F4i Wont Start :@

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 11:22 PM

StuntTbilisi is a decent person
F4i Wont Start :@

So guys, hello first of all and i have a really very very bad f...ing problem :@

So i will write down also what i tried.

i have a f4i, it had a little electrical problems but everything work fine, i could start motorcycle and ride it.

i am going to make stunt bike from it, so i removed every fairing, during the process bike was shut down. after removing the front fairing i cant start my motorcycle. i dont hear fuel pump prime and dont get any sparks.

also blown up 10amp fuse for speedo but if i connect it directly it works.

so i dont know how to check relay maybe you can tell me.

i checked cables have not seen any problems.

checked fuel pump by putting 12v directly and it works but if i bypass fuel pump relay by putting cable directly from Brown cable to black cable, it wont primes.

Sorry for my bad english.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:44 AM

StuntTbilisi is a decent person
Re: F4i Wont Start :@

so okay , update

i tried to bypass ignition switch with 9v battery - nothing, i got the same 9v as usually but nothing. no fuel pump prime no voltage to ignition.

checked fuel pump green and brown wires from main wires while opening the switch, no voltage is getting there,

tried to check relay, both, kill switch and fuel pump, as it was written in service manual. As i understand i must connect two of the relay piece to 12v battery, and must measure the ohm on other two pin yes? in this case it doesnt matter if i connected it to battery or not i always got like 79 ohm on both , i dont know if there are good or not.

tip sensor is bypassed. clutch and kick stand not but if i put it gear and kick stand is down engine wont crank. if in gear and not pulled clutch not crank. If i put it in gear , pull clutch and make kick stand up than it cranks, but of course no fuel pump prime and no spark in ignition.

need more advice
Old 10-14-2019, 10:38 PM

Ryanlucas625 is a decent person
Re: F4i Wont Start :@

Check head light plug ground if your head lights aren't coming on as well as fuel pump not priming that's your issue