Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Life is a Risk so Live It

OnPoint is a decent person
Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

Anyone who is stunting a 01-03 F4i should run this oil pick-up. When you look at pick-up's position and how it works, it's obvious that the motor will starve for oil during long wheelies. It took me blowing my motor to realize it. You can over fill your oil to help, but that causes other problems like blowing seals and causing extra crank drag.

When I got my new motor I tried ordering it from Stuntex, but they would not return any of my emails or provide a # the contact them. After several attempts I got tired of waiting, as I wasn't going to ride until I installed it, and therefore I had a good friend on my who is an engineer design one and have it made on a CNC.

Once I put it on my bike, many others who rock F4i's were hitting me up so I just got a new batch made, ready to ship. It's just as good as the Stuntex, if not better and the installation is simple.

The price is $55.00 Shipped, and for that price there is no reason not to run one. Stuntex was selling them for $99.95

I only have 11 left so if your interested let me know.

Here is how you install it:

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan
3. Put the repositioning ring around the pick-up (as shown in the pic) then bend the little nipple up. This allows you to turn the pick up 180 degrees around so that the oil intake is further back.
4. Put the baffle on the pan just as you would a gasket using silicon on both sides and reinstall.

As you can see, this creates a pool of oil around the pick up during wheelies so that you never run dry. Without it, all the oil moves to other parts of the engine and tranny leaving the pick up sucking air. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
OnPoint
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pick up 1.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	221344   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pick up 2.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	221345  
Old 02-27-2009, 02:32 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

That gasket will actually make the bike run dry. There is NO way for the oil to get past the gasket, once the oil in the pan runs dry on 12, it can't get oil back into the pan..

Sure it helps soon as you hit 12, due to the fact your pickup is submerged. Once it sucks all that oil up though, there is no way for oil to get back into the oil pan unless you set it down.

during wheelies so that you never run dry.
IF your soo sure park it at or past 12 and let it idle, see if your oil light ever comes on..

thats my like it or not, I've ran a pickup and I removed it. If anything I'd just turn the stock pickup around and not use that gasket
edit: anyone that DOES run a pickup, purchase a new oil pickup o-ring!! I didn't replace mine at first and it gave me oil pressure problems.. My gasket even looked perfect, soon as I put a new one in no more oil pressure issues

Last edited by Towlieee; 02-27-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:38 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Towlieee

That gasket will actually make the bike run dry. There is NO way for the oil to get past the gasket, once the oil in the pan runs dry on 12, it can't get oil back into the pan..

Sure it helps soon as you hit 12, due to the fact your pickup is submerged. Once it sucks all that oil up though, there is no way for oil to get back into the oil pan unless you set it down.

IF your soo sure park it at or past 12 and let it idle, see if your oil light ever comes on..

thats my like it or not, I've ran a pickup and I removed it. If anything I'd just turn the stock pickup around and not use that gasket
edit: anyone that DOES run a pickup, purchase a new oil pickup o-ring!! I didn't replace mine at first and it gave me oil pressure problems.. My gasket even looked perfect, soon as I put a new one in no more oil pressure issues
you sir are a ****** dumb ****..every post you make is ignorant and normally wrong.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:47 PM

Towlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of lightTowlieee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
you sir are a ****** dumb ****..every post you make is ignorant and normally wrong.
Ok..

Have you tried this pickup? Have you parked your bike on 12 and see how long it ran for?

Mine lost oil pressure after around 20-30 seconds everytime..

Oil pickups are obviously good if you do bar tricks, but if you don't they are un needed.
And this design will not make your bike run at 12 forever. I've tried it.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:50 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

just put amsoil in your bike and you'll be fine....went through 14 motors before switching to quality oil, knock on wood i haven't grenaded a motor since- been 3 years on it so far.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by DoodleF4i
+1

I and many others who are running the pick up have not noticed any problems since the install. The oil definitely makes its way back to the pick up and it will always stay submerged with the mod. I know people who have been running this for years, hitting the rev limiter while sitting on the bar for a while and their bikes continue to run strong.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint
+1

I and many others who are running the pick up have not noticed any problems since the install. The oil definitely makes its way back to the pick up and it will always stay submerged with the mod. I know people who have been running this for years, hitting the rev limiter while sitting on the bar for a while and their bikes continue to run strong.
I have 34k on my f4i and hit rev limiter daily sometimes on 12 (rarely as I just scrape 12 no bar tricks) and my motor still runs strong..

I also run $2 a quart car oil with a car oil filter

you can call me a dumb **** if you want, but park your bike on 12 and leave it running. Take a video for me if you would..

