Round Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM

ReSpECT is a decent person
Re: Round Bar

Flip a stoppie with that bar bent upwards like that, and u'll regret every minute of it.....Its bad enough to have a bar hit u, but to have one bent upward (which is downward when the stoppie flips). Thats just asking for trouble......my 2 cents
Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

Its better then a flat bar hitting you ... At least that has rounded edges
Old 02-18-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by T/C
Its better then a flat bar hitting you ... At least that has rounded edges
Yeah but point i was getting it, is that the bar is pointed down directly at u. So when the bike flips, the bar itself hits u with more pressure........The flat bar alone hurts, but knowledge of design will tell u that round one would hurt like hell bent that way......Now IF it were just a round bar with no bend, then it probably wouldnt hurt much at all

Just remember everything has its advantage and disadvantages. Pain is the disadvantage of that bar LoL

I personally dont see the purpose of anything, besides just a normal round bar. Its not like the bend in the bar is helping u that much. You can 12 a round bar and ride it at 12 all day long (with a little practice). So why would u need to bend it upwards. Just keep it normal and not live to regret it

Last edited by ReSpECT; 02-18-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:13 PM

crzyaccrd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
Yeah but point i was getting it, is that the bar is pointed down directly at u. So when the bike flips, the bar itself hits u with more pressure........
Exactly what i was thinking!! I'll just leave mine at fender length with out any crazy bends the bash my back or skull....well helmet
Old 02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
T/C
Squid...

Yeah but point i was getting it, is that the bar is pointed down directly at u. So when the bike flips, the bar itself hits u with more pressure........The flat bar alone hurts, but knowledge of design will tell u that round one would hurt like hell bent that way......Now IF it were just a round bar with no bend, then it probably wouldnt hurt much at all

Just remember everything has its advantage and disadvantages. Pain is the disadvantage of that bar LoL

I personally dont see the purpose of anything, besides just a normal round bar. Its not like the bend in the bar is helping u that much. You can 12 a round bar and ride it at 12 all day long (with a little practice). So why would u need to bend it upwards. Just keep it normal and not live to regret it
He wants a place for his foot to rest better...

I used to think i was going to make a round bar but i dig the 12 bar for foot in bar stuff
Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 PM
T/C
Squid...

Originally Posted by crzyaccrd
Exactly what i was thinking!! I'll just leave mine at fender length with out any crazy bends the bash my back or skull....well helmet
I refuse to ride a 50 with a helmet i don't care how much **** people give me... I have crashed over and over and everytime i either fall on my *** or i just stand up and let the bike fly i can fall harder if i trip walking down the side walk
Old 02-18-2010, 03:18 PM

Criscone24 is a decent person

Ford F150 U-Bolt with a couple clamps on each side. Done deal, cheap and effective.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Just make the round bar come out about as far as the 50stunt bar. I'm sure we all have ours at different lengths anyways. Some people like it shorter and some like it longer. Just figure where u are comfortable with it. Then put the round bar at the same distance.......No matter what length u put a round bar. Your foot will never rest comfortable in it as it does the flat bar. I mean lets face it, ur putting ur foot on a rounded surface not a flat surface..........Once again, advantages and disadvantages.

Originally Posted by T/C
I refuse to ride a 50 with a helmet i don't care how much **** people give me... I have crashed over and over and everytime i either fall on my *** or i just stand up and let the bike fly i can fall harder if i trip walking down the side walk
U havent practiced stoppies enough to flip them YET, LoL.......When u do, u'll start wearing a helmet, hehe

Last edited by ReSpECT; 02-18-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:25 PM
T/C
Squid...

Just make the round bar come out about as far as the 50stunt bar. I'm sure we all have ours at different lengths anyways. Some people like it shorter and some like it longer. Just figure where u are comfortable with it. Then put the round bar at the same distance.......No matter what length u put a round bar. Your foot will never rest comfortable in it as it does the flat bar. I mean lets face it, ur putting ur foot on a rounded surface not a flat surface..........Once again, advantages and disadvantages.
There argument for that was that they are wanting it shorter then the 50stunt 12 bar cause they dont have brackets to make it stronger... So they dont want the leverage ******* up there sub frame but they still want room and something to help keep there foot on the bar... Thats what i got out of it atleast...

Like you said 12 bar works great for what i want (Foot in bar) So i decided to stay with it i am not arguing just saying what there reasoning is
Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM

Well they need to use the 50stunt bracket and plave the round bar in it. This way it is adjustable (and it has some give to it). IF they start welding the round bar to the subframe, they will start bending the subframe (especially IF they had a good welder on the bar).....The subframe welds are a weak link on the 50. They tend to start cracking over time and they end up needing rewelding or added sub support.......Chances are they would be safer just putting it in the 50stunt bracket. That way IF they bend the subframe, its most likely gonna bend at the welds and not the middle of the subframe itself

Atleast thats what i would do if i wanted to go that way.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
T/C
Squid...

Well they need to use the 50stunt bracket and plave the round bar in it. This way it is adjustable (and it has some give to it). IF they start welding the round bar to the subframe, they will start bending the subframe (especially IF they had a good welder on the bar).....The subframe welds are a weak link on the 50. They tend to start cracking over time and they end up needing rewelding or added sub support.......Chances are they would be safer just putting it in the 50stunt bracket. That way IF they bend the subframe, its most likely gonna bend at the welds and not the middle of the subframe itself

Thats exactly what i was going to do.. And exactly why i bought my 12 bar... But then i liked the 12 bar
Old 02-18-2010, 03:49 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

The goal is to have a bar with no sharp skin ripping edges, that i can put my foot in (on) sideways. I see what youre saying about flipping stoppies and I think this will hurt less than a flat bar hitting my back.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:53 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

i would like to use a 50stutn bracket, but its not in the budget. Im just borrowing the bike, its not even mine, so my budget here is "free or close" if you know what i mean. So far im into it for $6 and i think i can make something similar to the 50stunt bracket for free using steel i already have laying around. I also feel the subframe is too weak and i plan on bracing it as far in as i can go, definitely past the bends by the shock.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:58 PM

Johnson978 is a decent person

my frame already has one but it isnt all the way back so maybe I will cut it and just add a section to extend it to the end of my fender...
Old 02-20-2010, 01:57 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

I have a pic of a nice one , ill post it in a few minutes . I think it was a dude named randomjibrish from fiddylife , he used to post here too .

Not sure if it was his bike though .
Old 02-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I'M A REGISTERED USER !!

Crazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to beholdCrazy D is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Crazy D
I have a pic of a nice one , ill post it in a few minutes . I think it was a dude named randomjibrish from fiddylife , he used to post here too .

Not sure if it was his bike though .
Old 02-20-2010, 01:21 PM
the public enemy

tony.b is a decent person

Originally Posted by Crazy D
now see, thats a round bar i would ride with.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:54 PM

Just made one up like that, have them in the for sale section with pictures.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:06 PM

hater is a decent person

Originally Posted by tony.b
now see, thats a round bar i would ride with.
X2 thats EXACTLY what i want not to long but perfect for FIB tricks
Old 02-20-2010, 02:15 PM

I'll post it up here too, $45 flat bar and $50 bent at an angle where the black line is(to cover the extra shipping since it goes in a box not an envelope). I'm gunna go get more either tonight or in the morning and bend another one up with the angle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	236909   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	236910  

Quick Reply: Round Bar