Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/246643-dont-blow-your-f4i.html)

OnPoint 02-27-2009 02:29 PM

Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone who is stunting a 01-03 F4i should run this oil pick-up. When you look at pick-up's position and how it works, it's obvious that the motor will starve for oil during long wheelies. It took me blowing my motor to realize it. You can over fill your oil to help, but that causes other problems like blowing seals and causing extra crank drag.

When I got my new motor I tried ordering it from Stuntex, but they would not return any of my emails or provide a # the contact them. After several attempts I got tired of waiting, as I wasn't going to ride until I installed it, and therefore I had a good friend on my who is an engineer design one and have it made on a CNC.

Once I put it on my bike, many others who rock F4i's were hitting me up so I just got a new batch made, ready to ship. It's just as good as the Stuntex, if not better and the installation is simple.

The price is $55.00 Shipped, and for that price there is no reason not to run one. Stuntex was selling them for $99.95

I only have 11 left so if your interested let me know.

Here is how you install it:

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan
3. Put the repositioning ring around the pick-up (as shown in the pic) then bend the little nipple up. This allows you to turn the pick up 180 degrees around so that the oil intake is further back.
4. Put the baffle on the pan just as you would a gasket using silicon on both sides and reinstall.

As you can see, this creates a pool of oil around the pick up during wheelies so that you never run dry. Without it, all the oil moves to other parts of the engine and tranny leaving the pick up sucking air. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
OnPoint

Towlieee 02-27-2009 02:32 PM

Re: Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

:2cents

That gasket will actually make the bike run dry. There is NO way for the oil to get past the gasket, once the oil in the pan runs dry on 12, it can't get oil back into the pan..

Sure it helps soon as you hit 12, due to the fact your pickup is submerged. Once it sucks all that oil up though, there is no way for oil to get back into the oil pan unless you set it down.

[QUOTE]during wheelies so that you never run dry.[/QUOTE]

IF your soo sure park it at or past 12 and let it idle, see if your oil light ever comes on..

thats my :2cents like it or not, I've ran a pickup and I removed it. If anything I'd just turn the stock pickup around and not use that gasket
edit: anyone that DOES run a pickup, purchase a new oil pickup o-ring!! I didn't replace mine at first and it gave me oil pressure problems.. My gasket even looked perfect, soon as I put a new one in no more oil pressure issues

DoodleF4i 02-27-2009 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=Towlieee;3811794]:2cents

That gasket will actually make the bike run dry. There is NO way for the oil to get past the gasket, once the oil in the pan runs dry on 12, it can't get oil back into the pan..

Sure it helps soon as you hit 12, due to the fact your pickup is submerged. Once it sucks all that oil up though, there is no way for oil to get back into the oil pan unless you set it down.

IF your soo sure park it at or past 12 and let it idle, see if your oil light ever comes on..

thats my :2cents like it or not, I've ran a pickup and I removed it. If anything I'd just turn the stock pickup around and not use that gasket
edit: anyone that DOES run a pickup, purchase a new oil pickup o-ring!! I didn't replace mine at first and it gave me oil pressure problems.. My gasket even looked perfect, soon as I put a new one in no more oil pressure issues[/QUOTE]

you sir are a fuckin dumb shit..every post you make is ignorant and normally wrong.

Towlieee 02-27-2009 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=DoodleF4i;3811799]you sir are a fuckin dumb shit..every post you make is ignorant and normally wrong.[/QUOTE]

Ok..

Have you tried this pickup? Have you parked your bike on 12 and see how long it ran for?

Mine lost oil pressure after around 20-30 seconds everytime.. :shruggs

Oil pickups are obviously good if you do bar tricks, but if you don't they are un needed.
And this design will not make your bike run at 12 forever. I've tried it. :hello

Ryan S 02-27-2009 02:50 PM

just put amsoil in your bike and you'll be fine....went through 14 motors before switching to quality oil, knock on wood i haven't grenaded a motor since- been 3 years on it so far.

