Am i being an A**hole????

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 04:08 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold
Re: Am i being an A**hole????

that's bullshit... i met my chick before i got a bike.. so since i got a bike and fell in love with riding after i met her, i should ditch the bike... typical female perspective, if it's love and supposed to work, why does it have to be about sacrifice? if it's meant to be shouldn't there be no sacrifice involved?
Old 01-06-2006, 04:20 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Great post Schwartz, Kids without a doubt must come first. For most of us this stunt / bike thing is just a hobby. But if you are spending more time trying to learn circles than having fun with your kids, u might need to re-evaluate..

Marriage and having Kids is one big compromise. Stunting is my only hobby but I would give it up in a hearbeat if I even remotely thought it was forcing me to be a neglectful father...

Personally I stopped riding on the streets now b/c I feel I no longer have the luxury to make that decision by myself. When you have little ones to feed and protect, there are just some sacrifices that need to be made...

Sure stuntn the lot isnt 100 percent safe, but if done responsibly I can still have a bag load of fun at the same time eliminating the possibility of the 80 year old grannie taking me out on the highway..

Cheers

Dave

Originally Posted by Schwartz
You both are being true to your feelings...

Your statement here says a lot to me...

What about not riding for her??

What it says to me is there are two options for you but none for her...

Compromise...

You have a child now. Don't wake up 12 years from wishing you had spent more time with your kid...

There has got to be a middle ground, listen to her side of it and find the middle ground...
Old 01-06-2006, 04:30 PM

stuntf@n is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't say anything about a guy getting a bike after having a girlfriend, or ditching the bike for a girl. I just said that a girl has no right in trying to change, or complain to a guy if she already knew he rode or stunted.
If you got a bike after meeting your girl, good for you. If she likes it, good for both of you, then nobody's complaining.

With a child he needs to be a little bit cautious, or safe. That's all I'm saying.
Old 01-06-2006, 06:21 PM

urban_fusion is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know, seems to me that if she truly loved you she would understand and accept the fact that you ride. Either that or it's a girlie control thing... see, once some girls get a hold of one part of your life they seem to want to enter and control another part of your life... on and on untill your whole life is completly controlled and "dedicated" to her... that ain't right, and shouldn't be tollerated! This is what happens when girls don't have any hobbies of their own... you become their hobby!

Also, this could be a warning sign, there could be something deeper than your stunting affecting her... my experience, when girls start asking you to give things up that are important to you... well, they're pretty much ASKING for you to dump them so they don't have to do it themselves. Not always the case... but a possibility non the less.

Just my

Hope things work out for you in both areas of your life!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:16 PM

SlitZ is a decent person

if you stunted when you met her then she should deal with it.. thats who you are
Old 01-07-2006, 06:13 AM

AzN~BoI_585 is an unknown quantity at this point

Heres my thing...the girl whos worth it to stop riding, will never ask you to...simple as that.
Old 01-07-2006, 07:31 AM
Yes guys, it really is me

-Ludo is a decent person

i was with a girl for a few years and got into stuntin somewhere in the middle.
she starts tellin me i cant go to bike events and i need to spend my weekends with her, that she's second best to my bike. it's her or the bike???
so she's gone now and i get myself a new bike as well
Also i've met a girl now when we was at a show stuntin so she know what i do and if she dont like it then tuff ****.
you cant live your life wishing you done somethin, you gota do what you gota do.
As for your kid i cant say on that as i dont have kids, but i know for sure there will come before anythin else in my life but no girl will ever do that.

good luck mate, do the right thing for you
Old 01-07-2006, 11:21 AM

f4hIgh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all for the input. :YEAH

I met her half way and will keep it in the lots, and after my daughter goes to bed so that i dont miss anything as a family.
If thats not enough for her F*ck it...I tried and she's gotta do what she's gotta do.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by f4hIgh
Thank you all for the input. :YEAH

I met her half way and will keep it in the lots, and after my daughter goes to bed so that i dont miss anything as a family.
If thats not enough for her F*ck it...I tried and she's gotta do what she's gotta do.

Are you serous?

How old are you??

Very responsible choice..

You can still do it with a passion..
Old 01-07-2006, 12:56 PM
I Love To Post!

