Round Bar

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:22 PM

skateparkdave is a decent person
Re: Round Bar

I actually thought of this like a year ago and was going to cut the steer tube off of some 4130 chromolly bmx forks I have laying around and weld a small plate in it's place and use them.

Then I got lost in the short side of a blunt and never did it.

I could fill a week or two just doing things that I though about before getting "lost".

Now I guess I've learned to ride well enough to not snag my shins on the flat bar so the thought never returned..until now.....
Old 02-13-2010, 12:05 AM

bawlzout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeM
Mine (Alies) wont come off the bar anyway until it slows down enough for the clutch to disengage. Ive only ridden maybe 5 of them in my life, and the only one that would actually come off the bar easily had a disk brake with a streetbike handbrake.
You got to MASH the footbrake!

Originally Posted by crzyaccrd
I think he's looking for something more like this. Im not sure what size tubing he used, i found this in the "pictures of your 50" thread. Dude said he straightened out the subframe a little, bent this tube up and beat it on. Its not welded or clamped and it doesn't budge. As soon as i can get to lowes im gunna find the right size tubing, get an at home pipe bender and give it a shot. When i take the frame to get powder coated im gunna have them weld it on and coat it all at the same time!! I've been looking for tha same thing for ever and stumbled on this picture, only one i have ever seen like this....and thats how i wanted mine to look!!
That looks pimp

Originally Posted by tyler50stunter
heres mine i used steel round bar and welded it to subframe. here it is here.
That looks Pimp 2! lol

Originally Posted by ReSpECT
To be at 12, it'll have to be a little longer. Other then that, ur not gonna be scraping 12 anytime soon. So what would be the point in the bar if u cant scrape, LoL....=-)

To protect your plastics and subframe from Looping out!

I have the bender and the tube at my dads house. I will try to get by this week and see what i can come up with. Personally, i would just mount it on the brackets that the flat bar is already on (to see if it works anyways)....=-)
+1 thats what i was thinking. Seen a guy use one of those bicycle locks that are rounded like a round bar and cut the lock part off and stripped the weathercoating rubberized **** around it and mounted it somehow. Would save ya from trying to bend 3/4 steel.
Old 02-13-2010, 01:52 PM

crzyaccrd is an unknown quantity at this point

So here i my first attempt, i used hollow bar for now to get the right shape and fit. I'm gunna try a few things tonight and maybe get a solid bar. Also debating if i should have the final product welded in or leave it ho it is so i can replace it as needed..it doesn't move as it is right now. I'll keep you posted with the progress.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	236661   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0579.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	236662   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0580.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	236663   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0582.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	236664  
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

So here i my first attempt, i used hollow bar for now to get the right shape and fit. I'm gunna try a few things tonight and maybe get a solid bar. Also debating if i should have the final product welded in or leave it ho it is so i can replace it as needed..it doesn't move as it is right now. I'll keep you posted with the progress.
That looks really good man. I'm going to make mine next weekend. Too busy this weekend. I'm using 3/4 solid steel and I'm welding mine on. I'm going to reinforce the subby while I'm attaching the round bar. I'm going to leave enough room in mine for FIB.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Its about 3" inside the subframe right now, going to the store later to pick up some solid and see how hard it is to bend, bought a cheapo torch and it kinda sucks. Im gunna try one thats more round than square like this one is. A few tries to get the final product.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:17 PM

Ok so i went out and bought some 1/2" solid round, bent it up and here it is, the final product!! Gunna have it welded up and smoothed out soon, the off to the powder coater once i get done moving and decide on a color. If there is any interest i could make a few up and put them up for sale...
I decided not to make it stick out for foot placement, i figured if i wnt that i could buy the twelve bar kit from 50stunt, that way its removable yet i still have the support and protection of the roundbar!!