OnPoint 02-27-2009 02:52 PM

[quote=DoodleF4i;3811799]you sir are a fuckin dumb shit..every post you make is ignorant and normally wrong.[/quote]

+1

I and many others who are running the pick up have not noticed any problems since the install. The oil definitely makes its way back to the pick up and it will always stay submerged with the mod. I know people who have been running this for years, hitting the rev limiter while sitting on the bar for a while and their bikes continue to run strong.

Towlieee 02-27-2009 02:55 PM

[QUOTE=OnPoint;3811824]+1

I and many others who are running the pick up have not noticed any problems since the install. The oil definitely makes its way back to the pick up and it will always stay submerged with the mod. I know people who have been running this for years, hitting the rev limiter while sitting on the bar for a while and their bikes continue to run strong.[/QUOTE]

I have 34k on my f4i and hit rev limiter daily sometimes on 12 (rarely as I just scrape 12 no bar tricks) and my motor still runs strong..

I also run $2 a quart car oil with a car oil filter :yeah :cheers

you can call me a dumb shit if you want, but park your bike on 12 and leave it running. Take a video for me if you would..

Mine always lost pressure after 30ish seconds, and the fact I never do bar tricks I just said screw it and sold it got my $90 back
my bike will run ALL DAY at this position with stock
[url]http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4337/merksteptossji5.jpg[/url]

DoodleF4i 02-27-2009 02:56 PM

yes,ive had an f4is with and without picks up. and the pick up def made my motor last a long ass time..took my pick up out and it blew up 3 weeks later.

imafrogg420 02-27-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=Ryan S;3811817]just put amsoil in your bike and you'll be fine....went through 14 motors before switching to quality oil, knock on wood i haven't grenaded a motor since- been 3 years on it so far.[/quote]

hm how convient that you happen to be sponsored by amsoil also:LOL

ha jk just bustin your balls ryan. I run amsoil too and love the stuff!!:yeah

50Outlaw 02-27-2009 03:12 PM

[QUOTE=OnPoint;3811789]Anyone who is stunting a 01-03 F4i should run this oil pick-up. When you look at pick-up's position and how it works, it's obvious that the motor will starve for oil during long wheelies. It took me blowing my motor to realize it. You can over fill your oil to help, but that causes other problems like blowing seals and causing extra crank drag.

When I got my new motor I tried ordering it from Stuntex, but they would not return any of my emails or provide a # the contact them. After several attempts I got tired of waiting, as I wasn't going to ride until I installed it, and therefore I had a good friend on my who is an engineer design one and have it made on a CNC.

Once I put it on my bike, many others who rock F4i's were hitting me up so I just got a new batch made, ready to ship. It's just as good as the Stuntex, if not better and the installation is simple.

The price is $55.00 Shipped, and for that price there is no reason not to run one. Stuntex was selling them for $99.95

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan
3. Put the repositioning ring around the pick-up (as shown in the pic) then bend the little nipple up. This allows you to turn the pick up 180 degrees around so that the oil intake is further back.
4. Put the baffle on the pan just as you would a gasket using silicon on both sides and reinstall.

As you can see, this creates a pool of oil around the pick up during wheelies so that you never run dry. Without it, all the oil moves to other parts of the engine and tranny leaving the pick up sucking air. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
OnPoint[/QUOTE]

hmmm... looks like a direct rip off of stuntex's design...

ill let ryan know..

50slut 02-27-2009 03:23 PM

[SIZE="3"]bar tricks & dumbass people who dont maintain their bikes blow motors [/SIZE]:2cents

crazy636stunter 02-27-2009 03:31 PM

there is no need to put an oil pick up on a f4i!

Scott982 02-27-2009 03:32 PM

How is that better than a stuntex oil pickup when all you did was copy it? Come up with something original instead of stealing someone else's design and making a copy. Ryan and Brad did a lot of research and testing when making those and all you did was copy it.

I have stuntex f4i pickups in stock ready to ship. I am taking care of the online sells now so that everybody will get there product on time and without hassle.

D-buck D.F.L 02-27-2009 03:42 PM

nobody wheelies down the highway at 12 for miles so i think ill save my 55 bucks....:2cents

KO 02-27-2009 03:43 PM

so does anyone have a oil pickup for the 03-04 636?

errkgixxer7 02-27-2009 03:44 PM

hey bro i need an oil pick up for my f4i hit me up dude!!!!! thanx

I_throw_nickels 02-27-2009 03:45 PM

[quote=Scott982;3811881]How is that better than a stuntex oil pickup when all you did was copy it? Come up with something original instead of stealing someone else's design and making a copy. Ryan and Brad did a lot of research and testing when making those and all you did was copy it.

