Crash Cages Suck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 10:54 PM

Kyle XXX is an unknown quantity at this point
Crash Cages Suck!

F.I. Customers,
Some crash cages suck but FI cages are SICK!

We are having holiday sale effective immediately until January 15th. All prices include shipping. We will have a price increase effective January 16th due to increased material costs.

Item --Sale price (starts now)-- New retail (start Jan 16th)

Cage --Sale price $250.00-- New Retail $339.55

12 Bar --Sale Price $99.95-- New Retail $124.95

Spools --Sail Price $25.00-- New Retail $30.95

Sliders --Sale Price $79.95-- New Retail $112.95

Clipons --Sale Price $119.95-- New Retail $156.95

Bar risers --Sale Price $79.95-- New Retail $99.95

FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS!

To place your order please email me Levelxvideo@aol.com or Kyle@KyleWoods.com to get the holiday pricing.

Thanks and clutch it up!
Kyle Woods.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:34 AM
www.cycletreads.co.nz

Kevmo7 is a decent person
Re: Crash Cages Suck!

Sounds good to me.

Also sounds like an attempt to out do sick innovations with there free shipping
Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 AM
SquidWheelies.com

SquidWheelies is an unknown quantity at this point

ha...
Old 12-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Squid Standers. Get Owned

CRA$H AZ is a decent person

[quote=Kyle XXX;3689497]Some crash cages suck but FI cages are SICK!

Cage --Sale price $250.00-- New Retail $339.55

quote]

except that every time i pull my cage off i need to replace my engine bolts cuz they're bent after every good wreck.

and for that price i'll buy a tygershark next time around.

other than that i've loved me FI cage.....but those are some pretty important factors. I think its time to update the cage.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 AM

quote]except that every time i pull my cage off i need to replace my engine bolts cuz they're bent after every good wreck.

and for that price i'll buy a tygershark next time around.

other than that i've loved me FI cage.....but those are some pretty important factors. I think its time to update the cage.[/QUOTE]

In a perfect world we should be able to flip our bikes off a 5 story building and not even scratch the paint.....
But reality is that with all the stress a crash puts on your bike somethings got to give.
Here are your options,
Bend the crash cage---$275.00
Crack the frame---$1500 new frame or $250 welded.
Bend the engine bolts---$1.50 and 15 min of my time.....

I'll take a bent bolt once in a while over anything else.
Unless you make that cage that can withstand the 5 story crash.....
Then I'll buy one of those and come work for you in R&D lol.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:18 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Kyle XXX

And maybe a drill and tap of a motor mount as on the f4i with the FI cage.....but Im just sayin

FI is a good "pro Level" cage IMO
Old 12-20-2008, 10:21 AM

crx23 is a decent person

there definitly good if you dont drop your bike that often,but i highsided my 636 at clutch control and cracked the stator cover on it so i wasn't even able to finish my run
Old 12-20-2008, 10:35 AM

636squid is a decent person

SICK INNOVATIONS!!!!! $339.00 for a FI cage is ridiculous dude. I'd buy a tygershark way before that but for $200.00 SI is way better than FI. IMO and I think that people will agree. Most things are sick when you're sponsored or know the owners.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:39 AM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Armenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant futureArmenian has a brilliant future

I thought this thread was going to say FI cages suck and then I was going to agree.

Its been proven that 3 point cage designs withstand more hits then FI cages. I would'nt buy one if they had them on sale for 50 dollars.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Lot killer

bortner636 is an unknown quantity at this point

fi is far from sick destroyed my stator cover and stator on my 636
sick innovations all day!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 10:44 AM
JMZ
Like I Give A Fu@k!

JMZ is a decent person

Originally Posted by Armenian
I thought this thread was going to say FI cages suck and then I was going to agree.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:48 AM

aw0n0 can only hope to improve

really poor business decision to have a price increase right now...
Old 12-20-2008, 10:55 AM

636squid is a decent person

Originally Posted by aw0n0
really poor business decision to have a price increase right now...
Yeah, especially on a shitty cage.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:07 AM
A.M STOPPIE SCHOOL

ROWDY is a decent person

Do they come with free case covers for as long as u own the cage? Those guys over there at F.I are nice as hell but they have one SERIOUSLY outdated product... Time to get with the times Mr.Barnes
Old 12-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Super Glue It!

LanceR. is a decent person

FI is garbage. Weak *** cage can't take a beating

SICK INNOVATIONS ALL DAY!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2008, 11:54 AM

Love the FI cage or hate the FI cage, That's up to you. But let me tell you a little story about "Back in the day" and I don't mean back when cell phones didn't have cameras. I'm talking about 1995BC (Before Cage)....