Name:	IMG_0583.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	236691   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0584.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	236692   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0585.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	236693  
Old 02-13-2010, 11:37 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

How much for one? I've been thinking about doing just what you did, but I'd have to pay a local guy to bend it (I have 0 tools), so I'd rather pay a fellow stunter. Looks good, btw
Old 02-14-2010, 01:03 AM

ownage is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he's looking for something more like this. Im not sure what size tubing he used, i found this in the "pictures of your 50" thread. Dude said he straightened out the subframe a little, bent this tube up and beat it on. Its not welded or clamped and it doesn't budge. As soon as i can get to lowes im gunna find the right size tubing, get an at home pipe bender and give it a shot. When i take the frame to get powder coated im gunna have them weld it on and coat it all at the same time!! I've been looking for tha same thing for ever and stumbled on this picture, only one i have ever seen like this....and thats how i wanted mine to look!!

hey thats my 50! lol

light em up designs just got some round tubing, bent it with the pipe bender, and made it as long as the fender...it's pretty
Name:  IMAG0003.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  95.8 KB

Last edited by ownage; 02-14-2010 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2010, 01:04 AM

ownage is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok so i went out and bought some 1/2" solid round, bent it up and here it is, the final product!! Gunna have it welded up and smoothed out soon, the off to the powder coater once i get done moving and decide on a color. If there is any interest i could make a few up and put them up for sale...
I decided not to make it stick out for foot placement, i figured if i wnt that i could buy the twelve bar kit from 50stunt, that way its removable yet i still have the support and protection of the roundbar!!

mine is bigger then the stock tubing, and slides all the way down to the seat bolt stay, also filed with all thread for extra strenght...in theory anyways
Old 02-14-2010, 11:58 AM

Was thinking like $25 shipped , I don't know what a shop would charge to bend something up.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Squid Supreme

stick1300 will become famous soon enough

Well, they prob just charge me shop minimum, which is $20, so $25 to you sounds perfectly fine. PM me some details and we'll get the ball rolling lol
Old 02-15-2010, 12:03 AM

PM Sent!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I went on a hunt for 3/4" steel yesterday and couldnt find any. I bought some half inch, but i dont think its strong enough to make much longer than the fender.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:21 PM

tyler50stunter is a decent person

Originally Posted by MikeM
I went on a hunt for 3/4" steel yesterday and couldnt find any. I bought some half inch, but i dont think its strong enough to make much longer than the fender.
i got it from machine shop. and i went by the size of the while on the rear subframe. check that. this is wat i used and fits perfect.

Name:	IMG_1797.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	236756   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1801.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	236757  

Last edited by tyler50stunter; 02-15-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:28 PM
T/C
Squid...

T/C has a spectacular aura aboutT/C has a spectacular aura about

I wish i was closer and i could get yall this **** so much cheaper....
Old 02-15-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by T/C
I wish i was closer and i could get yall this **** so much cheaper....
yeah haha.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 PM

I used 1/2" solid and put it inside the subframe, gunna weld it on. Just wanted something to protect the rear fender and close up the frame. Just got some more to bend up for stick1300, gunna send it out in the morning!!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:40 PM

I used 1/2" solid and put it inside the subframe, gunna weld it on. Just wanted something to protect the rear fender and close up the frame. Just got some more to bend up for stick1300, gunna send it out in the morning!!
yeah i slided my down the sub frame to. and then just welded the roundbar to the frame and had it come out lil past fender.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:14 PM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

heres what im working on.. Half inch cold rolled steel, I did all the bending with a vise and a 2 foot long steel pipe, didnt have to use the torch at all. Its going to be the same length as the fender, but bend upwards to make a spot to hold my foot. It also flares out to 8" wide for better steering. Now since I plan to put my weight on this, im not happy with just ramming it into the subframe and welding it in place. Im going to weld some bracing under the subframe, and will probably attach the bar to that. Once I decide exactly how to do that, i'll finish bending the parallel parts of this thing.

Upside down in the pic

Name:	50bar1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	236864  
Old 02-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Attack Squirrel Owner

DOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant futureDOKE has a brilliant future

I think you're on to something with bending it upwards

Quick Reply: Round Bar