my bike keeps burning fuses!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Group Moderator

r32_awd is an unknown quantity at this point
my bike keeps burning fuses!!

im having a little trouble. eveytime i turn my key on to start the bike it pops the fan fuse everytime and wont start.. And also the fuel pump aint kicking on when you turn the key to on. usually it makes the little whistlin noise but it aint. Can anyone help me with this and why its popping the fuse everytime?
Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 PM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: my bike keeps burning fuses!!

you have a break in a connection, or a ground. some wire is bare somewhere cuasing it to ground out and pop. if your fuel pump isn't coming on you either have a bad connection on that, bad tip over sensor, or a bad relay. does the bike still crank over? if so then check those things.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Group Moderator

cranks over like a champ.. no go though.. i'll go through and check all that out and let you know what i come across.. thanks
Old 05-15-2007, 12:21 AM
back in the saddle again

binder929rr is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, fuel pump isn't kicking on. sounds like a tip over sensor or a loose connection on the fuel pump. (or a relay)
Old 05-15-2007, 12:24 AM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

unplug the fan replace ant blown fuses ....if it starts then you know where to look
Old 05-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Group Moderator

awesome. thanks old man roger
Old 05-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Group Moderator

Ok roger. so i disconnected the fan and still popped the fuse. im gonna try blinders method right now.. let me know what else you think is causing this
Old 05-15-2007, 11:10 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

sorry with out being there it hard to diagnose electrical problems...
Old 05-16-2007, 02:05 AM

jakesfords is an unknown quantity at this point

start looking for a ground out wire
Old 05-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Group Moderator

ok so i tried everything and i have no clue what the deal is and its pissing me off..its still blowing fuses and fuel pump aint turning on.. What the F**k!!!

Last edited by r32_awd; 05-18-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:04 AM

Mr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud ofMr. Hooligan has much to be proud of

you got 1 or more wires grounding out- re check the harness. look for any spot that looks like it could have been pinched or smushed. Or if you got a lot of d.i.y. conectors check for a loose one or missing elec. tape
Old 05-18-2007, 02:59 AM
also known as OMR

start unpluging every thing then replace the fuse and turn on the key and then plug in one thing at a time when the fuse blows you will know where to start checking.............
Old 06-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Group Moderator

Ok.. Well i think i might have a bad fuel pump not sure though.. I can get the bike started now.. But after riding it for bout 20 min it pops the fuse and the fuel pump wont kick on.. So then i replace the fuse and have to tap on the fuel pump a few times for it to turn over and make the winding noise.. And also when i disconnect the fuel pump connection the fuse wont pop.. but sometimes when it is connected it pops.. A fuel pump works off pressure to right?? cause i never had no problems till i dented my tank in i might be losing pressure also for it to pop the fuse.. not sure though.. Can someone give me some advise on what i should do from here?? Thanks
Old 06-01-2007, 08:32 PM
also known as OMR

with most electric motors when they start to go bad you can tap on them and they will run till they get to hot ,so that sounds exactly like what is happening to you ......

the fact that it happened after you dented your tank i think is a complete fluke
Old 06-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Group Moderator

Awesome.. Thats what i like to hear.. Welli better start looking for a pump
Old 06-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Group Moderator

Ok so i did a code check today and got a C41- Fuel pump control system.. Im narrowing down the problem but, my fuel fuse is still popping and only when im in a wheelie, i can cruise all day long with no problem.. but as soon as i pick it up and go bout a blocks distance the fuse blows.. It makes no sense whatsoever.. Fuel pump relay clicks just fine when turning the key on, Tip over sensor is good.. Please post with some helpful advice.. Thanks