Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Vertical Mischief Crew (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/97-vertical-mischief-crew)
-   -   2 Die In Truck-Motorcycle Crash In Rock County (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/97-vertical-mischief-crew/130933-2-die-truck-motorcycle.html)

corners 06-23-2005 05:09 PM

2 Die In Truck-Motorcycle Crash In Rock County

anyone know anything about this???????

2 Die In Truck-Motorcycle Crash In Rock County

POSTED: 3:41 pm CDT June 23, 2005
UPDATED: 3:55 pm CDT June 23, 2005

A 23-year-old woman and a 20-year-old man, both of Janesville, died Thursday morning in a truck-motorcycle crash on Highway 11.

The woman was driving a truck, crossing Highway 11 at Hanover Road, after stopping at the stop sign when she was hit by a southbound motorcycle in the southbound lane of Highway 11 shortly after 11 a.m., Rock County officials said.

After impact, the man and his motorcycle came to rest inside the cab of the pickup truck.

Both drivers died at the scene.

Names have not yet been released.

Officials are investigating, but said initial indications are the truck failed to yield from the stop sign. Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in this accident, but speed is.

The motorcycle driver was wearing a helmet, but it is unknown if a seatbelt was used by the truck driver.

Copyright 2005 by Channel 3000.

POPEYE 06-23-2005 05:46 PM

Re: 2 Die In Truck-Motorcycle Crash In Rock County

the girl was a bar tender at dimond jims/isabella queen. her name is amy.

UstewRice 06-23-2005 05:47 PM

Guys name was Kyle. RIP

corners 06-23-2005 06:19 PM

My condolences go out to all the families and friends involved.

shepdawg 06-23-2005 07:08 PM

is that the skinny one with brown eyes????? if its the girl i am thinking of she graduated from milton with dan ryan and phatty..............amy hollenbeck or somthing like that???? and i know she bar tended out there!!!!!!

RIP!!!!!!!

phatboy 06-23-2005 07:39 PM

R.I.P sad to hear

Ryan S 06-23-2005 07:59 PM

RIP i graduated hs with amy, that is really sad to hear.

joey b 06-23-2005 08:38 PM

well i wont say what i did with her miss you girl she was good shit RIP :heaven

d-acesDan 06-23-2005 10:58 PM

Didnt know either of them, but very sad to here. RIP

shepdawg 06-23-2005 11:30 PM

[QUOTE=shepdawg]is that the skinny one with brown eyes????? if its the girl i am thinking of she graduated from milton with dan ryan and phatty..............amy hollenbeck or somthing like that???? and i know she bar tended out there!!!!!!

RIP!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

i jsut wanna edit that post her last name was hockmuth not hollenbeck i membered that lata on but she left behind a 4 y/o daughter which is very sad!!!

from what i have heard is the bike was traveling at a high rate of speed when it hit the truck so i am guessin the truck pulled out and had no clue the bike was even coming and was hit by it.........

Schiernbeck 06-23-2005 11:57 PM

Rest in peace

litl_bitkinky 06-24-2005 12:10 AM

Ya her daughter Arehanna (sp?) is 4 will be 5 lucky enough wasnt with her at the time
RIP Amy was a good shit!!! They are investagating as to what happend
:heaven either way I know i will miss her!

Ninjadude 06-24-2005 12:32 AM

Most unfortunate! I graduated with that Amy girl. Very sad indeed. RIP

I have a couple questions......was the motorcycle a sportbike?

and how can you go southbound on HWY.11? It is an east-west road!

KangarooJack 06-24-2005 06:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Ninjadude]Most unfortunate! I graduated with that Amy girl. Very sad indeed. RIP

and how can you go southbound on HWY.11? It is an east-west road![/QUOTE]

Thats the new bypass Dan. If you are coming into Janesville from Orfordville on HWY 11, you turn south about 1.5 miles before you get to Janesville limits. Then you head south until it starts heading back east and meets up with the old 351 to the interstate. Thats a real bad area. I'm assuming she was heading east and teh bike hit the door. Hanover Rd intersection doesnt have the greatest view of oncoming traffic. You are going up hill slightly heading south on 11 before you come to Hanover rd. That whole bypass is a death trap. River Rd exit, Afton Rd exit and that hanover rd one. Only safe one is Oakhill/avalon rd exit where you can actually SEE whats coming.

Heres a map for ya Dan. Red circles are the dangerous intersections. Blue arrows show up hill and downhill areas and teh blind ramp for Afton Rd.

Ryan S 06-24-2005 08:09 AM

rob thanks for the map!! i wheelied that whole straightaway back in the day......if the bike was really haulin around that corner she would never have seen it.

brykjo 06-24-2005 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=Ninjadude]Most unfortunate! I graduated with that Amy girl. Very sad indeed. RIP

Very sorry to hear this, I've known Amy too for about 3 years now. Another friend of mine had an accident in that very same area last August, she almost died. And for the record even numbered highways run east-west, odd run north-south :2cents

UstewRice 06-24-2005 10:47 AM

Dan it was an 01 CBR929

Ninjadude 06-24-2005 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=brykjo]Very sorry to hear this, I've known Amy too for about 3 years now. Another friend of mine had an accident in that very same area last August, she almost died. And for the record even numbered highways run east-west, odd run north-south :2cents[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew that was true about the road numbers and directions with interstate highways anyway, but I didn't know if it applied to state highways. That said, I wonder why they referred to northbound and southbound lanes on Hwy. 26 a month or so ago when there was a wreck between Janesville and Milton.

And Rob.....thanks for the map. I was thinking of a different intersection before your map!

MartyB 06-24-2005 12:15 PM

Rip..........

MartyB 06-24-2005 12:35 PM

here is the story... [url]http://www.gazetteextra.com/fatal062405.asp[/url]

man he had to be going fast to flip a full size truck over