Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 01:01 PM
FTP

classic customs is a decent person
Re: Crash Cages Suck!

Originally Posted by Kevmo7
Sounds good to me.

Also sounds like an attempt to out do sick innovations with there free shipping

sorry to tell him but he is gonna have to do better than that to be on SICK INNOVATIONS level
Old 12-20-2008, 01:01 PM

Cincykillz is a decent person

fi look clean but $219 with no worries or $275 + oil + stators + gas money to your friend coming to pick you and your broken bike up at the lot.

tough choice....
Old 12-20-2008, 01:11 PM

Beto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really niceBeto is just really nice

Originally Posted by MiNi GuineA
Just because you made something first, makes it good? That FI cage is at bottom, I would rock a STUNTAID.COM cage off ebay before I trusted a FI.
thats a little exaggerated, theres no way in hell I'd trust a stuntaid. I rock a fi right now and will keep on rocking it until its busted. I like it because it looks good on full fairing bikes and its super easy to take off in like 10 minutes tops. But I will say that a sick innovations cage would probably do the job better when it comes to protection....
Old 12-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

what's up woodsy! long time no talkie! you hadda bring this up...i know i'm pro and i never crash (rolls eyes), and i get the cages for free BUT at this point in my career I can CHOOSE what cages i get for free, yet somehow i'm still with FI. i've had ONE cage on my BMW all year and it is still in tact and i dont plan on putting a new one on for awhile.

i rode a 600rr before that and went through a lot of motor mount bolts and a few frame sliders, but never cracked or bent anything even after barrel rolling the bike a few times.

before that i had a 636 and i think used 2 or 3 cages in the 2 years of riding those bikes...i had an aftermarket stator cover,b ut once again, no issues.

i'm not saying that **** wont break, bc it will...it is bound to break; but i dont know what kind of crashing you guys are doing that are having all these problems, bc i've crashed just about every way possible...and HARD at that!

obviously some cages are better than others on certain model bikes, but theres a couple things i enjoy about the FI that is hard to match.

besides great customer service and a product that can be replaced in small parts, rather than an entire cage, they look great, are sleek, can be removed real easily and in ALL of my experience they have held up pretty much without fail.

there ARE other cage companies out there that maybe make stronger cages or what have you, but i hate extra weight on my bike and i hate a bulbous looking cage hanging off each side.

i crash, i get up, i ride again....all the time on my FI cage and i've been on 3 different brand bikes in the past few years. the argument that they are a good 'pro' cage is kinda stupid, bc that has nothing to do with not crashing...i crash jsut as hard and often as anyone else i'm sure.

anyways, my two pence from MY personal experience...to each their own, reserve they hate for something or someone WORTH hating!

and triple X, i remember those days well....i am still mad that i dented the tank to my 96RR, i swore i never would! lol
Old 12-20-2008, 01:24 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TEACH C6
what's up woodsy! long time no talkie! you hadda bring this up...i know i'm pro and i never crash (rolls eyes), and i get the cages for free BUT at this point in my career I can CHOOSE what cages i get for free, yet somehow i'm still with FI. i've had ONE cage on my BMW all year and it is still in tact and i dont plan on putting a new one on for awhile.

i rode a 600rr before that and went through a lot of motor mount bolts and a few frame sliders, but never cracked or bent anything even after barrel rolling the bike a few times.

before that i had a 636 and i think used 2 or 3 cages in the 2 years of riding those bikes...i had an aftermarket stator cover,b ut once again, no issues.

i'm not saying that **** wont break, bc it will...it is bound to break; but i dont know what kind of crashing you guys are doing that are having all these problems, bc i've crashed just about every way possible...and HARD at that!

obviously some cages are better than others on certain model bikes, but theres a couple things i enjoy about the FI that is hard to match.

besides great customer service and a product that can be replaced in small parts, rather than an entire cage, they look great, are sleek, can be removed real easily and in ALL of my experience they have held up pretty much without fail.

there ARE other cage companies out there that maybe make stronger cages or what have you, but i hate extra weight on my bike and i hate a bulbous looking cage hanging off each side.

