Zx6RR ZXx636r problem... help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Kaneone is a decent person
Zx6RR ZXx636r problem... help

ok..

i know its been asked 1000 times.... but ive been using the search and scouring for the last 20 min and cant find the thread..

my kawi is the sick sauce.. love that bike..

but am really really sick of this thing dumping oil out everywhere like a crazy man if i leave in on the bar for more than a sec while running.. bartricks are impossible cause the ***** just dumps out oil into the airbox...

already hydrolocked her a few times and its a real pain in the *** to have to work on so i would love to fix this problem.

i know someone out there has... how?

ive tried putting pcv valves inline between the motor and the airbox.. didnt work.

tried rerouting the tube connecting the motor to the airbox by replacing it with a 2' 1/2" tube up and around the front of the motor.. didnt work.

my next idea was going to be connecting a drainage bottle to the motor that will still allow it to vent.. but i think even a 20oz bottle will fill up quickly...

can i just block the hose? i was told no because it wont allow the motor to releive pressure... IE break ****.

so im at a loss...

whats up? any ideas?

-kane
Old 05-28-2005, 04:29 PM
Mof Diver

mofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant futuremofat01 has a brilliant future
Re: Zx6RR ZXx636r problem... help

Originally Posted by Kaneone
ok..

i know its been asked 1000 times.... but ive been using the search and scouring for the last 20 min and cant find the thread..

my kawi is the sick sauce.. love that bike..

but am really really sick of this thing dumping oil out everywhere like a crazy man if i leave in on the bar for more than a sec while running.. bartricks are impossible cause the ***** just dumps out oil into the airbox...

already hydrolocked her a few times and its a real pain in the *** to have to work on so i would love to fix this problem.

i know someone out there has... how?

ive tried putting pcv valves inline between the motor and the airbox.. didnt work.

tried rerouting the tube connecting the motor to the airbox by replacing it with a 2' 1/2" tube up and around the front of the motor.. didnt work.

my next idea was going to be connecting a drainage bottle to the motor that will still allow it to vent.. but i think even a 20oz bottle will fill up quickly...

can i just block the hose? i was told no because it wont allow the motor to releive pressure... IE break ****.

so im at a loss...

whats up? any ideas?

-kane
Maybe try 2 PCV valves instead of one in the hose from motor to airbox
Old 05-28-2005, 05:23 PM

kxrider is an unknown quantity at this point

ill hit you up later player or you can call me wateva so i can explain for the 100000 time i knew we shoulda done that a long time ago when you were passin threw
Old 05-28-2005, 05:25 PM

and dotn just block it unless you wanna blow some gaskets i put 2 valves on mine and its straight did u put them on backwards and ****
Old 05-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Regular StuntLifer

longrider is an unknown quantity at this point

The problem is the vent is in the very rear of the engine so when up at 12 the oil is covering the vent and crankcase pressure just pushes the oil out. A catch bottle is a quick short term solution but you will be dumping it back in a lot. My idea for a permanent fix will be to fabricate a vent up in the cam area and then block off the lower vent. kxrider is correct, you do not want to block it without an alternate vent. I will be working on Squirrels bike when he gets back from Vegas and if the idea works I can send you some pictures
Old 05-28-2005, 06:12 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

yeah just run the hose into the valve cover?
Old 05-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Don't read this.

GundamnitPete will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kaneone

-kane

I've heard that catach guy saying he did this to his bike and that it worked real good...
Old 05-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Regular StuntLifer

Originally Posted by MasterShake
yeah just run the hose into the valve cover?
No, you will have to create a vent in the cover and vent that to atmosphere and then seal the bottom vent. If you just connect the hose from the bottom vent to a vent up top you will create a sealed system that will cause as many problems as just blocking the bottom vent.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Regular StuntLifer

BTW, if you are thinking about the connection on top of the valve cover, forget it. That is the air injection into the exhaust and will just create an incredible smoke show if you run the crankcase vent to it.
Old 05-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

I do have 2 pcv valves....

I might have put them in backwards... which way do they go? big side towards the motor?

are pcv valves not 1 way vales? if i put them in backwards wouldnt it block it vent and not allow it to let air through?

how would i fabricate a vent on the valve cover? would that include welding and cutting and.. like.. WORK? haha

what material is it? aluminum or mag?

its really irritating i know that much...

-kane
Old 05-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Wheelie Ninja!

Originally Posted by kxrider
ill hit you up later player or you can call me wateva so i can explain for the 100000 time i knew we shoulda done that a long time ago when you were passin threw

hit me up with your ## again ryan i jsut got a new cell and lost most of my numbers....

-kane
Old 05-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Regular StuntLifer

A PCV valve will not help since once the fitting on the rear of the engine is submerged in oil the oil will just pump out. The vent addition will take some work, welding might not be necessary if there is a flat area to attach a fitting. I'm not sure on valve cover materail, it could be magnesium. I might be coming out there too (just to film, my bike stays on two wheels...) but I dont know for sure yet. If I cant I will explain as much as I can to Squirrel and he can show you.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:55 PM

aight player you caught me in on a good day cuz i hate workin on my **** but i took it apart and hers my set up if this dont do it for you throw ur bike away 2 pcv valves small side toward the motor heres my tub and a pic of each end how i did it 2nd pic is bottom 1std pic is top ther is another small peice that goes on the bottom just like on the top its just not in the pics
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DCAM5999.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	138968   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCAM6000.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	138969   Click image for larger version

Name:	DCAM6001.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	138970  
Old 05-29-2005, 12:09 AM
Wheelie Ninja!

small end toward the motor? ok that might be my problem them...

will it still allow the motor to vent?

i have mine set up large end toward the motor and that ***** jsut pukes oil when on the bar...

-kane
Old 05-29-2005, 12:31 PM

ya it still allows vent i drug mine on the bar on idle for a couple hudred feet and not one puff of smoke or one drop of oil
Old 05-31-2005, 09:33 PM

scootnr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

aight player you caught me in on a good day cuz i hate workin on my **** but i took it apart and hers my set up if this dont do it for you throw ur bike away 2 pcv valves small side toward the motor heres my tub and a pic of each end how i did it 2nd pic is bottom 1std pic is top ther is another small peice that goes on the bottom just like on the top its just not in the pics

where can i get these fitting's at? do i use the line that runs into my air box?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:37 PM

jerr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

i got the same problem on my02 r6. im gonna give this a try cause the catch bottle didnt work for ****
Old 05-31-2005, 11:19 PM

u can get them at any auto parts store use the same hose just get some pcv valves that fit in it cut it shuv them in and put clamps on it like in my pics there aint a drop of oil in my airbox
Old 06-01-2005, 05:35 AM

scootnr6 is an unknown quantity at this point

u can get them at any auto parts store use the same hose just get some pcv valves that fit in it cut it shuv them in and put clamps on it like in my pics there aint a drop of oil in my airbox
so just get 2 of these valves put one in the hose at the air box the other where it enter's the motor?
Old 06-01-2005, 07:40 AM

divex is an unknown quantity at this point

Could this work out with an zx9r 1999' too?

rgds

Quick Reply: Zx6RR ZXx636r problem... help