More Power, More Power, More Power - Stunt Bike Forum

Go Back  Stunt Bike Forum > Main Discussion Forums > General Sportbike Discussion
Reload this Page >

More Power, More Power, More Power

More Power, More Power, More Power

Reply

 
 
 
Old 03-31-2004, 01:34 AM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
dream728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: detroit, MI
Age: 35
Posts: 94
dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
More Power, More Power, More Power

i know you can regear a bike to get a lil more torque, but what can you do to really add more horsepower? I know they say putting on a K and N air filter can help, but how much can they really help? What can you really do? Im looking to gain like 10HP. Please Please Please Please Please Help!!!!!!!!
dream728 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:15 AM
  #2  
WHEELIES "R" US
 
Jope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chicago,Il
Age: 40
Posts: 4,452
Jope is a decent person
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by dream728
i know you can regear a bike to get a lil more torque, but what can you do to really add more horsepower? I know they say putting on a K and N air filter can help, but how much can they really help? What can you really do? Im looking to gain like 10HP. Please Please Please Please Please Help!!!!!!!!

Or you can get a biger bike
Jope is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:18 AM
  #3  
Registered User
 
xraycatj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: FtC, CO
Age: 38
Posts: 1,171
xraycatj is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

There's a few things here.

http://mototuneusa.com/thanx.htm
xraycatj is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:34 AM
  #4  
Group Moderator
 
JackassRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: everywhere
Age: 49
Posts: 1,062
JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Yo..Dream..I had an 01YZF600r. M4 exhaust and K&N Dynojet kit gave me like 6hp and and a lot more mid torque (threw my dyno sheets out so I dont have exact #'s) . Port and polish from 4+6 racing in Skokie,IL gave me +10hp and more TQ again. I was over 100 RWHP. Like it was said..for these mods u r lookin at 1500+..easy..if u pull the engine.
JackassRR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:10 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
dream728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: detroit, MI
Age: 35
Posts: 94
dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by JackassRR
Yo..Dream..I had an 01YZF600r. M4 exhaust and K&N Dynojet kit gave me like 6hp and and a lot more mid torque (threw my dyno sheets out so I dont have exact #'s) . Port and polish from 4+6 racing in Skokie,IL gave me +10hp and more TQ again. I was over 100 RWHP. Like it was said..for these mods u r lookin at 1500+..easy..if u pull the engine.

was your M4 a ful exhaust or a slip on? And exactly what is Port and polish from 4+6 racing? and what do u mean by "pull the engine"
dream728 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:16 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington
Age: 36
Posts: 1,600
Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by dream728
i know you can regear a bike to get a lil more torque, but what can you do to really add more horsepower? I know they say putting on a K and N air filter can help, but how much can they really help? What can you really do? Im looking to gain like 10HP. Please Please Please Please Please Help!!!!!!!!
You're gonna need more than a K&N to gain horse! You're also gonna need a slip-on and power commander to gain much of anything. If you do one and not the others, you're only cheating yourself. Since your bike doesn't have an O2 sensor, it wont learn to give it more air just because you have a high air flow filter on it. So....it actually wont do **** for ya! On the other hand, you put a different filter on (that takes care of the intake) a slip-on (that takes care of the exhaust) and put a power commander on it, (that takes care of the mapping) then you are all set. Of course, like JackassRR said, you can also port and polish the bitch too! thats a lot of work though. And means pulling the engine, just like it sounds...take it out of th bike.
Luke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:38 PM
  #7  
Group Moderator
 
JackassRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: everywhere
Age: 49
Posts: 1,062
JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

You won't need a power commander. Just a jet kit since your bike is carburated.
I had a full system (500-650 bucks). Port and polish = open up and match the intake and exhaust ports for better flow and fuel air mix (intake side), mill the head for a bit more compression, grind the valves for better flow into the cylinder. The engine has to be removed from the bike..or they can do it for $$$.
JackassRR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 01:50 PM
  #8  
Registered User
 
Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington
Age: 36
Posts: 1,600
Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Im sorry...I forgot the yammies werent fuel injected! I just figured everyone was as up to date as Suzuki! Yes, Jackass is right...just jet it!
Luke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:35 PM
  #9  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
dream728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: detroit, MI
Age: 35
Posts: 94
dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by JackassRR
You won't need a power commander. Just a jet kit since your bike is carburated.
I had a full system (500-650 bucks). Port and polish = open up and match the intake and exhaust ports for better flow and fuel air mix (intake side), mill the head for a bit more compression, grind the valves for better flow into the cylinder. The engine has to be removed from the bike..or they can do it for $$$.

