National Guard?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person
Re: National Guard?

the rough thing about the reserves is you go from cushy civilian life and poof you're in uniform in the woods freezing your *** off at fort indiantown gap. Or the summer version: poof you're in uniform, sweating your *** off. you scrape out the bugs and mud from your sleeping bag to get 2 hours of sleep...**** it starts to rain 15 minutes into the nap, no sleep tonight...ect. You only get used to being a filthy grunt 1 and 1/2 weeks into your 2 week AT and by then you have three days left and poof you're back on the block as a civilian. im glad im out but sometimes i admit i miss the green misery.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:21 AM

Soldier_89 is a decent person

ya u better get in asap......im in and its pimp........they are overloaded and are going to be really strict about plp joining.. startin next month
Old 01-23-2009, 01:25 AM

Soldier_89 is a decent person

ya for every cool person in the military there are 3 D bags. so 1:3 ratio.....fun to haze the other half lol......soon to be gays!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Bruiser

SydWays is a decent person

Originally Posted by weirdsteve
the rough thing about the reserves is you go from cushy civilian life and poof you're in uniform in the woods freezing your *** off at fort indiantown gap. Or the summer version: poof you're in uniform, sweating your *** off. you scrape out the bugs and mud from your sleeping bag to get 2 hours of sleep...**** it starts to rain 15 minutes into the nap, no sleep tonight...ect. You only get used to being a filthy grunt 1 and 1/2 weeks into your 2 week AT and by then you have three days left and poof you're back on the block as a civilian. im glad im out but sometimes i admit i miss the green misery.
HAHA, that is why I am a 15Y and not an 11B... In the Guard. Been doing it for almost 4 years and had a 22 month activation and year in Afghanistan. Not too bad, compared to active life. The best part is the civilian tech job. Great federal pay and benefits... It isn't for everyone, but the folks that are active before they join have a lot better time adapting when at AT or deployed than the kids straight outta high school looking for college money. Everything sucks when you are at the bottom, but if you with with it there are good benefits over all. Money for school, retirement, other education. It is all what you make it for yourself... With the economy how it is, why not make extra cash on the weekends and have a secure income?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:48 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOHN J
well i was infantry then and im infantry now.
I was also a grunt......I loved what I did (60MM) but it couldn't have been more of a waste of time. You can not put that **** on a resume. If you join, do something that will transfer into a real job once you get out. Military intelligence with all the clearance you can get would be a good idea and transfer into all sorts of federal jobs.