from riding wheelies(oh and he could do em) he made a living by launching himself over 20 cars.

10 year olds can buy a skate board.. not a motorcycle..think about it
Old 07-23-2006, 05:50 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

i dont know i can see both sides of the arguing... but im still not to sure what side to take... i like the point of it staying underground.... but im not sure, if they wanted me to ride in the x-games i probly would.... and im sure alot of the top riders would too....
Old 07-23-2006, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Matt Gorka
I hope it does. I hope it goes huge........That way I can....well, nevermind

If you were going to say "bang groupies" I feel ya.

Quick Reply: Stunting In X-games