Project F3 Fighter

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2007, 07:42 PM

LOZ- is a decent person
Re: Project F3 Fighter

I personally love "hybrid" projects like such. so im staying tuned to this thread.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 PM

FUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really niceFUCT420 is just really nice

i wanna see this thing done it sounds interesting
Old 05-13-2007, 10:56 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

its going to be sick, ima pick up the forks later this week,

we got the oven up to 330 degrees mid leval (420+ up top) in 50 minutes with half the ducting done tonight.. were hoping that if we run the out let all the way to the bottom.... we'll be good, were building a shelf to make the oven 2 feet less tall so it will be quick easy to run it 4h x 6d x 3w

Last edited by Wheeliest; 05-13-2007 at 10:58 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:12 PM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Great project !!!!! RESPECT !

Please post on www.customfighters.com
Old 05-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Scrapes Elbow

Wheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to allWheeliest is a name known to all

already am.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ead.php?t=4399
Old 05-16-2007, 08:56 AM

Catman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wheeliest

Duh, Sorry I already replied to it !!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:15 PM

LoopIt is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep us posted, I'm buying an F3 this weekend to build a fighter too!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:27 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

how the hell did i miss this thread...
Old 05-17-2007, 03:49 PM

jakesfords is an unknown quantity at this point

that looks like its going to be sick
Old 05-17-2007, 04:20 PM
Scrapes Elbow

next week i'll make alot more progress.
Old 05-17-2007, 04:29 PM

DBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of lightDBOUNCE1 is a glorious beacon of light

you better damnit
Old 05-23-2007, 09:08 PM

J-Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

Tight build, I always wanted to pick up a cheap F3 to **** with. I'm building a powder coating oven the same size too. What are you using to heat it? I was thinking about a torpedo shop heater for mine.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

what about the coils in a clothes dryer ?????
Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 PM

J-Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

My main concern is making it heat up quick. I don't know how many watts a coil from a dryer puts out, but I am guessing you would need quite a few. I really don't want to mess with wiring that much either. I was thinking of maybe using the torpedo heater to heat the oven up, and than electric coils to keep it heated.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Embrace the Hate

EZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to beholdEZEC is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by old man roger
what about the coils in a clothes dryer ?????
what about an update? and some pics
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
also known as OMR

old man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for repold man roger User spends way too much time asking for rep

if you have ever held in the little button on a dryer with a pen or some thing and left the door open and looked into the back of it i think you would see it will heat up pretty quick and i don't think you would need more then two
Old 05-23-2007, 09:22 PM
Scrapes Elbow

we bought 4 new oven elements that are 10k watts apiece, our oven runs at about 45amps. 220 volts. thing with powder coating the oven has to be evanly heated.. thats why u have to make it convection. i have been hella busy lately with on the side ****. i got 2 1/2 weeks left to complete the bike so ima start slamming **** out.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:29 PM
also known as OMR

whats convection mean ? moving air or some thing
Old 05-23-2007, 09:45 PM

Scott- is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old man roger
whats convection mean ? moving air or some thing
i take it back u are not all that wise haha but yes moves air around
Old 05-23-2007, 09:48 PM
also known as OMR

Originally Posted by KSFSTUNTER
i take it back u are not all that wise haha but yes moves air around
well i got it right ..lol

and besides the only time i've ever heard the term was in describing a microwave and lets face it i have been with the same girl for 24 years and before that my mother cooked for me so i have no kitchen experiance at all

Quick Reply: Project F3 Fighter