Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Zx6RR ZXx636r problem... help (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/127733-zx6rr-zxx636r-problem-help.html)

PETe P 06-01-2005 07:55 AM

Re: Zx6RR ZXx636r problem... help

question my buddies 636 number 1 cylinder filled with oil this weekend is this the same problem? he was scrapin all night on thursday then on monday no go. it was filled bad complete locked the engine. he cleared the cylinder and now it runs. so same problem?

kxrider 06-01-2005 10:14 AM

ya same problem for eveyrone just get some pcv valves cut the hose and stick htem in it dont mattter wear at in the hose proly a couple inches apart is best

gizmoz 06-01-2005 04:30 PM

hi kane i ve got the same probleme as you ,did the system works now and i want to know wath is exactly pcv valves please try to answer me with simple words coz my english is realy bad

EAC 06-01-2005 04:44 PM

[QUOTE=gizmoz]hi kane i ve got the same probleme as you ,did the system works now and i want to know wath is exactly pcv valves please try to answer me with simple words coz my english is realy bad[/QUOTE]

[url]http://autorepair.about.com/cs/generalinfo/l/bldef_621.htm[/url]

Chad OTE 06-01-2005 05:10 PM

I have the same problem, but i put 2 pcv valves on and 3 feet of heater hose and when i do higher rpm wheelies it spits oil. It doesnt really leak when I do 12s i can do them all day and its fine just when at high rpms. the pcv valves are from auto zone part number pcv147. Any info will help for my oil leak.

thanks

gizmoz 06-02-2005 03:10 AM

ok thanks for the answer i will try it as faster as i can and tell ya if its works

LivingCanvas 06-26-2005 05:14 AM

Kane give us a update.....did this work? Im very interested to know because i may be getting a 636 very soon

LivingCanvas 06-26-2005 05:20 AM

also, any solutions for the higher rpm oil probs?

Kaneone 06-26-2005 12:40 PM

nope it didnt work.. damn thing still leaks like a siv..

my next try is gonna be to drill a hole through the valve cover and install a spiggot so that i can attach a small K&N breather and then just completely block off the lower hose that is causing all the leakage...

this problem is really the downfall of this bike.

said id many times.. the GSXR is simply the best bike ever!! those new 05 600s are sick sick sick

-kane

JohnnyP 06-26-2005 01:29 PM

Maybe your using the wrong PCV? I had the same problem installed 1 PCV I bought from an auto store (the biggest one I could find) and no problems since. It still burns a little oil after a long 12 but no mess and no hydro lock.

jerr6 06-26-2005 02:06 PM

if you try using the catch can deal run the hose from your motor up as high as u can like towards the triple clamps then back down to a can ( i used a plastic miller light bottle mounted on the right side pass peg since it never gets used) then from the can a sep hose to the airbox. my theory is if the hose goes higher than the motor when your on the bar , the oil coming into the hose wont go higher than the motor cause its not under any pressure. when you put the bike back down it ll drain back into the motor or the catch can. :YEAH

LivingCanvas 06-26-2005 02:08 PM

hey johnnyp, you got a part number for that pcv your using?

longrider 06-29-2005 12:39 AM

[QUOTE=Kaneone]nope it didnt work.. damn thing still leaks like a siv..

my next try is gonna be to drill a hole through the valve cover and install a spiggot so that i can attach a small K&N breather and then just completely block off the lower hose that is causing all the leakage...

this problem is really the downfall of this bike.

said id many times.. the GSXR is simply the best bike ever!! those new 05 600s are sick sick sick

-kane[/QUOTE]
You have it exactly right, Kane That is what I will be doing to Squirrel's bike when we have some time. Just watch on your placement that a cam lobe wont hit the fitting.

Kaneone 07-02-2005 12:05 AM

so i went ahead and did it today....

i took off the valve cover. drilled a hole between the 2 and 3 spark plugs. (between the pair valves). made sure there was clearance for the stuff below, and had a magnesium spigot welded on.

Ran a hose fitting with a PCV valve inline on it... cut the air box and ran it up through the airbox and out the right (pipe side) ram air hole and attached a lil K&N filter. still with me?

went ahead than and block the rear crankcase vent with a large bolt and hose clamp.

we'll see how it works...

although food for thought, i was speaking to a friend and he was telling me how some of his ZX12R buddies on some other forum were talking about how they connected the Pair valve directly to the rear crankcase vent. i guess the pair valve produces a suction and changes the pressure or some thing like that.. but i dont think itll work for stunting cause when the bike is in a wheelie itll still suck up oil...

the way i did it.. SHOULD work.. but.. like i said. we will see..

bike started fine and sounds good.. hasnt exploded yet or anything! haha.

ill let yall know more next week.

if pictures are needed lemme know.

-kane

gizmoz 07-03-2005 04:52 AM

thanks kane to keep us informed hope your modif will works for i do the same

gizmoz 07-03-2005 04:59 AM

if you can post some pics it will be good

VuDoo 07-16-2005 09:24 PM

[COLOR=Orange][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Any luck yet? Pic's plz.... :shruggs [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kyle_PBZ 07-17-2005 11:12 PM

Ya, how did that turn out?!

T-Dubby 07-17-2005 11:49 PM

I know you use pcv valves for cars but does it matter which ones you get???

T-Dubby 07-20-2005 02:09 PM

Yeah Pics would really help out for the not mechanically inclined