Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/246643-dont-blow-your-f4i.html)

I_throw_nickels 02-28-2009 10:30 AM

Re: Don't Blow your F4i Motor... Oil Pick-Up's Available

[quote=Towlieee;3812433]No it was definitely turned around. Sure, it WOULD go on the bar and not lose pressure, but leaving it parked idling on the bar it always lost pressure after a good 30 seconds..

There isn't anyway for a f4i to get oil into the oil pan when its on the 12 bar with that gasket, that gasket physically stops the oil from getting into the oil pan.. Of course for a good 20-30 sceonds at least there is enough oil in there, but once its gone, its gone..

ALso how far is your bar? Mine is JUST past 12 and that was enough to make a stuntex setup lose pressure overtime

IF you do bar tricks, I'll back up a pickup 100%, it will help. But in my experience, it will NOT make your bike keep pressure for long periods of time on the 12 bar.. It will extend the time your bike keeps pressure, but it dosen't keep pressure forever

Btw I know I'm no pro, im just a squid tryin to get better. But I do have 34k on my f4i, only ran a pickup for about 500 miles, and I hit rev limiter DAILY. And by daily, I hit rev limiter today on the way to my friends house in 30f weather, and I plan on riding home tonight and will probably hit rev limiter as long as its not snowing!

Your kidding right? Or do you NOT do stoppies? :shruggs My f4i ALWAYS lost pressure when doing even a 5 foot stoppie... My best stoppies EVER were only 70foot.. And on them it would lose pressure almost the entire thing

edit: I'm not hating on pick-ups, I'm hating on people saying they are a 'fix all solution'. It wont make your bike keep oil pressure forever imo, and it won't stop your motor from blowing.
And unless you park on the bar, or do bar tricks, it wont make any difference. Even doing a 200 foot scrape your bike will be fine stock with .5 quart over.happens[/quote]

squids do 30 second burnouts on the 12 bar :LOL the fuckin point in getting a pickup is not having to over fill the oil in the case and causing crank drag ....dont you get it :shruggs

g-man FOFC 02-28-2009 11:56 AM

ill take one, stuntex has called me back in a year so i stopped trying. but i dont think the bike really needs it , ive been hearing alot of bad things about them

spiller03 02-28-2009 12:19 PM

wow its a flat piece and the stock pick up turned around. i make them for a 600rr so you can park it on the pipe. send me your stock pick up and i'll modify for you

sdfkillz 02-28-2009 12:23 PM

ive owned every bike there is and parked em all and watched for the oil light to come on and the only one that i ever saw do it was my 04 gsxr and i put a pickup in that and solved the problem. i dont know anyone that runs a pickup for an f4i. i run my oil level to the top of the sight glass and never have any problems. most ppl i believe blow their engines from not doing the kleen air mod. ppl just assume its from oil starvation. the truth is too, sometimes u just get a shit motor, you can always bring it down to it being oil starvation. u will know if your bike is sucking air cuz ur oil light will come on. and even then it can be because of sediment clogging ur pump/pickup. some of u guys need to learn to think outside the box instead of just automaticly assuming that its ur pickup and oil starvation. if ur light comes on, check ur oil level. if oil level is where it should be (top of sight glass) then u may have a problem with your pickup, like i said ive only seen it on 04/05 gsxr's

Big Float 02-28-2009 12:31 PM

i paid $85 for one from stunt-ex like two years ago, which I felt like I was getting assraped on the price but they were the only people selling them.

after all Ive heard about them ripping people off and not caring enough to even get back to people I feel lucky that I even got mine. i guess stuntex thought fuck it were on the only people making them so they have to buy from us and pay our inflated prices. this guy has them for $55 which is alot better on the price, so why not, this is what happens in business, obviously stuntex didnt spring for the patten rights on the pick ups, im suprised it took this long for this to happen

he did rip off the design, but what else was he supposed to do, he needed one, send his money off and pray that he might get a pick up sent to him.

spiller03 02-28-2009 12:41 PM

[QUOTE=sdfkillz;3813145]ive owned every bike there is and parked em all and watched for the oil light to come on and the only one that i ever saw do it was my 04 gsxr and i put a pickup in that and solved the problem. i dont know anyone that runs a pickup for an f4i. i run my oil level to the top of the sight glass and never have any problems. most ppl i believe blow their engines from not doing the kleen air mod. ppl just assume its from oil starvation. the truth is too, sometimes u just get a shit motor, you can always bring it down to it being oil starvation. u will know if your bike is sucking air cuz ur oil light will come on. and even then it can be because of sediment clogging ur pump/pickup. some of u guys need to learn to think outside the box instead of just automaticly assuming that its ur pickup and oil starvation. if ur light comes on, check ur oil level. if oil level is where it should be (top of sight glass) then u may have a problem with your pickup, like i said ive only seen it on 04/05 gsxr's[/QUOTE]

your a dumbass. :banghead

I_throw_nickels 02-28-2009 12:54 PM

[quote=spiller03;3813140]wow its a flat piece and the stock pick up turned around. i make them for a 600rr so you can park it on the pipe. send me your stock pick up and i'll modify for you[/quote]

you doin it for free or something?...figure in shipping and then your 20 bucks to do it and the time your gonna wait for it to come back...50 doesnt sound so bad now does it:shruggs not everybody can modify there own pick ups

