Re: 2 Die In Truck-Motorcycle Crash In Rock County

he must have been flying!!! another statistic
Old 06-24-2005, 01:10 PM

POPEYE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hwy. 11 accident kills two

By Mike DuPre'
Gazette Staff

A young man and a young woman's paths crossed Thursday morning.

Tragically.

It was the end of the road for Amy M. Hockmuth and Kyle S. Eckelberg, both of Janesville.

Eckelberg was riding his Honda sport motorcycle south on Highway 11. He was flying.

Hockmuth was sitting high in her full-size GMC pickup truck at Hanover Road.

Maybe she didn't see the motorcycle. Maybe she was in a hurry. Maybe she gambled.

Hockmuth pulled out to cross Highway 11. Eckelberg's motorcycle slammed into the driver's side door of the pickup.

The force was so intense that .Eckelberg and his bike wound up in the truck cabin with Hockmuth. The impact tipped the large pickup onto its passenger side.

Janesville firefighters had to extricate both victims and the motorcycle from the truck.

"Going through a truck is definitely more energy than 55 miles per hour," said Sgt. David Vierck of the Rock County Sheriff's Department.

Speed was a definite factor in the accident, said Vierck, who directed the investigation at the accident scene.

No evidence of alcohol or drug use was found at the scene, he added

Hockmuth was traveling east, apparently on her way home to 105½ S. Academy St. from her boyfriend's house. She had a young daughter, the sheriff's department reported.

Hockmuth was 23.

Eckelberg lived with his parents-Kenny and Debbie Eckelberg, 3033 W. Avalon Road.

He was 20.

The accident occurred at 11:07 a.m. in Rock Township.

Hockmuth failed to yield the right of way from a stop sign. Eckelberg was speeding.

Both had poor driving records.

Hockmuth's court record showed eight traffic tickets, including two convictions for driving on a suspended license and an open case for driving on a revoked license.

Eckelberg's court record showed six traffic tickets, most for speeding. His most recent ticket was for driving 48 mph over the limit on May 16.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:11 PM

POPEYE is an unknown quantity at this point

here is the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
fatal062405.jpg (37.2 KB, 153 views)
Old 06-24-2005, 02:02 PM

unclejackss is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it just me or did the way that was written offend anyone? Maybe I just read it wrong but I was made to feel like they deserved their fate because of their driving records? I feel that the story should have been told as a news story not in a movie like interpretation. Sorry to rant but that story pissed me off!
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM

CK 187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unclejackss
Was it just me or did the way that was written offend anyone? Maybe I just read it wrong but I was made to feel like they deserved their fate because of their driving records? I feel that the story should have been told as a news story not in a movie like interpretation. Sorry to rant but that story pissed me off!

I agree. Past driving records have nothing to do with this particular accident. I like how they say "he was flying" and "definitely more than 55mph". Since when are the jerk-off sheriffs forensic scientists or even accident scene investigators? They're not! They are there to direct traffic and assist if needed. Nothing more. Paramedics and the coroner get the grizzly job, and the fire dept. usually does cleanup unless the county dept is on hand.

*******!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 PM
I hate wallabies.

KangarooJack is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ckcrew
I agree. Past driving records have nothing to do with this particular accident. I like how they say "he was flying" and "definitely more than 55mph". Since when are the jerk-off sheriffs forensic scientists or even accident scene investigators? They're not! They are there to direct traffic and assist if needed. Nothing more. Paramedics and the coroner get the grizzly job, and the fire dept. usually does cleanup unless the county dept is on hand.

*******!

If she had an open case on driving under a revoked license, I would assume she still was revoked at the time. If so and if she was obeying the law and NOT driving, none of this would had happened. Same if he wasnt "flying". Too many what ifs.

Actually LEO's deal with crashes ALOT and usually become good at estimating vehicle speeds at crash sites. A bike going 55 more than liekly wouldnt had tipped that truck over. Hell even at 75 I dont think it would had. I wouldnt be surprised if teh investigator's report said he was in triple digits.

I've been wondering if this kid is teh same one who's bike I've been hearing screaming down the bypass area and afton rd this spring.

Edit: Heres teh really sad part. According to teh court records online, he just plead not guilty to the 48 over that morning.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I Chose to No Longer Post

Ryan S is a decent person

the bike and truck are at the highway dept. off newville rd in the caged in area....i suggest going to look at the bike and truck--929 yardsale .com
Old 06-24-2005, 03:35 PM

UstewRice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ryan S
the bike and truck are at the highway dept. off newville rd in the caged in area....i suggest going to look at the bike and truck--929 yardsale .com
excuse me?
Old 06-24-2005, 03:42 PM

unclejackss is an unknown quantity at this point

you are excused
Old 06-24-2005, 03:45 PM

K2MX22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, you know that guy was flying if he tipped a big *** truck like that on its side.

