Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   General Sportbike Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion)
-   -   More Power, More Power, More Power (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/164-general-sportbike-discussion/66872-more-power-more-power.html)

dream728 03-31-2004 12:34 AM

More Power, More Power, More Power

i know you can regear a bike to get a lil more torque, but what can you do to really add more horsepower? I know they say putting on a K and N air filter can help, but how much can they really help? What can you really do? Im looking to gain like 10HP. Please Please Please Please Please Help!!!!!!!!

Jope 03-31-2004 01:15 AM

Re: More Power, More Power, More Power

[QUOTE=dream728]i know you can regear a bike to get a lil more torque, but what can you do to really add more horsepower? I know they say putting on a K and N air filter can help, but how much can they really help? What can you really do? Im looking to gain like 10HP. Please Please Please Please Please Help!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Or you can get a biger bike :rolleyes:

xraycatj 03-31-2004 01:18 AM

There's a few things here.

[url]http://mototuneusa.com/thanx.htm[/url]

JackassRR 03-31-2004 01:34 AM

Yo..Dream..I had an 01YZF600r. M4 exhaust and K&N Dynojet kit gave me like 6hp and and a lot more mid torque (threw my dyno sheets out so I dont have exact #'s) . Port and polish from 4+6 racing in Skokie,IL gave me +10hp and more TQ again. I was over 100 RWHP. Like it was said..for these mods u r lookin at 1500+..easy..if u pull the engine.

dream728 03-31-2004 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=JackassRR]Yo..Dream..I had an 01YZF600r. M4 exhaust and K&N Dynojet kit gave me like 6hp and and a lot more mid torque (threw my dyno sheets out so I dont have exact #'s) . Port and polish from 4+6 racing in Skokie,IL gave me +10hp and more TQ again. I was over 100 RWHP. Like it was said..for these mods u r lookin at 1500+..easy..if u pull the engine.[/QUOTE]

was your M4 a ful exhaust or a slip on? And exactly what is Port and polish from 4+6 racing? and what do u mean by "pull the engine"

Luke 03-31-2004 12:16 PM

[QUOTE=dream728]i know you can regear a bike to get a lil more torque, but what can you do to really add more horsepower? I know they say putting on a K and N air filter can help, but how much can they really help? What can you really do? Im looking to gain like 10HP. Please Please Please Please Please Help!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

You're gonna need more than a K&N to gain horse! You're also gonna need a slip-on and power commander to gain much of anything. If you do one and not the others, you're only cheating yourself. Since your bike doesn't have an O2 sensor, it wont learn to give it more air just because you have a high air flow filter on it. So....it actually wont do shit for ya! On the other hand, you put a different filter on (that takes care of the intake) a slip-on (that takes care of the exhaust) and put a power commander on it, (that takes care of the mapping) then you are all set. Of course, like JackassRR said, you can also port and polish the bitch too! thats a lot of work though. And means pulling the engine, just like it sounds...take it out of th bike.

JackassRR 03-31-2004 12:38 PM

You won't need a power commander. Just a jet kit since your bike is carburated.
I had a full system (500-650 bucks). Port and polish = open up and match the intake and exhaust ports for better flow and fuel air mix (intake side), mill the head for a bit more compression, grind the valves for better flow into the cylinder. The engine has to be removed from the bike..or they can do it for $$$.

Luke 03-31-2004 12:50 PM

Im sorry...I forgot the yammies werent fuel injected! I just figured everyone was as up to date as Suzuki! :) Yes, Jackass is right...just jet it!

dream728 03-31-2004 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=JackassRR]You won't need a power commander. Just a jet kit since your bike is carburated.
I had a full system (500-650 bucks). Port and polish = open up and match the intake and exhaust ports for better flow and fuel air mix (intake side), mill the head for a bit more compression, grind the valves for better flow into the cylinder. The engine has to be removed from the bike..or they can do it for $$$.[/QUOTE]

How much of a difference would it make if i had a D+D slip-on instead of full exhaust, with the K&N air filter, and jetted kit? And how much easier were wheelies to do after you made the changes jackass? were you able to roll on and ge tthe front up a lil bit or did u still have topower it up or clutch it?

G97 03-31-2004 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=dream728]was your M4 a ful exhaust or a slip on? And exactly what is Port and polish from 4+6 racing? and what do u mean by "pull the engine"[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:
Dude, sell your bike at once.