636squid 02-28-2009 12:58 PM

[quote=50Outlaw;3811858]hmmm... looks like a direct rip off of stuntex's design...

ill let ryan know..[/quote]

Isn't stuntex the company that doesn't ship out thier shit!!!! you should let them know then maybe they'll stop ripping people off!!!!! RIDE A 636 AND YOU WON'T HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!!!!!

636squid 02-28-2009 01:02 PM

[quote=OnPoint;3812669]Actually if you took the time to read the posts you would have realized that the only reason I made these was that Stuntex would not return any of my emails and therefore I had no choice but to make it.
No fakers of funk here.[/quote]

From what I here Stuntex fucking sucks, them and Powers order your shit and one day you'll get it.

killswitch12283 02-28-2009 01:27 PM

[quote=50Outlaw;3811858]hmmm... looks like a direct rip off of stuntex's design...

jesus....

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/Sixty9SS/nutswinger1dy.gif[/IMG]

da Liks 02-28-2009 01:37 PM

sure its almost a copy, but if stuntex doesnt even sell em, fuck it..

Klos 02-28-2009 01:39 PM

[quote=WheelzUp;3811967]whatever guru uses works

checkout 6:10 of this vid

[URL]http://vimeo.com/gurustunts[/URL]

stuntwars 09[/quote]
Thats the motor that came in the bike when he got it like 4 or 5 years ago and all he ever did on that thing is rev limiter coaster and stalls his motor is a beast I dont even think it has an oil pick up

y2kmk 02-28-2009 01:47 PM

props to this kid for making his own, and +1 on fuck stuntex. i have 2 friends who ordered shit and never got it... and for one hundred bucks a fucking pop!! holy shit i'd be livid!

JonnY X 02-28-2009 01:55 PM

[QUOTE=da Liks;3813212]sure its almost a copy, but if stuntex doesnt even sell em, fuck it..[/QUOTE]

Correction they still sell them but they never get shipped to you.

636squid 02-28-2009 04:09 PM

While I'm at it I'll suck his dick too!!!!!! Oh fuck me Ryan you con artist FUCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

sdfkillz 02-28-2009 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=spiller03;3813158]your a dumbass. :banghead[/QUOTE]

care to elaborate? and really if youre gonna call me a dumb ass at least use proper english. your is a possession, youre is being something. just for future reference so you dont look retarded when youre calling someone dumb. dumb ass is also 2 separate words btw.

Scott982 02-28-2009 05:15 PM

I sell the stuntex pickups online now and I ship stuff out everyday. The stuff that happened in the past was fucked up but I had nothing to do with it. I am not part of stuntex, I just live down the street from Ryan so I can go to his house and buy a bunch of pickups to sell online.

636squid 02-28-2009 05:21 PM

[quote=Scott982;3813406]I sell the stuntex pickups online now and I ship stuff out everyday. The stuff that happened in the past was fucked up but I had nothing to do with it. I am not part of stuntex, I just live down the street from Ryan so I can go to his house and buy a bunch of pickups to sell online.[/quote]

SUCKS FOR YOU!!! Sounds like he's a con artist!!! If you do what you say you do time will tell, and if you fuck up SL will let everyone know.

Scott982 02-28-2009 05:26 PM

[QUOTE=636squid;3813417]SUCKS FOR YOU!!! Sounds like he's a con artist!!! If you do what you say you do time will tell, and if you fuck up SL will let everyone know.[/QUOTE]

I have been on this site for a long time and have never fucked over anyone.

636squid 02-28-2009 05:40 PM

[quote=Scott982;3813420]I have been on this site for a long time and have never fucked over anyone.[/quote]

I think thats great but your boy Ryan has fucked people and that sucks for you. If I started selling powers cages people might be cautious, and for good reason. Like I said after you make some solid sales and people trust you, you'll do alright. Untill then don't be suprised if people don't trust you or your product, word of mouth goes along way. SI RULES, they've got a great rep and that sells products, Stuntex people cringe and that sucks for you. TOO BAD!!!! You're better off selling YUTTTT UGHHHH stickers!!!!!