!!LONG!! No Hands Highchair Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 04:58 AM

Veggie Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: !!LONG!! No Hands Highchair Wheelies

It's really sad to see a number of people completely missing the whole point of Feri's clip - he created something. He didn't just copy someone else. Yes, there are other riders out there who could, with just a little practise, do the same trick, but only because Feri's gone out there and proved it can be done and how to do it

This isn't the first time a clip's been posted with a new trick and a number of people have instantly posted crap about how it ain't that hard, and how someone who isn't them could do it easily. FFS! Anyone, absolutely anyone, can copy - it takes a special something to innovate

There's a reason why there's only a handful of well known riders outside of the scene itself, and it's because they're the innovators, every single one of 'em (and every single person reading this knows exactly who I mean) - everyone else is just an immitation. And yes, I include myself in that comment because I'll never be an innovator on a bike and neither will 99.9% of stunters the world over

Cut the bullshit and remember why you started riding in the first place...
Old 08-23-2005, 09:36 AM

Nick Storm is a decent person

*** he makes it look so easy!

the smiling boy does it again!!
Old 08-23-2005, 10:12 AM

BigBalla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Veggie Dave
It's really sad to see a number of people completely missing the whole point of Feri's clip - he created something. He didn't just copy someone else. Yes, there are other riders out there who could, with just a little practise, do the same trick, but only because Feri's gone out there and proved it can be done and how to do it

This isn't the first time a clip's been posted with a new trick and a number of people have instantly posted crap about how it ain't that hard, and how someone who isn't them could do it easily. FFS! Anyone, absolutely anyone, can copy - it takes a special something to innovate

There's a reason why there's only a handful of well known riders outside of the scene itself, and it's because they're the innovators, every single one of 'em (and every single person reading this knows exactly who I mean) - everyone else is just an immitation. And yes, I include myself in that comment because I'll never be an innovator on a bike and neither will 99.9% of stunters the world over

tonyd must have stayed a little too long over there
Old 08-23-2005, 10:18 AM
AGGRESSION!

E-DUB OM is a decent person

that is some good ish right there
Old 08-23-2005, 06:31 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

THat is a great point! My boy has always said and I think it's appropriate here...........

Easy to immitate.................Hard to Innovate

Maybe some of you guys can learn it but do it first....

and everyone who says do it with fairings or no mx bars......You do it and post it up.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:29 PM

bahamaspete is an unknown quantity at this point

This guy is gonna cause a lot of people to hurt themselves!!
It's downwright Dangerous!!

That nigg's control was da shizzzits with ice-tea!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-24-2005, 12:40 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

Good points, but I think once the handbrake on the fender came out of the bag this thread was doomed...I luv'd the clip but when I first watched it I thought it was all balance and no brake which to me was awesome..
Now I am not to sure where the innovation is...Is it b/c he is the 1st to put a handbrake somewhere other than the HB's ? The pic of Woods doing a no hander highchair has been around for awhile now...Granted he probably wasnt rollin em to far but he was still doing em way b4 this clip...and like someone else eluded to that was way b4 handbrakes were the norm...
So yeah if we are cheering someone putting a HB in a new location and showing us something a bit different then
But as some of the others have said you give any of the top riders over here a HB in that position and a few hours and guaranteed no handed highchairs are the result...
Nuthin against that guys skill cuz its still a great clip..

Cheers

Sk

Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person

by having a hand brake located on the fron fender or fork or wherever its claimed to be placed.

im really curious how that effects overall riding and stunting abilities.

imagine performing a typical power wheelie after than and accidently placing to much leverage on that lever.

does it allow full heandle bar movement to the left and right?

accidently locking the rear at the wrong time could prove to be pretty entertaining.

ill keep my levers on the CLIPONS and off random parts of the bike..

different strokes for different folks..

Whats next front brake mounted on the wheelie bar so you can do coffin endos?
eh Eh someone will try it.. not me...

-kane
Old 08-24-2005, 01:22 PM

RUSH. is an unknown quantity at this point

Good points......and I agree with Kane though.....not for me

I definately am more impressed with Woods no-hander no hb, who wouldnt be. Still cool though and original
Old 08-24-2005, 01:25 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RUSH.
Good points......and I agree with Kane though.....not for me

I definately am more impressed with Woods no-hander no hb, who wouldnt be. Still cool though and original
seen the guys from brestunt do no handed HC's for about as long as the due in this vid....was BADASS and balance only
Old 08-24-2005, 01:31 PM

SmurfKilla is an unknown quantity at this point

No man its gonna be all radio / servo controlled and we will be stuntin our bikes from the sidelines..Or better yet controlling the bike remotely while your buddy is on it...That would be fun as hell....
"Okay now you are going 12 oclock !!!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Sk

Originally Posted by Kaneone
by having a hand brake located on the fron fender or fork or wherever its claimed to be placed.

im really curious how that effects overall riding and stunting abilities.

imagine performing a typical power wheelie after than and accidently placing to much leverage on that lever.

does it allow full heandle bar movement to the left and right?

accidently locking the rear at the wrong time could prove to be pretty entertaining.

ill keep my levers on the CLIPONS and off random parts of the bike..

different strokes for different folks..

Whats next front brake mounted on the wheelie bar so you can do coffin endos?
eh Eh someone will try it.. not me...

-kane