Sad to see though.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:24 PM

R6Chic is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree... way too many if's.... The sadest part of the whole thing is this:

Hockmuth was traveling east, apparently on her way home to 105½ S. Academy St. from her boyfriend's house. She had a young daughter, the sheriff's department reported. Poor Lil' Girl!!
Old 06-24-2005, 04:45 PM

black04gt is an unknown quantity at this point

The newspaper really pissed me off. Your right they had no right or reason for putting that in the paper. Kyle was a good friend of mine. The first time i ever got drunk i puked all over his car. He just laughed about it. Thats the kinda of guy Kyle was. he just laughed everything off. Then reading the paper made me sick. The made him sound like he was this bad guy I'm gonna write a letter to the gazatte. There was no reason why they had to slam them the way they did. Its a shame the paper had to make people think. Oh well if they wouldnt have had problems with "traffic violations" it wouldnt have happend. Screw them. Everyone speeds. I know of alot of people that drive with out liceneses. Im not trying to justify it. Its just what people do. Everyone makes mistakes. Im so sorry for the girl and her young daughter. I havent stopped thinking about it. I dont want people to let kyle and the Amy die for nothing. If we all dont learn from this. Kyle and Amy will have died for nothing.
Rip Kyle and Amy.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:54 PM

UstewRice is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by black04gt
The newspaper really pissed me off. Your right they had no right or reason for putting that in the paper. Kyle was a good friend of mine. The first time i ever got drunk i puked all over his car. He just laughed about it. Thats the kinda of guy Kyle was. he just laughed everything off. Then reading the paper made me sick. The made him sound like he was this bad guy I'm gonna write a letter to the gazatte. There was no reason why they had to slam them the way they did. Its a shame the paper had to make people think. Oh well if they wouldnt have had problems with "traffic violations" it wouldnt have happend. Screw them. Everyone speeds. I know of alot of people that drive with out liceneses. Im not trying to justify it. Its just what people do. Everyone makes mistakes. Im so sorry for the girl and her young daughter. I havent stopped thinking about it. I dont want people to let kyle and the Amy die for nothing. If we all dont learn from this. Kyle and Amy will have died for nothing.
Rip Kyle and Amy.
Thats the truth!
Old 06-24-2005, 06:13 PM

kawisixer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think people would be surprised if they knew just how many people drive with suspended and revoked licenses. In this day and age you CANNOT make living without driving. These people did not deserve to die. It was an unfortunate accident. I feel bad for everyone involved. Man it's scary ,I hual *** on that part of that road all the time. I used to do stoppies and wheelies on hanover on the kaw all the time. Yeh Rob I was wondering who I was always hearing on afton road, every time i'm at my gf's moms house I can hear someone doing wheelies and haulin *** on afton rd.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:45 PM

CK 187 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KangarooJack
If she had an open case on driving under a revoked license, I would assume she still was revoked at the time. If so and if she was obeying the law and NOT driving, none of this would had happened.

GIVE ME A BREAK! THAT SOUNDS LIKE ATTORNEY TALK.

Actually LEO's deal with crashes ALOT and usually become good at estimating vehicle speeds at crash sites. A bike going 55 more than liekly wouldnt had tipped that truck over. Hell even at 75 I dont think it would had. I wouldnt be surprised if teh investigator's report said he was in triple digits.

I'VE GOT SEVERAL OFFICERS IN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY AND I CAN TELL YOU FROM HEARING IT FIRSTHAND. THEY ARE MORE THAN HAPPY TO STAY OUT OF THE WAY AND DIRECT TRAFFIC. IN FACT THEY ARE INSTRUCTED TO NOT INTERJECT TO MUCH OF THEIR OWN INVESTIGATIVE SKILLS INTO THE INVESTIGATION OR REPORT. JUST FACT, NOT SPECULATION.
R.I.P. TO THE BOTH OF THEM
Old 06-24-2005, 07:04 PM

moemoe is an unknown quantity at this point

so sad to die at such a young age...RIP
Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM
florida! finally

Nate-VMC is an unknown quantity at this point

im 23. I have had my license revoked and suspended longer than having a legit L's.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:48 PM

Ninjadude is an unknown quantity at this point

Imagine that! The media is sensationalizing another tragedy just cause there was a "crotch rocket" involved.........what else is new?
Old 06-24-2005, 08:16 PM

MartyB is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope the guy had insurance so at least the baby can be set up with a nice lil trust fund.. i agree, that journalist is a biased son of a ***** who has no respect for the dead or there families! a prime example of bad journalism!
Old 06-24-2005, 08:56 PM

K2MX22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninjadude
Imagine that! The media is sensationalizing another tragedy just cause there was a "crotch rocket" involved.........what else is new?

What do you mean?

Do you think if it was a Harley rider and 45 year old woman that the reporter wouldn't have investigated their driving records?

Quick Reply: 2 Die In Truck-Motorcycle Crash In Rock County