Mine always lost pressure after 30ish seconds, and the fact I never do bar tricks I just said screw it and sold it got my $90 back
my bike will run ALL DAY at this position with stock
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4...teptossji5.jpg
Old 02-27-2009, 02:56 PM

DoodleF4i can only hope to improve

yes,ive had an f4is with and without picks up. and the pick up def made my motor last a long *** time..took my pick up out and it blew up 3 weeks later.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Jim CrashoBazzi

imafrogg420 is a decent person

Originally Posted by Ryan S
just put amsoil in your bike and you'll be fine....went through 14 motors before switching to quality oil, knock on wood i haven't grenaded a motor since- been 3 years on it so far.
hm how convient that you happen to be sponsored by amsoil also

ha jk just bustin your ***** ryan. I run amsoil too and love the stuff!!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:12 PM
da fiddy bitches!!!

50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute50Outlaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OnPoint
Anyone who is stunting a 01-03 F4i should run this oil pick-up. When you look at pick-up's position and how it works, it's obvious that the motor will starve for oil during long wheelies. It took me blowing my motor to realize it. You can over fill your oil to help, but that causes other problems like blowing seals and causing extra crank drag.

When I got my new motor I tried ordering it from Stuntex, but they would not return any of my emails or provide a # the contact them. After several attempts I got tired of waiting, as I wasn't going to ride until I installed it, and therefore I had a good friend on my who is an engineer design one and have it made on a CNC.

Once I put it on my bike, many others who rock F4i's were hitting me up so I just got a new batch made, ready to ship. It's just as good as the Stuntex, if not better and the installation is simple.

The price is $55.00 Shipped, and for that price there is no reason not to run one. Stuntex was selling them for $99.95

I only have 11 left so if your interested let me know.

Here is how you install it:

1. Remove the header
2. Remove the oil pan
3. Put the repositioning ring around the pick-up (as shown in the pic) then bend the little nipple up. This allows you to turn the pick up 180 degrees around so that the oil intake is further back.
4. Put the baffle on the pan just as you would a gasket using silicon on both sides and reinstall.

As you can see, this creates a pool of oil around the pick up during wheelies so that you never run dry. Without it, all the oil moves to other parts of the engine and tranny leaving the pick up sucking air. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
OnPoint

hmmm... looks like a direct rip off of stuntex's design...

ill let ryan know..
Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
"Keep Your F4i's IDIOTS"

50slut will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

bar tricks & dumbass people who dont maintain their bikes blow motors
Old 02-27-2009, 03:31 PM

crazy636stunter is a decent person

there is no need to put an oil pick up on a f4i!
Old 02-27-2009, 03:32 PM

Scott982 is a decent person

How is that better than a stuntex oil pickup when all you did was copy it? Come up with something original instead of stealing someone else's design and making a copy. Ryan and Brad did a lot of research and testing when making those and all you did was copy it.

I have stuntex f4i pickups in stock ready to ship. I am taking care of the online sells now so that everybody will get there product on time and without hassle.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 PM

D-buck D.F.L is an unknown quantity at this point

nobody wheelies down the highway at 12 for miles so i think ill save my 55 bucks....
Old 02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
KO
One Wheel Pimp'n

KO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond reputeKO has a reputation beyond repute

so does anyone have a oil pickup for the 03-04 636?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:44 PM

errkgixxer7 is a decent person

hey bro i need an oil pick up for my f4i hit me up dude!!!!! thanx
Old 02-27-2009, 03:45 PM

I_throw_nickels is a decent person

Originally Posted by Scott982
How is that better than a stuntex oil pickup when all you did was copy it? Come up with something original instead of stealing someone else's design and making a copy. Ryan and Brad did a lot of research and testing when making those and all you did was copy it.

I have stuntex f4i pickups in stock ready to ship. I am taking care of the online sells now so that everybody will get there product on time and without hassle.

cheaper is better
Old 02-27-2009, 03:55 PM

Retro is a decent person

not needed , run 1/2 quart over you'll be fine. it's not a "sit your bike running in the 12 position all day contest"
save your cash
Old 02-27-2009, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scott982

It's a little better b/c it covers more of the pick up there creatinga bigger pool of oil around it. But both do the job. Another reason it's better is it's half the price. And my intenions were to by it from stuntex but they would not return any of my emails. I am not in this for a profit as you can tell by the price. I'm just trying to help others from blowing their motor like I did.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Halfrican is a decent person

**** son me, wondo and #2 bounce off the rev limiter all day. 12s, circles, and stalls and we aint blown **** up yet! well maybe #2 has but thats because he was back past 12 and was in a stall and held it there for like 5 min bouncing that rev!

Quick Reply: Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available