I have stuntex f4i pickups in stock ready to ship. I am taking care of the online sells now so that everybody will get there product on time and without hassle.[/quote]

cheaper is better :shruggs

Retro 02-27-2009 03:55 PM

:LOL:LOL:shruggs
not needed , run 1/2 quart over you'll be fine. it's not a "sit your bike running in the 12 position all day contest"
save your cash :2cents

OnPoint 02-27-2009 04:01 PM

[QUOTE=Scott982;3811881]How is that better than a stuntex oil pickup when all you did was copy it? Come up with something original instead of stealing someone else's design and making a copy. Ryan and Brad did a lot of research and testing when making those and all you did was copy it.

I have stuntex f4i pickups in stock ready to ship. I am taking care of the online sells now so that everybody will get there product on time and without hassle.[/QUOTE]

It's a little better b/c it covers more of the pick up there creatinga bigger pool of oil around it. But both do the job. Another reason it's better is it's half the price. And my intenions were to by it from stuntex but they would not return any of my emails. I am not in this for a profit as you can tell by the price. I'm just trying to help others from blowing their motor like I did.

Halfrican 02-27-2009 04:12 PM

shit son me, wondo and #2 bounce off the rev limiter all day. 12s, circles, and stalls and we aint blown shit up yet! well maybe #2 has but thats because he was back past 12 and was in a stall and held it there for like 5 min bouncing that rev!:yeah:yeah:yeah

Ryan S 02-27-2009 04:16 PM

YES, i get 55 gallon drums of the stuff and change my oil more frequently than i change tires, and i usually change a tire every 2 times i ride......BUT with that said, if i HAD to buy the stuff, i actually would.....i spent way too many friday nights putting rod bearings into motors to do shows on saturday nights.....overseas i worked for two companies that were sponsored by motul, I personally blew up 2 bikes over there and Tony L blew 2 up as well.....there is something about the research that has gone into amsoil...i've never ran an oil pickup in my bikes, just straight amsoil

50slut 02-27-2009 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Halfrican;3811940]shit son me, wondo and #2 bounce off the rev limiter all day. 12s, circles, and stalls and we aint blown shit up yet! well maybe #2 has but thats because he was back past 12 and was in a stall and held it there for like 5 min bouncing that rev!:yeah:yeah:yeah[/QUOTE]

:cheers

WheelzUp 02-27-2009 04:36 PM

whatever guru uses works

checkout 6:10 of this vid

[url]http://vimeo.com/gurustunts[/url]

stuntwars 09

ATOWN1101 02-27-2009 05:03 PM

[quote=Halfrican;3811940]shit son me, wondo and #2 bounce off the rev limiter all day. 12s, circles, and stalls and we aint blown shit up yet! well maybe #2 has but thats because he was back past 12 and was in a stall and held it there for like 5 min bouncing that rev!:yeah:yeah:yeah[/quote]
so you running a pickup or not :shruggs

Kevmo7 02-27-2009 05:33 PM

bullshit i hate it

Towlieee and Halfrican are right :cheers

i ran 1 litre over fill on my cbr600rr and yeah it smoked but it lasted 2 minutes on the rev limiter doing a burnout once, blew the radiator but the engine itself was fine :2cents

[url]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f237/Kevmo7/Photo-0267.jpg[/url]

OnPoint 02-27-2009 05:36 PM

[quote=WheelzUp;3811967]whatever guru uses works

checkout 6:10 of this vid

[URL]http://vimeo.com/gurustunts[/URL]

stuntwars 09[/quote]

That was sick. What up rev limiter coaster circles. :yeah

Kevmo7 02-27-2009 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
everybody says the same about SV650's

blah blah, they blew the front cylinder blah

My mate lee has stunted his for like 2 years, 1 litre overfill off oil and its never once gone bang

and thats with a couple of 4 mile highway wheelies on some of our street sessions!

and some other big angles:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzOiS7JptlU[/url]

another pic to prove im not talkin shit:

skidmark 02-27-2009 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=Towlieee;3811794]
That gasket will actually make the bike run dry. [/QUOTE]

you probably forgot to turn the pickup around as well... My bike can run on the bar all day and no oil light will come on. I've done lots of shit on the revlimiter and no light. Still have the same motor going on my 4th season now.

