National Guard?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Tx mutha****@ were i stay

EROCK817 is a decent person
National Guard?

Any people in the guard or planning to join if so wanna hear some info
Old 01-08-2009, 05:42 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light
Re: National Guard?

do it. i was army and now reenlisting with ng.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:45 PM

twentyten is a decent person

I have some friends that are in the guard and they really seem to like it.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM

These are the things that i wanted to hear . Just im always asking people with experience. I MIGTH GO IN THE SUMMER THINGS I HEARED WERE ITS SAFER THAN ANY OTHER BRANCH AND SOME WHAT THE SAME BENEFITS
Old 01-09-2009, 12:09 AM

sto87 is a decent person

im in the guard right now, guess where i am **** town Iraq, dont think your safe. the benefits arnt the same either
Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 AM

Recruiters are always giving fucked up info ...thats not cool at all
Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Everyone needs to stop blaiming recruiters. Your recruiter isnt there when you sign the contract that lays out what you do and dont get, that falls on you. If you dont read what you are signing thats your own damn fault.

Depending on your status in the Guard you can get the same benefits as Active Duty. You can get into the AGR(Active Guard and Reserve) program once you make E5 and that is where you are active duty for your guard unit. Thats what I am doing right now for the Reserve.

I get all the same pay/benefits of active duty, except Im stationed at an Army Reserve unit. Instead of seeing military doctors, I can choose who I want to goto. That was nice when I had wrist surgery because Army doctors suck most of the time. I also get to pick where I want to be stationed at, which doesnt happen on active duty.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:59 AM

Well today im going to be talking with a recruiter. I have talked to other recruiters like the army and marines but then when i get some personal info its different from what i heard.

How long you been in the guard?
Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM

sto87 is a decent person

dont get me wrong, i love the army and the NG, its the only job i feel comfortable doing, but yes AGR is pretty good **** man, you just got to be an E5 before you get into it. but the military has untold benefits, like VA housing loans and when you are military you have president over a that position you have applieed for at joe shmos **** shack there are little things that make it nice and imparticularlly being a war vet you get some nice perks from that.
i would go for it though man, i have been in 2 years and 6 months and i just re enlisted. if you can try to pull some rank or money out of those recruiters they work for you make them work. make sure you get the job you want also real important. tell me how it goes
goodluck
Old 01-09-2009, 04:00 PM
IDLE WHORE

JOHN J has a spectacular aura aboutJOHN J has a spectacular aura about

i spent 4 yrs national guard and just about hated it going from one extreme to another one weekend a month. it just seemed like it was a waste of time plus there are just sniveling fat asses that cant perform worth a ****.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

I was in the gaurd for 7 years......after I got out my unit went to cuba and then kuwait. I liked it when I was younger but it got old. Everytime you have drill it seems to fall on a weekend you have a party or wedding or something......make sure it's what you want.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 PM

skillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond reputeskillz954 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JOHN J
i spent 4 yrs national guard and just about hated it going from one extreme to another one weekend a month. it just seemed like it was a waste of time plus there are just sniveling fat asses that cant perform worth a ****.
+1 yeah that stuff too.....
Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
IDLE WHORE

Originally Posted by skillz954
I was in the gaurd for 7 years......after I got out my unit went to cuba and then kuwait. I liked it when I was younger but it got old. Everytime you have drill it seems to fall on a weekend you have a party or wedding or something......make sure it's what you want.
oh yeah that too
Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 PM

Today the talk with the recreiter was a waste of time he came to my house and gave me a dvd of the NG..i was like wtf...guess he was in a rush...
Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 PM

sto87 is a decent person

Originally Posted by JOHN J
+1 But, you get into a good MOS like FA or Infantry and you get into a good unit, then your golden. you gotta think positive and be motivated and the military no matter what branch is a good idea helps you get started with life. Hell its paying for my Bike
Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM
IDLE WHORE

Originally Posted by sto87
+1 But, you get into a good MOS like FA or Infantry and you get into a good unit, then your golden. you gotta think positive and be motivated and the military no matter what branch is a good idea helps you get started with life. Hell its paying for my Bike
well i was infantry then and im infantry now.

my unit was selected to mobilize for desert shield/desert storm and thank god we didnt go cause the war was over so quick. you have to remember politics is such a big game in the military and its how you sell yourself/unit etc to get selected for missions. now im sure you probably are somewaht aware of this being that your in iraq right now it doesnt matter you will deploy with turd burgalars, **** sticks, douche bags and just straight up some self righteous big headed *** holes. so my point here is that even though your immediate chain of command my be **** hot and protect you from highers up bull **** you still might be in an overall **** bag unit with worthless *****.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 PM

sto87 is a decent person

yeah theres always going to be a couple of THAT GUY anywhere you go, your just a little bit ahead of the game with combat MOS cause there a little more strict, atleast thats what i have seen. and there is always going to be a ****-o- that wants to get promoted and will stab you in the ****** back just to do soo.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:15 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skillz954
Everytime you have drill it seems to fall on a weekend you have a party or wedding or something......
I ******* hate how that always seems to happen
Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 AM

05GIXXER is a decent person

I've been in the guard for a lil over 10yrs now been deployed once before this one im on now.....it aint been to bad but like stated above you will have to put up with some ****-bags, and some bullshit in general....but then there are perks here and there for being in, so it kinda evens it self out.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:28 PM
IDLE WHORE

just go active.......

all in or nothing thats how i look at it now

Quick Reply: National Guard?