Schwartz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by urban_fusion
I don't know, seems to me that if she truly loved you she would understand and accept the fact that you ride. Either that or it's a girlie control thing... see, once some girls get a hold of one part of your life they seem to want to enter and control another part of your life... on and on untill your whole life is completly controlled and "dedicated" to her... that ain't right, and shouldn't be tollerated! This is what happens when girls don't have any hobbies of their own... you become their hobby!

Also, this could be a warning sign, there could be something deeper than your stunting affecting her... my experience, when girls start asking you to give things up that are important to you... well, they're pretty much ASKING for you to dump them so they don't have to do it themselves. Not always the case... but a possibility non the less.

Just my

Hope things work out for you in both areas of your life!
WOW!!!

Good thoughts!!!
Old 01-07-2006, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Schwartz
Are you serous?

How old are you??

Very responsible choice..

You can still do it with a passion..
Thanks bro...and
yeah i'm serious !!

i'm 22
Old 01-07-2006, 02:51 PM

rtpassini is an unknown quantity at this point

heres the thing. you need to be there for your kid.
motorcycles in general are a very selfish hobby. from what i gathered on most of these posts, is that there are too many immature people.
your kid needs you there, and your g/f also needs you to be there.
by you having sex and having that kid, that means you need to take all the responsibilites that go with it. dont screw the poor kid over because your selfish and want to do what you want.
i dont blame you at all. but you need to seriously think about this. if something happens, it now will effect MORE than just you. but good luck.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dudeman47
i have an agreement with my g/f that I'm gonna ride, regardless of what she says. she never will ask me to choose the bike or her. she's giving you an ultimadem (I spelled that really wrong), and that's not right. Not telling you what to do, but it's a hard situation to be in.
Same. I was reading the thread about what have you lost and told mine that I'd be like that. She once asked me if I had to choose what would it be so I told her the bike because if she made me choose she isn't worth it.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 01:09 PM
B.T.M.

crtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to beholdcrtchrktrcr is a splendid one to behold

umm i think your daughter should leave you, since you are a flake! you never showed up! better have a good excuse!
Old 01-09-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
umm i think your daughter should leave you, since you are a flake! you never showed up! better have a good excuse!

I do!
but a flake?
i tell this guy to hit me up when he goes to the spot..
he says "ok"
then i'm sittin' around and call him to see if they're gonna ride so i can get sh*t done and get there
and he's already there!!! no heads up or nothin'? who's leavin who hangin'?

J/p i'll make it up!
Old 01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
B.T.M.

yeah and then i talked to you, and said you needed to find a ramp to load your bike, then would be on your way..... i guess u're still lookin?
Old 01-09-2006, 02:54 PM

Eric Whitcomb is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha, Welcome to my world. J/K a little.

I just flipped a stoppy at 50 and broke my collar bone in 2 places, 9 months ago I put my fingers through the sprocket and had surgery to replace one. This last accident my fiance wanted me to stop too. We had a discussion, came to the conclusion that I'm not going to stop stunting. I can totally see her point, she love me and doesnt' want me to get hurt but at the same time she really doesn't want to ask me to stop doing something I love to do.

There has to be some kind of comprimise, right? Who knows. I promised to wear a jacket when I do stoppies. Will it help? Well it will make her feel better.

Try this. Show her one of the OG las vegas extreme videos where fools are eating **** on the freeway doing 90. The reality of it is, we are going way slower and the danger level is way down from what it used to be. I think my girl understands that I'm going to get hurt from time to time but if I can minimize it, it makes her a little happier. At least we aren't doing FMX, now those guys bust up their bodies.

Be careful out there man, you do have the responsibilty of a kid to take care of too.

I hope this helps. I just wanted to let you know I'm going through pretty much the same thing
Old 01-09-2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by crtchrktrcr
yeah and then i talked to you, and said you needed to find a ramp to load your bike, then would be on your way..... i guess u're still lookin?

yeah actual.. .do you have an extra or know where i can get one to get by?

ANd good lookin out E-dub :YEAH
Old 01-09-2006, 03:19 PM

OLIVER is an unknown quantity at this point

you dont want to break up your home, you got a kid. take care of him .
she doesnt want you to ride cause shes scared your gonna get seriously hurt ot worse. so by her telling you she will leave she wants to hear you say ok ill stop. why dont you put the bike away , chill out and have a talk with her. break her in slowly and wear your gear and do what it takes to convice her you are 100% safe.

Yo Edub! Eric.

Hope you get better man sorry bout the wreck.