Erik 03-31-2004 07:36 PM

[QUOTE=G97]:rolleyes:
Dude, sell your bike at once.[/QUOTE]

:lol :YEAH

WILLIS69 03-31-2004 10:15 PM

If you add a full exhaust you will loose much of your low end power. If you are trying to stunt it would be a waste of money. If you are into racing and top speed shyt go for it. A slip on and power commander would be cheaper and more effective for stunting if you just have to add more horsepower. Gearing would be the most effective thing for you to do tho. You probably have more than enough horsepower. Gearing will add more torque that will help you wheelie easier. If you buy a slip-on or full exhaust you risk damaging them if you go down while stunting. Then you have to buy new exhaust again. Just my :2cents . Just gear it nice.

saleensdaddy 03-31-2004 10:34 PM

Man Willis69's right, just gear it and shut up quit asking the same dumb ass questions when someones already answered them. iI went 2 down and 10 up I love it,just do it DONT BE A PUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :apimp :badcop

dream728 04-01-2004 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=saleensdaddy]Man Willis69's right, just gear it and shut up quit asking the same dumb ass questions when someones already answered them. iI went 2 down and 10 up I love it,just do it DONT BE A PUSSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :apimp :badcop[/QUOTE]
who the hell is asking the same ass dumb question, you need to watch what you say and who you say it to

fabes 04-01-2004 03:55 AM

fuk the K&N air filter, it's wont do shit unless you change your air box. You will actually lose HP if you just throw in a K&N air filter with out a new air box. Get a slip on if you want to keep the low end band, jet that shit, get a throttle slide stop kit, Velocity Stack Kit, go down at least 1 tooth in the front, hell even throw some NOS on that bitch. To tell you the truth I don't even think they make Velocity Stack Kit, slide stop kits or air box for your bike.You can look and see if they do but I looked at Graves and they don't. Trade the bike in and go with a R1 :cheers

Erik 04-01-2004 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=dream728]who the hell is asking the same ass dumb question, you need to watch what you say and who you say it to[/QUOTE]

He's saying you're assking the same questions 100's of other people have asked before. If you do a "Search" of the forums you can find plenty of answers w/o posting a thread. Just my :2cents Don't have to go ape-shit about it.

G97 04-01-2004 12:27 PM

[QUOTE=fabes]fuk the K&N air filter, it's wont do shit unless you change your air box. You will actually lose HP if you just throw in a K&N air filter with out a new air box. Get a slip on if you want to keep the low end band, jet that shit, get a throttle slide stop kit, Velocity Stack Kit, go down at least 1 tooth in the front, hell even throw some NOS on that bitch. To tell you the truth I don't even think they make Velocity Stack Kit, slide stop kits or air box for your bike.You can look and see if they do but I looked at Graves and they don't. Trade the bike in and go with a R1 :cheers[/QUOTE]

The poor guy can’t even comprehend what pulling the motor means. After he reads your post I think his brain will swell up and explode. :laughing

dream728 04-01-2004 03:59 PM

[QUOTE=G97]The poor guy can’t even comprehend what pulling the motor means. After he reads your post I think his brain will swell up and explode. :laughing[/QUOTE]

:laughing lol, i cant help but laugh! i did comprehend what "pulling" the motor meant, but i just wanted to make sure cuz somepeople use the same terms for different thing. one guy on here told me pulling the motor meant keeping in in the power band. so i was just making sure but as far as a throttle stoper doo-hikkie or what ever he was talking about on that post beats the hell out of me

Luke 04-01-2004 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=dream728]:laughing lol, i cant help but laugh! i did comprehend what "pulling" the motor meant, but i just wanted to make sure cuz somepeople use the same terms for different thing. one guy on here told me pulling the motor meant keeping in in the power band. so i was just making sure but as far as a throttle stoper doo-hikkie or what ever he was talking about on that post beats the hell out of me[/QUOTE]

:laughing :laughing :laughing

Jay6 04-01-2004 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=dream728]How much of a difference would it make if i had a D+D slip-on instead of full exhaust, with the K&N air filter, and jetted kit? And how much easier were wheelies to do after you made the changes jackass? were you able to roll on and ge tthe front up a lil bit or did u still have topower it up or clutch it?[/QUOTE]

I didnt think there was much of a difference horsepower wise when it comes to a full system or a slipon. Isnt the pipe from the manifold to the slip the same as the stock?