Anyone ever been a recruiter?

Old 12-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of
Anyone ever been a recruiter?

Im wanting to get some first hand knowledge of what its like. I know you can expect long hours and generally 6 days a week, but is it really that bad? Assuming Im in an area that traditionally has high enlistment number, how bad should it be? I will be recruiting for the Reserve not Active duty, so that should be a little better, right?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:46 PM
haters are your best fans

DaHammer is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Anyone ever been a recruiter?

recruiting is def the worst duty you can ever get. for army anyway, i dont know what service ur in. the ONLY plus to recruiting is that ur non deployable for 2 years
Old 12-22-2008, 12:10 AM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DaHammer
recruiting is def the worst duty you can ever get. for army anyway, i dont know what service ur in. the ONLY plus to recruiting is that ur non deployable for 2 years
im pretty sure DS duty is wayyy worst than recruiting. i got a friend up here whos a NG recruiter and he seems to like it quite a bit. you wont likely be in the office 6 days a week cuz you can rotate days with the other guys in the office unless its a real small office and youre the only recruiter....
Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 AM
I Love To Post!

Compton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud ofCompton82 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sdfkillz
im pretty sure DS duty is wayyy worst than recruiting. i got a friend up here whos a NG recruiter and he seems to like it quite a bit. you wont likely be in the office 6 days a week cuz you can rotate days with the other guys in the office unless its a real small office and youre the only recruiter....
Yea my old roommate was a DS and his life sucked. Im thinking it wouldnt be that bad as I would be recruiting for the Army Reserve which should be easier than Regular Army. Im weighing my options about what would be best for me right now. Im scheduled to change duty stations in April, and want top make up my mind before that. I was told that I will be going to a deploying unit, which doesnt bother me, except for not wanting to miss the first year to 15 months of my son/daughters life. Thats why I was thinking, volunteer to be a recruiter, and Im guaranteed to go to my hometown, and even though I would be working a lot, I would atleast be in the country.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:55 PM

it doesnt matter if ur reserve or active. that doesnt mean u work different hours. i know at the station in new orleans has 7 recruiters and work 5 days a week, long days, and work every other saturday. plus u have to make so many phone calls a day, do ur calendar that u have to put all ur events for the day and ****. REALLY GAY. trust me man, i understand u wanna be home for ur kid n i got that, but dont think recruiting is easy n fun. its a lot a paperwork n crap to deal with. personally, id rather spend that time being a DS. ur still non deployable and ur actually helping the army by training troops and not just shoving shitbags though MEPS. sorry for the rant, i just hate recruiters cuz mine was a lazy piece of **** that did nothing for me
Old 12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I Love To Post!

Originally Posted by DaHammer
it doesnt matter if ur reserve or active. that doesnt mean u work different hours.
I understand that. What I meant by saying Reserve is, I think it would be a slightly easier pitch for the Reserve as opposed to recruiting for Active Duty where they are more likely to deploy every other year.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I Love To Post!

and being a ds is about the same as a recruiter in my eyes. I was stationed at a Sand Hill training site at Fort Benning for a couple years. The difference is recruiters push shitbags through meps, DS push shitbags through training. Im sure you know, but the Army is full of **** bags, they all did training somewhere.

Im still holding out hope on catching a spot at an Airborne unit just south of Atlanta, but Im still on a profile from having wrist surgery and they are wanting someone ready for regular duty.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Back to North Carolina...

weirdsteve is a decent person

i read an article today that 4 Army recruiters in the houston area killed themselves recently. Their command out there is reported to be a bunch of ****** or something. My USMC recruiter seemed pretty laid back though. On another note I was watching shootout on the history channel last night and saw my boy Capt Niedzeoacha being interviewed. Weird as **** to see him on TV trying to act professional, talking about leading Marines into the fight and what not since I knew him way back in the day when we were Lance Corporals. Life's a trip sometimes. It was good to see he was doing well but it bites the big one when i hear about guys i knew that were killed. It's a small Corps.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:42 PM
trz
Tank Danglers 4 life

trz is a decent person

i was a recruiter for awhile in dallas i loved it
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 PM

ur 21 n u have already been a recruiter? whats ur rank? and im guessin ur at ft hood, right? whats ur mos? i got a few buddies over there
Old 01-05-2009, 12:58 AM

Soldier_89 is a decent person

i think it would be fun to be a DS. most of my ds i had are like my mentors. still talk to them too