i crash, i get up, i ride again....all the time on my FI cage and i've been on 3 different brand bikes in the past few years. the argument that they are a good 'pro' cage is kinda stupid, bc that has nothing to do with not crashing...i crash jsut as hard and often as anyone else i'm sure.

anyways, my two pence from MY personal experience...to each their own, reserve they hate for something or someone WORTH hating!

and triple X, i remember those days well....i am still mad that i dented the tank to my 96RR, i swore i never would! lol
diff ppl do have different luck yes and on different bikes yes also. the way i look at it is this. in the 4 short years ive been around the stunt scene ive yet to meet, see or talk to anyone that has ever had an issue with an SI cage failing. you pay 240 for those. i would need a sheet of paper to tally up all the times ive seen in person a FI cage break a stator, an engine mount and even a few clutch covers. on top of the numerous posts ive read on here. so regardless of my experience and yours, an independant view would have to conclude that FI cages do not hold up very well considering there is a cage company that DOES. and when it comes to paying 100 dollars more for an inferior product, the average consumer feels insulted. i know what metal costs and if he is getting fucked that hard by whoever he gets his metal from he might wanna look elsewhere instead of passing the **** to customers. every other cage company out there uses more metal in their product with more welds than FI and now FI is the most expensive....dont make sense.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Gas'er!!

TEACH C6 will become famous soon enough

fair enough...but keep in mind that there are probably significantly more FI cages in the world, so of course you are going to hear more complaints. i know ian makes great stuff and i've never had the opportunity to run one, so i personally can't compare...can only give my experiences through the years (there's a few of them! haha).

to each their own...i'm more than happy with my FI and like i said, i can choose.

braaaap
Old 12-20-2008, 02:02 PM
a k a jeremiah damn it

Jnutz1 is a decent person

i like s.i cages
Old 12-20-2008, 02:13 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

Originally Posted by Beto
thats a little exaggerated, theres no way in hell I'd trust a stuntaid. I rock a fi right now and will keep on rocking it until its busted. I like it because it looks good on full fairing bikes and its super easy to take off in like 10 minutes tops. But I will say that a sick innovations cage would probably do the job better when it comes to protection....
Stunt Aid are junk, but you might break a weld or cave a tube I cant see the whole thing comming apart. I saw my friend break his ancle when the FI cage bolt broke and collapsed the bike on him. I have a SI and have put my bike down from 12 sideways a few times and the cage has only scratched the paint off. Thats not to say every FI cage is going to pop like my boys, but I saw it happen and thats why I dont have anything positive to say about the cage.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:17 PM

crashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura aboutcrashtest 750 has a spectacular aura about

FI cages are great after you have your skills clean look. When learning a sick cage goes a long way.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:16 PM

DLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to beholdDLISH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Kyle XXX
I'm talking about 1995BC (Before Cage)....
Old 12-20-2008, 04:37 PM

atnuts is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a FI on my R6 and flipped it going 60mph and it saved my bike. just bent a motor mount. it kinda depends what bike it's on I'd rock one again.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Registered Spammer

old duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond reputeold duffer has a reputation beyond repute

On my 636 the bar is right over the cover

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 09:24 AM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

I was learning idle... trying to shut off the survival instinct of jumpin off when I was learning the finer points of how much brake to use.. LOL...
I would pull in the clutch, jump off the back, and let the bike fall to the round bar when I got in trouble.
I'd merk step out a scrape until the bike stopped on the bar most times, or I would try to jump back on. A couple of times the grips left my hands and the bike spun and pancaked.... only at jogging or walking speed.

Three wrecks like that and after each one, I had to work on the cage to shore it back up in order to ride again... I'm sure youv'e crashed harder than that before.... me too!! I was shocked and dissapointed.
I basically just stood there and wrote a big check! Whaddaya gonna do though, ya know?

When it comes down to it, screw it. It's what I got the bike for, I'm no crybag.. I have more than one bike. I'll fix it, move out and draw fire.
Only thing is, I feel like I had a false sense of confidence because of owning a cage. All be it, was the only cage being made for my bike at that time, since it was new. And it wasn't '95BC... it was 07AD (after drop) and I probaby wouldn't have tried that **** on that new of a bike had I not had that luxury...