A buddy of mine got to installing his 3rd motor before he finally listened to me and got the pickup and had me install it. He is still on that 3rd motor with no problems.

The gasket WORKS!

nags 02-27-2009 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=skidmark;3812163]you probably forgot to turn the pickup around as well... My bike can run on the bar all day and no oil light will come on. I've done lots of shit on the revlimiter and no light. Still have the same motor going on my 4th season now.

A buddy of mine got to installing his 3rd motor before he finally listened to me and got the pickup and had me install it. He is still on that 3rd motor with no problems.

The gasket WORKS![/QUOTE]

Yep. I run a Stuntex Pickup.. Never seen my oil light come on.. Ever.

PAUL H 02-27-2009 08:12 PM

[quote=OnPoint;3811789]Anyone who is stunting a 01-03 F4i should run this oil pick-up. When you look at pick-up's position and how it works, it's obvious that the motor will starve for oil during long wheelies. It took me blowing my motor to realize it. You can over fill your oil to help, but that causes other problems like blowing seals and causing extra crank drag.

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan

Thanks,
OnPoint[/quote]

Hell yea man,, thats a great idea and for the price its even better. I wish there was more people like you out here in the world just because someone comes up with an idea and is selling it for much more then its worth. If you can make em for all different bikes i bet ud make a hell of money if you would sell it that way. Fuck the haters . If anything you're saving people money and thats the whole point. :yeah:apimp Put the big names out of business or make them lower their price cuz some of this shit thats being sold is just ridiculous.

OnPoint 02-27-2009 08:23 PM

[quote=stuntman420;3812245]Hell yea man,, thats a great idea and for the price its even better. I wish there was more people like you out here in the world just because someone comes up with an idea and is selling it for much more then its worth. If you can make em for all different bikes i bet ud make a hell of money if you would sell it that way. Fuck the haters . If anything you're saving people money and thats the whole point. :yeah:apimp Put the big names out of business or make them lower their price cuz some of this shit thats being sold is just ridiculous.[/quote]

Thanks a lot man. I appreciate the support. I only made this b/c I needed one for my bike and there was none available. And I put it up here for pretty much what it cost me to make it. I figured that I already got the difficult part of designing it with done with my engineering buddy so way not share it others and help some people out.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I'm going to make any for other bikes b/c the F4i is the only one that I stunt. I do have a few other really cool mods for the F4i, and a couple of people have been asking for them, but since I don't own a CNC it is difficult to make them cheap.

Towlieee 02-27-2009 10:10 PM

[QUOTE=skidmark;3812163]you probably forgot to turn the pickup around as well... My bike can run on the bar all day and no oil light will come on. I've done lots of shit on the revlimiter and no light. Still have the same motor going on my 4th season now.

The gasket WORKS![/QUOTE]

No it was definitely turned around. Sure, it WOULD go on the bar and not lose pressure, but leaving it parked idling on the bar it always lost pressure after a good 30 seconds..

There isn't anyway for a f4i to get oil into the oil pan when its on the 12 bar with that gasket, that gasket physically stops the oil from getting into the oil pan.. Of course for a good 20-30 sceonds at least there is enough oil in there, but once its gone, its gone..

ALso how far is your bar? Mine is JUST past 12 and that was enough to make a stuntex setup lose pressure overtime

IF you do bar tricks, I'll back up a pickup 100%, it will help. But in my experience, it will NOT make your bike keep pressure for long periods of time on the 12 bar.. It will extend the time your bike keeps pressure, but it dosen't keep pressure forever

Btw I know I'm no pro, im just a squid tryin to get better. But I do have 34k on my f4i, only ran a pickup for about 500 miles, and I hit rev limiter DAILY. And by daily, I hit rev limiter today on the way to my friends house in 30f weather, and I plan on riding home tonight and will probably hit rev limiter as long as its not snowing!