How much of a difference would it make if i had a D+D slip-on instead of full exhaust, with the K&N air filter, and jetted kit? And how much easier were wheelies to do after you made the changes jackass? were you able to roll on and ge tthe front up a lil bit or did u still have topower it up or clutch it?
dream728 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:21 PM
  #10  
G97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: torrance,ca
Posts: 105
G97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by dream728
was your M4 a ful exhaust or a slip on? And exactly what is Port and polish from 4+6 racing? and what do u mean by "pull the engine"

Dude, sell your bike at once.
G97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 08:36 PM
  #11  
Super-Thread-editor
 
Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Back in Indiana,(Muncie)
Age: 37
Posts: 7,327
Erik will become famous soon enough
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by G97

Dude, sell your bike at once.
:YEAH
Erik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:15 PM
  #12  
Regular StuntLifer
 
WILLIS69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ROCK ISLAND, IL
Posts: 242
WILLIS69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

If you add a full exhaust you will loose much of your low end power. If you are trying to stunt it would be a waste of money. If you are into racing and top speed shyt go for it. A slip on and power commander would be cheaper and more effective for stunting if you just have to add more horsepower. Gearing would be the most effective thing for you to do tho. You probably have more than enough horsepower. Gearing will add more torque that will help you wheelie easier. If you buy a slip-on or full exhaust you risk damaging them if you go down while stunting. Then you have to buy new exhaust again. Just my . Just gear it nice.
WILLIS69 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 11:34 PM
  #13  
check out F.T.P. beaumont
 
saleensdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: beaumont,texas
Age: 40
Posts: 161
saleensdaddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Man Willis69's right, just gear it and shut up quit asking the same dumb *** questions when someones already answered them. iI went 2 down and 10 up I love it,just do it DONT BE A PUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saleensdaddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:10 AM
  #14  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
dream728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: detroit, MI
Age: 35
Posts: 94
dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by saleensdaddy
Man Willis69's right, just gear it and shut up quit asking the same dumb *** questions when someones already answered them. iI went 2 down and 10 up I love it,just do it DONT BE A PUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
who the hell is asking the same *** dumb question, you need to watch what you say and who you say it to
dream728 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:55 AM
  #15  
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!
 
fabes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
Age: 38
Posts: 1,657
fabes can only hope to improve
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

*** the K&N air filter, it's wont do **** unless you change your air box. You will actually lose HP if you just throw in a K&N air filter with out a new air box. Get a slip on if you want to keep the low end band, jet that ****, get a throttle slide stop kit, Velocity Stack Kit, go down at least 1 tooth in the front, hell even throw some NOS on that bitch. To tell you the truth I don't even think they make Velocity Stack Kit, slide stop kits or air box for your bike.You can look and see if they do but I looked at Graves and they don't. Trade the bike in and go with a R1

Last edited by fabes; 04-01-2004 at 05:07 AM.
fabes is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 12:33 PM
  #16  
Super-Thread-editor
 
Erik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Back in Indiana,(Muncie)
Age: 37
Posts: 7,327
Erik will become famous soon enough
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by dream728
who the hell is asking the same *** dumb question, you need to watch what you say and who you say it to
He's saying you're assking the same questions 100's of other people have asked before. If you do a "Search" of the forums you can find plenty of answers w/o posting a thread. Just my Don't have to go ape-**** about it.
Erik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 01:27 PM
  #17  
G97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: torrance,ca
Posts: 105
G97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by fabes
*** the K&N air filter, it's wont do **** unless you change your air box. You will actually lose HP if you just throw in a K&N air filter with out a new air box. Get a slip on if you want to keep the low end band, jet that ****, get a throttle slide stop kit, Velocity Stack Kit, go down at least 1 tooth in the front, hell even throw some NOS on that bitch. To tell you the truth I don't even think they make Velocity Stack Kit, slide stop kits or air box for your bike.You can look and see if they do but I looked at Graves and they don't. Trade the bike in and go with a R1
The poor guy canít even comprehend what pulling the motor means. After he reads your post I think his brain will swell up and explode.
G97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:59 PM
  #18  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
dream728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: detroit, MI
Age: 35
Posts: 94
dream728 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by G97
The poor guy canít even comprehend what pulling the motor means. After he reads your post I think his brain will swell up and explode.

lol, i cant help but laugh! i did comprehend what "pulling" the motor meant, but i just wanted to make sure cuz somepeople use the same terms for different thing. one guy on here told me pulling the motor meant keeping in in the power band. so i was just making sure but as far as a throttle stoper doo-hikkie or what ever he was talking about on that post beats the hell out of me
dream728 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:00 PM
  #19  
Registered User
 
Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington
Age: 36
Posts: 1,600
Luke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by dream728
lol, i cant help but laugh! i did comprehend what "pulling" the motor meant, but i just wanted to make sure cuz somepeople use the same terms for different thing. one guy on here told me pulling the motor meant keeping in in the power band. so i was just making sure but as far as a throttle stoper doo-hikkie or what ever he was talking about on that post beats the hell out of me
Luke is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 05:28 PM
  #20  
Registered User
 
Jay6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland, ME
Age: 38
Posts: 6,109
Jay6 is a decent person
Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

Originally Posted by dream728
How much of a difference would it make if i had a D+D slip-on instead of full exhaust, with the K&N air filter, and jetted kit? And how much easier were wheelies to do after you made the changes jackass? were you able to roll on and ge tthe front up a lil bit or did u still have topower it up or clutch it?
I didnt think there was much of a difference horsepower wise when it comes to a full system or a slipon. Isnt the pipe from the manifold to the slip the same as the stock?
Jay6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
codyf44
Stunt Discussion
1
09-15-2014 10:34 PM
C-Dub
Stunt Discussion
2
05-17-2014 11:04 PM
slightlystoopid
Bikes for Sale
1
04-10-2013 10:19 PM
dropNdestroy
Bike Parts for Sale
1
10-17-2012 05:45 PM
GSE Anthony
GodSpeed Extreme - GSE
7
12-16-2002 02:14 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More Power, More Power, More Power


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.