Look, Tim's a great guy. I definately don't want someone to think I'm hating on him... I just think he needs to tweak his design a bit for the newer, lighter bikes. It's obvious they are changing...take the great subframe conundrum of 2006...

You gotta know from the overall consensus of the public that those cages are well known for being less than durable. Maybe with that and, the advent of more competitors into the market... sales are down for him and he's gotten himself used to a lifestyle or something??
I know about the shitty economy first hand... but that is one helluva price increase without really proving that it's a value at any price from where I stand.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:39 AM

636squid is a decent person

Originally Posted by jstuntlocke
I was learning idle... trying to shut off the survival instinct of jumpin off when I was learning the finer points of how much brake to use.. LOL...
I would pull in the clutch, jump off the back, and let the bike fall to the round bar when I got in trouble.
I'd merk step out a scrape until the bike stopped on the bar most times, or I would try to jump back on. A couple of times the grips left my hands and the bike spun and pancaked.... only at jogging or walking speed.

Three wrecks like that and after each one, I had to work on the cage to shore it back up in order to ride again... I'm sure youv'e crashed harder than that before.... me too!! I was shocked and dissapointed.
I basically just stood there and wrote a big check! Whaddaya gonna do though, ya know?

When it comes down to it, screw it. It's what I got the bike for, I'm no crybag.. I have more than one bike. I'll fix it, move out and draw fire.
Only thing is, I feel like I had a false sense of confidence because of owning a cage. All be it, was the only cage being made for my bike at that time, since it was new. And it wasn't '95BC... it was 07AD (after drop) and I probaby wouldn't have tried that **** on that new of a bike had I not had that luxury...

Look, Tim's a great guy. I definately don't want someone to think I'm hating on him... I just think he needs to tweak his design a bit for the newer, lighter bikes. It's obvious they are changing...take the great subframe conundrum of 2006...

You gotta know from the overall consensus of the public that those cages are well known for being less than durable. Maybe with that and, the advent of more competitors into the market... sales are down for him and he's gotten himself used to a lifestyle or something??
I know about the shitty economy first hand... but that is one helluva price increase without really proving that it's a value at any price from where I stand.
Very well said. +1000000000000

You have to justify price increase with quality and for FI it's just not there. Sometimes in business it's best to revaluate your situation or ideas and they need to do that, I think they're getting all the feedback they could want to do so off this site.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Squidwheelies.com

blackness is an unknown quantity at this point

I had an FI cage on my f4i for 3 years now and they hold up pretty well besides bending mounting bolts. But I think they look really clean and are easy to get on and off the bike unlike some other cages out there. But with that high of a price I probably will go with an SI for my 636
Old 12-21-2008, 09:16 PM
FYF

motopsycho231 is a decent person

its so funny too because the fi cage hasnt changed their design in HOW LONG? and yet the price keeps going up and up and up. I remember back in the day when they were $150 all day long. its frame sliders with a bent bar. not worth $300+ imo. good cage but expensive for no reason. and yeah, two lowsides and I have to replace the engine bolts on my gsxr. 2 SLIDES!!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:38 PM

Gixxxer Guy Ed is a decent person

FI sux ***
Old 12-23-2008, 12:46 PM
Brap

T-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the roughT-Dubby is a jewel in the rough

I would never pay 340 for a F.I cage lol wtf are they thinking? Hey lets raise prices when the economy is at it's worst.. Good idea. lol. The only good thing about F.I is it's easy to get one fast that's about it.

The F.I cage is good once you pretty much have every trick on lock and you don't drop your bike hard..

Otherwise get a S.I cage or Tygershark
Old 12-23-2008, 04:26 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

bc i've crashed just about every way possible...and HARD at that!

i crash, i get up, i ride again....i crash jsut as hard and often as anyone else i'm sure.
it's true, i've seen him do it!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 04:27 PM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

ask anyone who's seen me ride, i like to toss my bike, and i've had the same fi cage on for 3 seasons with no broken anything.