[QUOTE=nags;3812187]Yep. I run a Stuntex Pickup.. Never seen my oil light come on.. Ever.[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right? Or do you NOT do stoppies? :shruggs My f4i ALWAYS lost pressure when doing even a 5 foot stoppie... My best stoppies EVER were only 70foot.. And on them it would lose pressure almost the entire thing

edit: I'm not hating on pick-ups, I'm hating on people saying they are a 'fix all solution'. It wont make your bike keep oil pressure forever imo, and it won't stop your motor from blowing.
And unless you park on the bar, or do bar tricks, it wont make any difference. Even doing a 200 foot scrape your bike will be fine stock with .5 quart over.happens

lee majors 02-27-2009 11:10 PM

thanks to on-point for offering these to everyone at such a low price.:cheers

heres my opinion on it.
towilee has a valid point that you can accomplish the same thing by adding .5qts over (as adding the pickup), [SIZE=3]but[/SIZE] most people (especially stunters) don't check their oil enough and aren't even close to .5 over(often lower), so thats where the pickup would come in handy.

edit: i think most motors are blown from just plain not checkin the oil level:2cents

50Outlaw 02-28-2009 12:13 AM

[QUOTE=stuntman420;3812245]Hell yea man,, thats a great idea and for the price its even better. I wish there was more people like you out here in the world just because someone comes up with an idea and is selling it for much more then its worth. If you can make em for all different bikes i bet ud make a hell of money if you would sell it that way. Fuck the haters . If anything you're saving people money and thats the whole point. :yeah:apimp Put the big names out of business or make them lower their price cuz some of this shit thats being sold is just ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

yeah man its fucking awesome..

he can make them for gixxers too, all he needs to do is buy a gixxer pickup from ryan, copy the design like he did with the f4i, and sell them!

faker of the funk...

secret weapon 02-28-2009 12:56 AM

[SIZE=5]fakers of the funk....[/SIZE] hahhaha, :LOL

[SIZE=6]i know someone who fits that description reall welll!!!!!![/SIZE]

OnPoint 02-28-2009 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=50Outlaw;3812628]yeah man its fucking awesome..

he can make them for gixxers too, all he needs to do is buy a gixxer pickup from ryan, copy the design like he did with the f4i, and sell them!

faker of the funk...[/QUOTE]

Actually if you took the time to read the posts you would have realized that the only reason I made these was that Stuntex would not return any of my emails and therefore I had no choice but to make it. I would have have GLADLY bought one for them even at $100 if they have sold me one. The one I made, I did on my own. Trust me, I wish I didn't have to deal with the hassel. And as mentioned in my other posts I have no intension of making any for other bikes as I only stunt an F4i. So BoomSmash!

No fakers of funk here.

Josh Faught 02-28-2009 04:22 AM

YOur pickups are booty homie......why dont you figure you own shit out instead of copying someone that has worked hard for something

ATOWN1101 02-28-2009 08:59 AM

I see were this guy is coming from making these pickups.Until i seen this thread there was no one that could find these pickups any wear. And stuntex never gets back to you. So i dont blame the guy for making his own. shit if Hohey stoped making his stuff and i could not find a way to get one of his brackets ya better hurry up and no i would be making one of my own:2cents

zride 02-28-2009 09:40 AM

[quote=50Outlaw;3811858]hmmm... looks like a direct rip off of stuntex's design...

ill let ryan know..[/quote]

YOU DO THAT! Also tell that fuckin fag he owes me some money. Dont buy a stuntex pickup! That douche bag is a rip off artists. Thank g-d someone has started making these pickups. Not that I need one or even want one now but just for the fact that hopefully some other company will put Ryan and his scheme rip off pickup company to rest. He has ripped off companies and everyday riders including myself. Bottom line is I sent him money and he took off without sending out a part. I have contacted multiple online comppanies that have said they too have been Stuntexified. He is a retard and if ever wants to make a trip to cali I would meet up with him....:FIGHT

anarchist35 02-28-2009 10:04 AM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

sorry, needed a little extra for the extra drama here...