Once upon a time when Hand brakes only came on cars, and the Idle was for warming up your bike.
It would take the best and most talented riders 4-6 months of riding every day to learn how to scrape the tail. Slowest wheelie competitions were held on the highway, and it would take 2-4 weeks to learn 180 stoppies.

Why did it take so long to learn?
If you were learning how to scrape tail. You would have to bring 3 or more Stator covers and 3-4 gallons of oil to the practice spot. Because there was no crash cages to save us. Any time we hit the ground we cracked the stator, broke peg brackets and even handle bars. EVERY TIME! 3 or more times a night. 3 Stators and 3 gallons of oil was about $360.00 EVERY NIGHT!

Any crash no matter how small, even dropping a burnout would cost you money in broken parts.

We didn't have big sprockets or low tire pressure. We learned to scrape with stock gears and stock tires. The slowest wheelie I ever saw back then was 35mph.
The only reason we learned about tire pressure is because Matt Gorka got a nail in his tire one night and we noticed his wheelies getting smoother as the tire got flat.

I could go on forever about the old school.

But then one day a Squid named Tim Barnes almost killed me by pulling out in front of me while I was in a high chair practicing for a contest.
Long story short, Tim showed me a project he was working on to help protect the bikes. He called it "The Crash Cage". I thought it was the best thing I had ever seen, I had to have one. He knew he was on to something so he started a company called Freestyle Ingenuity (FI) and began producing the first crash cages available for sale to everyone.

From that day on tricks that used to take months to learn were only taking days. Because now we had the luxury of letting the bike hit the ground, so we could push the limit harder and harder. And learn faster and faster.

Doesn't matter if you love the FI cage, or one of the other cages.
But remember this Tim Barnes and (FI) built the first cages which helped us all and have inspired others to make their versions of the crash cage.
So there is a little (FI) in every cage.

There are many great cages out there but I have my favorite.
When it comes to price remember this, as with all cage companies they have to deal with buying the materials. Steel prices have doubled since last year and everyone hopes they go back down soon. But as of now, it is what it is.

Ask any OG how it was riding back in the day (BC) and they will have the same stories.
I am proud to see how far out sport has come. And each one of us who lives by the clutch helps make our sport better and better every day!
Old 12-20-2008, 12:00 PM
hunts and stunts

jstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to beholdjstuntlocke is a splendid one to behold

quote]
In a perfect world we should be able to flip our bikes off a 5 story building and not even scratch the paint.....
But reality is that with all the stress a crash puts on your bike somethings got to give.
Here are your options,
Bend the crash cage---$275.00
Crack the frame---$1500 new frame or $250 welded.

I'll take a bent bolt once in a while over anything else.
Unless you make that cage that can withstand the 5 story crash.....
Then I'll buy one of those and come work for you in R&D lol.

Yea, I can respect your opinion because you are one of my heroes.. haha
But like I said in your other thread...

3 crashes later and my frame is cracked...?? what about that??
Had nothing to do with not shoring up the cage between each crash for $1.50 either... (Which is rediculous if that's what you have to do!) the new bikes just have such weak frames and they are often times just hollow cast junk to make the power to weight ratio numbers better... Kinda like on the bike I'm talkin about. I just think ONE impact point is a bad idea no matter if they are on sale or not.

I might also add that those are one of the cleanest lookin cages out there, but the design needs to change with the new lighter bikes' design is what I think...

And let me respectfully add that: Nobody's talkin about a 5 story crash off a building... Just about a pancake crash like off idle or like when learning circ's or riding slow lot ****... if it can't withstand a few of those type of crashes, then it's junk for the newer bikes IMO.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:43 PM
www.STUNTRIDE.com

MiNi GuineA is a decent person

But remember this Tim Barnes and (FI) built the first cages which helped us all and have inspired others to make their versions of the crash cage.
Just because you made something first, makes it good? That FI cage is at bottom, I would rock a STUNTAID.COM cage off ebay before I trusted a FI.
Old 12-20-2008, 12:52 PM
**** yo couch!!

Nasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the roughNasty nate! is a jewel in the rough

everytime i drop my bike my bolts bend so i stopped putting new bolts... **** that i want tyger shark... does a 06 600rr shark cage fit on a 03???
Old 12-20-2008, 12:59 PM

sdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of lightsdfkillz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by NASTYNATE3E
everytime i drop my bike my bolts bend so i stopped putting new bolts... **** that i want tyger shark... does a 06 600rr shark cage fit on a 03???
yes 03 to 06 cages are the same for the rr

Quick Reply: Crash Cages Suck!